Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1279177 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #1080 on: June 28, 2013, 11:17:10 am »

I'm gonna put in a bet that they're for Paradise :3
It's FEF, not FEOF

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1081 on: June 28, 2013, 01:59:49 pm »

no freeformschooler don't promise us that they're the last ones :c

They are so wonderfully mad and entertaining! Oh yeah i also dicked around with my tablet a bit more today, partially inspired by ctrlpaint.com.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
it's supposed to be an apple but it might look more like a cherry candy thing

or a blotch of colour

But anyways i found a new way to use the pressure sensitivity, which doesn't involve variable opacity (which generally looks bad in my hands). Namely, have it vary the colour from light to dark depending on how hard i press. It's a bit fiddly, but i like the end result of it.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1082 on: June 29, 2013, 11:11:57 am »

I wish I could draw, really. All I can do is do minor presidigitation with computers :c

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 29, 2013, 12:51:44 pm »

Shook, you should try coloring with a bigger brush. It'll give a more natural look to the shading. Takes a bit of fiddling to get used to it, though.

I wish I could draw, really. All I can do is do minor presidigitation with computers :c

Aww, don't say that. Every artist starts with something, like drawing shitty-looking stickmen at the corners of your assignment papers (that's how I got started, heh). Keep doing it consistently but (this is important) differently every time and you will improve.

I'll see if I can post something. I've been doing quite a bit of concept art and research on a webcomic I'm planning on doing, might be nice to get some feedback from you guys. C: 

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1084 on: June 29, 2013, 01:28:33 pm »

I actually started with a bigger brush and then went smaller, although perhaps i should start with an EVEN BIGGER brush for rough shading. It'll also make it easier on me. :U
Also, fiddling is what i do all the time!! In particular, fiddling with the tablet to get used to it. It's still a bit awkward, so until it stops getting awkward, i'm probably going to keep bombing you with sub-par drawings, hee hee. All in the name of HAVING A WONDERFUL TIME and also maybe improving. Fun is the primary goal for me, so yeah.

@Sky: Haha, i can't even count how many times i've said that myself. After having dicked around with drawing, i've come to the conclusion that anyone can learn to draw (EVEN ME, WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWWWWWWWW), it just takes time. If you just keep doing random funny doodles over the course of, say, a few months, you will see notable improvements. c:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 29, 2013, 01:36:23 pm »

Seconding what the Shook said. Everyone is an amateur at first, only with time do you see yourself improving. With art especially you'll se a painfully slow progress, even with focused studies. The trick is sticking with it long enough to see yourself improve and not suck. I've made great progress since I first started digital but I still feel incredibly inadequate and unskilled. Yet I continue to doodle and dabble and paint, not only because I want to improve but because it's damn fun to do.

And that's the most important thing about it I guess, it doesn't matter how much it sucks or how slowly you improve as long as you're having fun with it :D

Anyways, about the apple Shook. Since you're watching CTRLPaint already I suggest you check out the blending videos. They should make it look more natural and the tranistions should give away that it's a round object. Also the opacity is best left as a hard setting (in that it doesn't change with pressure), atleast until you get used to the tablet itself. Having to fiddle with the right pressure while also trying to nail the line isn't exactly the easiest of things at first.
Also about the brush size, blocking in colours is best done with as large a brush as possible since you don't want details or messyness, just a rough blotch of colour where you want it. Then you size down as you gradually work on details and other stuff.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 30, 2013, 04:51:14 pm »

Follow the path of the Shook. Looking back at his doodles, you can see that A) they start off not exactly the best, B) he's clearly having fun making them, and C) they very noticeably improve as you go down the line towards what he's drawing these days. That's probably the best possible course of action and result anyone could hope for.

That said, I still wish I could draw as well as Jopax.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 01, 2013, 11:30:44 am »

Inspired by how the guy behind Papers Please drew his guys, I decided to make my own version of the "monotone yet varied and with a lot of character" style of the Papers Please characters.

It could be better, but I gotta say I like how it turned out.

matskuman5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 01, 2013, 04:59:52 pm »

I did a quick little drawing in photshop about a dragon flying in the sky.

Please tell me how to rezize images, in detail.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:05:48 pm by matskuman5 »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 01, 2013, 05:24:46 pm »

Please tell me how to rezize images, in detail.
GIMP has a 'scale image' option in the Image dropdown menu. Photoshop probably has something similar.

Alternatively:
Code: [Select]
[spoiler][Img width=600]http://i.imgur.com/OGhqIVA.png[/img][/spoiler]

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 02, 2013, 05:54:05 pm »

I've been doing a bit of work on the tablet lately. They're only half-focused and I didn't worry too much about details, but I'm satisfied with the overall result.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 02, 2013, 07:20:28 pm »

I've been in a Soviet-era sanatorium owned by a local stockings factory and sketched some buildings. The upper one is an abandoned cafe and the lower one (extremely rushed because I've had to catch an outbound bus) is one of the lodges.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 02, 2013, 10:41:29 pm »

I drew this today and was going to post this at the Guild, but it's not going on the theme of my "current work" (if there's any) so I consider it a bit random.

This is it.

There are lot of weird, unintended things going on there, namely "mistakes", so I'm not going to excuse them on my hastiness.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1093 on: July 04, 2013, 06:27:09 pm »

Dude, that's awesome, i love that style of drawing! You don't have to excuse anything, if you ask me. ;)

also i have made some SUPER QUICK DOODLES (read: 5 minutes tops per piece, discounting the time it took to crop out Barkley's bald face) for fun and times
Spoiler: hammerhead snark (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SLAMMERHEAD SHARK (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: tophatsaurus (click to show/hide)
I know it's not like AT ALL comparable in effort to the rest of the stuff on this page, but screw comparisons, it's fun to make these little doodles. I should do more of them, they help me get in tune with THE TABLET!! And also linework, because that's pretty much my weak point.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 04, 2013, 07:25:17 pm »

The achievements in Gunpoint are some of the funniest I've seen in a while. It was an excellent choice for a drawing.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 845