Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1279135 times)

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #1590 on: November 29, 2013, 09:27:21 am »

So now that I have proper internet I've been able to go trough the last few pages.

I approve of the blacksmithing stuff greatly, it is a manly art and as such it is awesome.

Also holy fuck Shook, IS THAT COLOUR I SEE!?!?!

Anyways, expect some scans on the morrow, since, scanner is right there in my room, woohooo!

Yay! The Pax is back to shame us all with his productivity! ;)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: November 29, 2013, 06:04:18 pm »

I came up with a great story idea. "2013: Russian Antics in Review".

Vladimir Putin was just an average mild mannered shirtless judoka de facto dictator. That all changed when he was struck by a fragment of the Chelyabinsk meteor made of the exotic element russium. He became a superhero known only as Medved, and now journeys across Glorious Mother Russia with his sidekick The Leaker (Edward Snowden), jailing gays, confiscating Syria's chemical weapons, and failing to stop 737s from crashing.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: November 29, 2013, 09:48:17 pm »

Sorry for the delay, certain things (including, but not limited to procastrination and relative weddings) have hampered me in scanning the shit that is to be scanned.

So I make a solemn swear on my pioneering good looks that you shall recieve the eye pleasuring in the morning (the morning being defined as whenever the hell I wake up since it's now almost 4 AM and I'm still pretty buzzed by all the wine and coke  and ice cream I had)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1593 on: November 30, 2013, 09:37:38 am »

Despair not Jopax, we will survive! ... For a while. Fortunately we have folks like Scelly to keep our eye pleasure at optimal levels. c:

meanwhile here have an explosion thing

also some silly doodles i haven't posted here yet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I actually kind of really like how the eagle doodle turned out, i think that's my cartoony doodle style at its optimum. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: November 30, 2013, 04:26:16 pm »

That eaglol is pretty sweet. You should work it over with some thicker linework.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: November 30, 2013, 05:28:11 pm »

Aye, the eagle is pretty neat, could use some beef and substance with bigger and more confident strokes (as in, don't be afraid to black it all up in that beyotch, after all, you can always do Undo if it doesn't work out)

And after a double delay and whatnot I give you stuff!

First off some fairly old stuff, not sure if it was posted here before:
And some stuff I doodled during the boring parts of the wedding (disclaimer, some of the art isn't mine, but done by younger relatives, I'll leave it up to you guys to decide which ones tho :P )

Slight digital tinkering was done to optimize screen space and reduce size, nothing major though.
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1596 on: November 30, 2013, 08:10:35 pm »

SHARKTOPUS

Oh man Jopax, you have delivered once again! I find it awesome how much definition your scratchy doodles have, when i do such things they just end up looking like a bunch of tangled up yarn. Also, that last drawing even emulates a cameraman who didn't manage to hold the camera horizontal! :U

Also regarding thicker lines and more confident strokes... Well, thing is, my accuracy with bold strokes is approaching zero, and my patience isn't great enough to retry the same bit of a line 50 times just to get it right. So, i introduce to you the EEGULL, first drawn by hand as confidently as i could...

And secondly via pen tool:

On one hand, i like the second one better because of the clean lines, but on the other, i like the first one better because it looks like it isn't made by a machine. DECISIONS! But how people get legitimately smooth lines all the way through a drawing is beyond me. If i try to take it slowly (which works fine on paper), the line kind of veers and wobbles all over the place. If i do it like SWOOSH then it just misses the mark, albeit fairly smoothly. Basically, my conundrum is this:
Fast looks smooth, but misses the mark. Slow has better accuracy, but suddenly wobbles all over the place and looks nervous as fuck. I think it might have to do with how i actually draw on the tablet though, i like to rest my hand on it. Perhaps that's not such a great idea, because my sweaty meathand tends to suddenly snag hold of the tablet and interrupt the line. Perhaps i also need to practice more "don't look at the paper"-drawing, because my hand-eye coordination isn't all that great when it comes to drawing.

rambleramble
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: November 30, 2013, 09:20:01 pm »

I mostly get cleanish lines by zooming in as far as I can while still seeing where I need to draw the line and using ctrl-z a few times if it's way off. If needed, I'll box-select then delete particularly sloppy connections to redo them at a higher zoom, then even out any close-but-off connections with a soft eraser. By now, I'm practiced enough that I mostly only need to zoom and use light undos for fairly nice looking lines, especially if I remember to work large enough to size the image down afterwards.

