Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1283069 times)

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #1725 on: January 30, 2014, 12:13:00 pm »

Spoiler: It grows (click to show/hide)
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: January 30, 2014, 03:46:27 pm »

What is this Machiavellian contraption?

Thought it was a maker bot at first, but then I saw the wheels(?).

Steeled

• Bay Watcher
  • 1. To cover, plate, edge, or point with steel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 30, 2014, 04:43:02 pm »

It looks a bit top heavy. Are you going to add cross bracing?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1728 on: January 31, 2014, 11:55:58 pm »

After binging on some art and music (courtesy of Reddit and a link I found from it and some Chrono Trigger OCR; Caution: Some NSFW content in the art links.) I drew a few things that came back to mind. The quality is crap (even by my standards; the better stuff comes with 3+ hours of dedicated work on a sketchpad, this was 15 minutes of work on a notepad per-image), but I think it's worthy of showing, since I'm doing art again after a 5-year dry spell (cause of it, let's just say, I didn't have fans; or at least the ones that got me en masse were of the ultra-douchebag variety that hate on everything and can spread like a virus if left unchecked; my skills had to lay low before coming back, it feels like, like I was doing a crime of creativity; admittedly, the work was a rush-job and wasn't my best of work, and the story told through them was just as bad, again, even by my standards (reason I don't do comics, despite the countless requests I've gotten from my siblings to go into it)).

I don't have them ready to upload (That'll wait until tomorrow), but here are some titles as previews:
Evading an Awakened Demon-Reactor (Creature in picture is half-visible)
Water-City and Temple Rikeah, Juneau (A city on a massive floating island/continent)
Mossy Undercity of Juneau, nearby the Megalolpolis of Baaliasa (another city, except on the underbelly of the island near the core-most mega-city; a city of darkness and/or heat (didn't quite get the element theme for it down yet))

EDIT:
Pictures are posted, see next post.
/EDIT

The drawings don't do justice to these places I've visited in my dreams; including the demon reactor beast itself, and the colony ship the size of New York it was powering (not the city, nor county, but the state of New York is how fucking big the colony ship was, and this thing (about the size of a city itself) was the power source for it, and it awoke and wasn't happy being used as such; short story, what the hell happened to all 40 million people on board it, and why were there no traces of them left? Body or Soul; not even a drop of blood or struggle? Probably the scariest thing I've encountered in a dream recently. Oh yeah, and it was improbably fast for it's size, not to mention one of it's dozens of hands were the size of the Excalibur (ship from earlier) while at it.).

Spoiler: mini-rant (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:19:57 pm by Itnetlolor »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1729 on: February 01, 2014, 11:28:14 am »

Looking forward to seeing these things! Its painful to read what you've been subjected to by douchebags, nobody trying to express themselves should be treated like that. Good to hear you're coming out of the dry spell though, especially in a nice place like this. c:

oh yeah also forgot to display this guy

it is a GORGONOPSID

Made it as part of a sketchy art trade with a certain Veve, and it is definitely the inferior half of the trade when it comes to arting quality. I mean, behold, i asked her if she wanted to draw a classy velociraptor, and then she made this cool guy.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1730 on: February 01, 2014, 11:52:33 am »

Oh wow those are both badass. Nice work Shook!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: February 01, 2014, 01:01:48 pm »

I made a Venn Diagram (taken with shitty phone camera, sorry - also, probably huge (but the simplistic image editor only lets me choose between this and too tiny to read):

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:05:33 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: February 01, 2014, 01:54:35 pm »

Pro tip, use [image height=x width=x] (image link here) [/image] to adjust it.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: February 01, 2014, 02:05:53 pm »

Thank you sir.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1734 on: February 01, 2014, 02:08:49 pm »

Thank you sir.
Aw cool! Learning new stuff erry day! :o

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 01, 2014, 02:11:17 pm »

To be honest I'm impressed and scared that my phone can even take pictures that huge.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: February 01, 2014, 02:18:37 pm »

You can actually adjust the res within your camera app itself. It's always mountain-sized by default.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1737 on: February 01, 2014, 10:43:29 pm »

And I don't remember if I submitted this before, but this was one of my older works made between 2-3 hours.

In the first image, the Excalibur is on the lower right, and we already know how big that thing is, and the creature is far enough away that there would be distant horizon fog (I need to work on rendering creatures again; as well as figure drawing for any people to render). The second image is closer the the average quality of the comic that was mocked, and if anyone wants to re-create it in DF, be my guest (it'll probably have to be shrunken down, but still cool to see). And the third one was more of an experiment of both rendering a different environment (buildings projecting out of the island, and some built into the island, and the whitespace below where the ships are passing by, that's the outer wall of one of the mega-buildings that make up the megalopolis of the core-most portion of the island (which qualifies, since it leads straight to the top-most megalopolis of Revielle (The city of Light), which is equally massive, and the Megalopolis of Earth, connected by Dark and Light spans the entire core of the island upwards and downwards). Oh yeah, and those are highways that go along the outside of the island from time to time. Helps for looking for buildings to head toward, as well as looking for the right exit.

