Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1279158 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #1545 on: November 15, 2013, 08:44:17 pm »

For context, before I begin posting here again, and hopefully more frequently: From the HAPPY thread in GD.
Finally working up some motivation to do some random art projects again for art's sake. Just finished modeling at least one of the ships (A kunai (one of many bladeships) converted into a helldrop ship (mostly sub-orbital drops); imagine, if you will, a kunai the size of a car that uses gravity and a parachute (and some basic elevators and rudders, and blade-tip ailerons, to aim and punch through buildings or long stretches of land (taking out cars, aircraft and any other poor sap that's in their way at high velocity, and not being the lightest thing to get hit by while at it; somewhat dense to maximize effect, and to provide as much safety to the passenger as possible.), and a trooper is inside pre-armed to take on their mission. They also usually come in groups (from 4-32 of them at the same time; full deployment of 32 from Arrow dropcraft (double as controller ships for the kunai teams; full load of 16 kunai per arrow)) to tackle a mission head-on and by surprise, doing as much damage on the way in as possible before beginning). Ought to make good for practicing texturing, due to being a small and lo-poly design and small profile.

Spoiler: Reference image (click to show/hide)

Gonna find my sketchpads and look through them again to see what else I can work on, and maybe start adding to them again. Last time I seriously drew anything was about 4-5 years ago. Last actual attempt at 3D modeling were the ships I showed a month or two ago (last worked on a few months before then before the hard drive borked).

EDIT:
Spoiler: Here's some renderings (click to show/hide)
They may be small and cheap, but they're not to be underestimated. Oh, and the passenger is usually standing while they're in freefall, and lying down like a luge if/when they land horizontally (commonly land vertically, but horizontal is safer shock-wise for the passenger, though less accurate/direct), plowing through fields of troops, cutting them to their knee-equivalents, then popping off the door and sometimes using it like a shield, or the kunai for cover, and firing upon anyone and anything in their surroundings with a full-auto weapon or a grenade launcher of sorts.

Finally found a good tutorial on how to texture in Blender. As I promised in the HAPPY thread, I decided to practice on my Aviar-Kai Kunai.

Right now, the texturing job looks like crap (A- I just started, B- I'm getting the basics mapped out before I decide to go nuts on it (Paint.NET right now, Photoshop will come when the nitty-gritty comes to play), C- Now that I have a good feel for what to do, I think I can start practicing a new skill during my free time; or invest in an official class to cement it in place). Well, for crap, it doesn't look bad for a first crack at it, so more like a polished ball of crap. It's not the best it could be, but it's still amazingly shiny for what it's worth; especially for a very first actual attempt (now that I know how to do it properly).

Send one of these through a field of cattle, and you've got a slaughterhouse for a good few hundred meters. Or put one through a tall building, and they've got a new sunroof, or elevator shaft to work on. And in case you're wondering, the blue are windows for the passenger to look out of, at eye-level, and below to see where they're headed at foot-level. The red is a placeholder emblem of the faction that owns it.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 10:04:32 pm by Itnetlolor »

Steeled

• Bay Watcher
  • 1. To cover, plate, edge, or point with steel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: November 16, 2013, 11:42:26 pm »

Can... Can I get a few pictures of your setup if it's not too much to ask? This has always reealllyy interested me and I'd like to learn a little more.
What exactly would you like a picture of? also more photos, bracelets and pendants for everyone! Both of those bracelets were made with 1/4" square stock by the way.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 11:49:42 pm by Steeled »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: November 18, 2013, 03:01:08 am »

Dang man that's gorgeous.

Uh, just the whole thing mostly. Like, the forge in action. That's like candy to me.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: November 18, 2013, 10:53:24 pm »

Wow. Those torcs look great.

Steeled

• Bay Watcher
  • 1. To cover, plate, edge, or point with steel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: November 19, 2013, 09:28:38 pm »

Dang man that's gorgeous.

Uh, just the whole thing mostly. Like, the forge in action. That's like candy to me.
The biggest problem with that is that I only have my shitty laptop, which makes taking pictures of a dingy forge, hard. Even harder to take pictures while I'm working.
Wow. Those torcs look great.
Thanks, I really enjoy making jewelry for some reason. Knives are also pretty fun, but require so much more work if you want them to look good, 3 hours foringg and 5 hours sanding and filing.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: November 20, 2013, 12:15:30 am »

Oh, if you don't mind me asking, where do you get your metal? Is it some sort of online supplier or is it a local business?
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1551 on: November 20, 2013, 07:41:05 pm »

AUGH scary! But really well made :0
THANK YOU GOOD PERSON

It's actually a comparatively quick thing (took... 25 minutes?), but i'm glad it doesn't look like complete shit. c:
Also when i say comparatively it is because i have a comparison now.

THE KINGEST LIZARD KING

This little blighter took HOURS to make. I don't know exactly how many, but probably around 3-5 hours, even though i got a bit lazy towards the end. It was an experiment in "how pretty can i get it?", and... Well, it turned out beyond my initial expectations. I am in fact rather proud, deadly sin or not. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: November 20, 2013, 07:47:48 pm »

It looks so... kingly. Like a king made out of kings pressed together into one over-king that was a lizard.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: November 20, 2013, 09:51:21 pm »

Post to watch and post stuffs. I'll probably be in the forge tommorow, so depending on whether or not I remember to take photos, I may put things up.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: November 20, 2013, 10:13:45 pm »

Shook? Where can I get one of those S-bend staffs? All the one at my local staff-mart are straight.

:p
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1555 on: November 21, 2013, 04:53:37 am »

You can find one at your local lizard blacksmith. They're terrible at making straight lines, but their S-bend staffs are of astounding quality!

also the effect you observe is a result of me not drawing the full length of the scepter through King Lizard's mouth

It looks so... kingly. Like a king made out of kings pressed together into one over-king that was a lizard.
CONCENTRATED KING

Shame he's a lizard though, i bet he could outking most kings nowadays, if he could speak. :I (he can, however, waddle in a manner most kingly)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 21, 2013, 04:55:15 am »

Not to underplay his mighty reptilian prowess, he looks like an awesome sock puppet of metal death to me. I saw it once and I cannot unsee it.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1557 on: November 21, 2013, 05:22:29 am »

Most people say that, hehe. I can see where it's coming from though, he does look like a sock puppet that i'd treasure forever! :P
Might have helped if i had drawn a body and/or some limbs. Then again, sock puppets are awesome.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 21, 2013, 05:37:59 am »

The best thing in the world.

I'm going ugly sweater shopping for the season. I thikn I'm gonna pick up some socks and make puppets.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 21, 2013, 08:27:02 am »

Artwork demanded by Japa. It's about inner chaos and Shibe sorrow.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 845