It helps that I'm OCD and, since I started drawing, have been of the opinion that my brush strokes shouldn't be visible. BEEP BEEP THE FILTHY MEATBAGS WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE INTERNET BY FORCE OF SPAM AND SUPERIOR CUTEBOLDERY.

Also, I feel I should point out that your eagle's neck looks flat with the border triangle-line being straight. (And don't make those with the pen tool, unless you spend too much time messing with anchors you get triangles that don't look like soft. They'll look spiky. My doctor advised against petting spiky bald eagles .. Of course, my lawyer advised against petting bald eagles in general.)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: December 01, 2013, 02:21:36 pm »

God damn it forums/sleepy me. I could've sworn I posted an elaborate response/encouragement last night, but it's not here right now :C

Anyway, since I'm still somewhat tired and watching something interesting on modelling in Maya (which seems damn awesome, will have to play around with that soon).

The gist of it was, wobbly lines are most probably a hardware/software issue, I doubt your hand shakes that much (since I had the same problem with my tablet). Innacurate swooshing curves can be remedied by practicing accuracy, mainly setting yourself 2 or more points on a paper and trying to connect them with a quick, gestural curve. After doing many of these (they're boring and repetitive, but neccessary since it's so far the only way to develop muscle memory) you'll have accurate, swooshy curves.
Also you can try working in higher resolutions with smoother brushes which, when downsized should give cleaner lines. Or you could try with selection tools, which requires some more accuracy but it's hard to top it when it comes to clean lines.
AS - IG

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: December 01, 2013, 03:43:04 pm »

Forget not the power of Keska Ampharlos,
though weakest of The Ten
Lest your flesh be stripped to the bone
and all you know devoured
by the million jaws of the ivory swarm
It's FEF, not FEOF

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: December 01, 2013, 04:55:12 pm »

Looks cool, but for some reason the way he's holding the sword looks really strange to me.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1601 on: December 01, 2013, 05:29:48 pm »

Perhaps if the elbow was tucked in a bit more towards the torso? At the moment he's kind of like sticking it actively out in the air. :I
Regardless of that though, looks totally badass! Four clawed hands of clawing faces off, i approve of that.

God damn it forums/sleepy me. I could've sworn I posted an elaborate response/encouragement last night, but it's not here right now :C

Anyway, since I'm still somewhat tired and watching something interesting on modelling in Maya (which seems damn awesome, will have to play around with that soon).

The gist of it was, wobbly lines are most probably a hardware/software issue, I doubt your hand shakes that much (since I had the same problem with my tablet). Innacurate swooshing curves can be remedied by practicing accuracy, mainly setting yourself 2 or more points on a paper and trying to connect them with a quick, gestural curve. After doing many of these (they're boring and repetitive, but neccessary since it's so far the only way to develop muscle memory) you'll have accurate, swooshy curves.
Also you can try working in higher resolutions with smoother brushes which, when downsized should give cleaner lines. Or you could try with selection tools, which requires some more accuracy but it's hard to top it when it comes to clean lines.
My hands are actually pretty clumsy, just recently i managed to knock over two shot glasses within two minutes of each other. It's also why i rarely play sniper roles. :U
Practicing accuracy like that seems like a nice idea though, and something i can do to cool down every night. Just like 5 minutes of that, then bedding time. Over time, i'm sure it'll add up, along with my usual "doodle things because it's fun" practice.

oh and speaking of fun times

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: December 01, 2013, 05:38:00 pm »

Sir Duckington III shall be his name.
He looks quite spiffy.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: December 01, 2013, 05:54:39 pm »

Could use a slightly darker background so his beak and torso stand out a bit more. Other than that and the slightly wierd connection between the pipe and the beak, he looks damn good :D
AS - IG

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: December 01, 2013, 06:05:16 pm »

Shook, stop being so good at drawing I'm so jealous! :'(
Crack-a-lack-a
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 845