Funny thing, I came to the conclusion that the city mapping and infrastructure (especially internally), and the shape of the island I developed, turns out the cities and temples are arranged in a manner that proposes that the island was formed around a mega-weapon the size of Hawaii, or at least, one of the smaller islands. Yep, another utterly massive doodad in the crazy-ass universe of mine.

For a good idea of the whole universe I call "The Second Nature", think of the GURPS System at TL12+ (Anything Goes). Anachronism is the norm, God is stoned and drunk, and maybe took some LSD, I don't know, and sometimes He's a character that visits from time to time to serve as a literal Deus Ex Machina, and after enough mad scientists and ascensions of all kinds of people and so forth occurred; imagination nearly becomes an actual science or some crap. Let's just say, if there was another universe that was made up of the entire universe's imagination, this would be it. Theoretically, it's magnitudes larger than our own universe, and we can only explore oh so much. The only way to experience everything would be being immortal, which is actually practical now, since space travel and Hollywood-science and such, and in some cases cartoon physics (including anime) is possible. Simply put, it's a clusterfuck of what-the-fuck. To try and make sense of it would be like translating a Necronomicon into all known languages (which, funny enough there, has been done).

EDIT:
As I submit more work, I don't care if anyone wants to re-render them or build them in DF or whatever. I'm just in it for the art. My professional graphic designing is more for other crap that catches my interest (freelancing and all, and making an income), and even with that I can care less about copyrights and such involving my work. Like I said, I'm in it for the art. I do it because I have fun doing it. Then again, it wouldn't hurt being credited as the inspiration. The way I see it, if my inner universe is anything to go by, there's no such thing as originality. I mean, it's the ultimate crossover in there, with Star Wars and Star Trek, Farscape, Lexx, Doctor Who, and just about anything else sharing the same space. Speaking of which, Lexx would obliterate the Death Star in a jiffy.

Oh yeah, and the cause of the delay of uploading, I forgot to reinstall my printer/scanner's drivers since my old HDD crapped out.

EDIT EDIT:
Oh yeah, I think I said it on the Anime thread, or at least the Happy thread, but in regards to my 'Second Nature' universe, Space Dandy (with maybe a touch of Tenchi Muyo universe) is probably the most accurate interpretation I've seen so far of how it is, and every bit as insane. Maybe I'm not the only one that's seen it? Then again, being a universe made up of imagination, we've all seen it?

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Oh yeah, one more thing, I've been having all these flashes of this 'verse all my life; it mostly manifested by my teenage years, slightly earlier than that (hitting 10, I think was when I noticed it the most). With schizophrenia developing, that's when things got weird (like it started interacting with me, and some of my full-sensory dreams, even when awake, plopped me right in the middle of it). Fortunately, I learned to harness it, instead of removing it. Short story, I have a double-lifetime's worth of this crazy stuff yet to be rendered and explained. You'll be in for a ride once I get back to drawing regularly again (and re-rendering in 3D some of them).

I guess you can say, I nickname that universe as The Second Nature, since it has become second nature to me. I ever become sane, then it'll be like a portion of my soul goes missing. Fuck sanity and being normal; I prefer happiness. Plus, as long as I'm a high-functioning member of society, despite this "flaw", why should anyone care?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:46:18 pm by Itnetlolor »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1738 on: February 01, 2014, 10:46:48 pm »

The beach city is fucking awesome. Do more. Please.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1739 on: February 02, 2014, 12:22:27 am »

Since I got my scanner back online, and I might have some fans of my work, I might scan some more. In the meantime, here's a couple I had lingering on my drive.

The floating island itself I mentioned earlier, and the floating specks of flak, those are orbiting properties. Mini-sky isles with houses, condos, and on some, even factories and fortresses (emphasizing on one's house being their castle a bit far). Basically, they're orbiting particles of the mainland itself, and while the island moves about (following magnetic currents or something) the islands continue to orbit it. There are all kinds of ways onto it, from aircraft and spaceships to airships and even boats (riding upwards waterfalls which serve as a water source).

Spoiler: Aviar-Kai Boomerang (click to show/hide)
This is another one of those Bladeships I mentioned. I want to render it in 3D so bad. And yes, it has sub-engines on its wings to allow it to spin like a boomerang, offensively, as in dice up infantry and other craft. Maybe not the most practical design, but kinda why it operates on a solid fuel or solid-state propulsion/power/fuel instead of liquid/gas powered (like crystals and magnets of some crazy sort). So it doesn't blow up on it's first kill. Same applies to other Aviar-Kai ships. As you'd expect, for avian-based races, something like a hummingbird would be at the helm (reactions and adaptable frame for the impacts. Also why the cockpit would look like it was made for a child.). Nonetheless, imagine the reactions of anyone's first time seeing these things fight, especially once you see a squadron start spinning like mad. They PREFER melee combat IN THE FUCKING SKY, with their ships.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 12:39:47 am by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 845