Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282820 times)

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #1815 on: February 12, 2014, 07:24:18 pm »

Hey guys, just popping in here to see if I could request something from all you artsy folks.
This isn't anything I plan on using for anything*, and is more or less just something I really want to see.

Anywho, I've been throwing the idea of a powerful female protagonist for a story I want to write but probably never will.

Her features should be something like this:
Long, white hair. Perhaps with portions of it stained with blood.
White/Silvery eyes.
Average height for a normal human female.
She needs to be an angel, so wings. (And they gotta be glorious.)
Somewhat muscular, whatever would be appropriate for a soldier of sorts.
Face should be a little bit round. Not fat-type round though, more of just a roundish jaw.
She should have an expression composed of sadness mixed with emotional deadness.

I want her to be clad in some pretty majestic, high-fantasy, white, angelic type armor. Nothing like gold trim, though. Also, nothing TOO ridiculously huge. Perhaps covered in some blood as well.
She should have two large, curved swords, either in her hands, on her back, or on her sides. Bloody, of course.

Basically, the character I'm describing comes from a quick story I made up for one of my friends on Facebook when they asked me to.
The character I described, who I'm calling Leia, for now, is the Commander of the Sylphian Military, with the Sylphians being the angels of the world I'm playing with at the moment.

As for the general art style, anything goes. I would prefer something really... Artsy? I guess?
Something that looks like it was done with Pastels, I think, is what I mean, but again, anything will work.

All artists who take my challenge will be awarded cookies.

Also, sorry if this is the wrong place to go for asking for art to be done, I admittedly didn't look that hard for a thread of the sort.

*Currently, anyway; I'll let whoever know/ask for permission if I ever use the graphic for anything.
ahhh! so remember when i went to draw this?
well yeah, i drew it then my laptop crashed. Hard
my laptop is finally back up but nothing is on it.
i have to reinstall everything. the only things i have are things i backed up on my usb stick.
so yeah, sorry about that.
I could draw it again for you if you would like.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1816 on: February 13, 2014, 12:15:39 am »

Spoiler: Large Map (click to show/hide)

Could have turned out better.

Better in which sense? A more detailed, satellite-like map for a fantasy land doesn't automatically make it better, specially when such fantasy land doesn't have access to satellites.

That being said, if your map is clear and guides the fantasy inhabitants through the different lands to where they want to be, then your map is good enough.
Sorry if that sounds a bit preachy, but I just recently read this, and my mind was rightfully blown.
Artistically. Consider the dunes: they don't really look too much like dunes. The mermaid sitting in the bay on the west side looks like she's holding pompoms; the 'swampy' portion on the north-west corner doesn't look much like a swamp; some of the mountains would have benefited from a bit more time spent shading them. Things like that.

I do, from an writing point of view, agree with the article you linked though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: February 13, 2014, 06:45:39 am »

Hey guys, just popping in here to see if I could request something from all you artsy folks.
This isn't anything I plan on using for anything*, and is more or less just something I really want to see.

Anywho, I've been throwing the idea of a powerful female protagonist for a story I want to write but probably never will.

Her features should be something like this:
Long, white hair. Perhaps with portions of it stained with blood.
White/Silvery eyes.
Average height for a normal human female.
She needs to be an angel, so wings. (And they gotta be glorious.)
Somewhat muscular, whatever would be appropriate for a soldier of sorts.
Face should be a little bit round. Not fat-type round though, more of just a roundish jaw.
She should have an expression composed of sadness mixed with emotional deadness.

I want her to be clad in some pretty majestic, high-fantasy, white, angelic type armor. Nothing like gold trim, though. Also, nothing TOO ridiculously huge. Perhaps covered in some blood as well.
She should have two large, curved swords, either in her hands, on her back, or on her sides. Bloody, of course.

Basically, the character I'm describing comes from a quick story I made up for one of my friends on Facebook when they asked me to.
The character I described, who I'm calling Leia, for now, is the Commander of the Sylphian Military, with the Sylphians being the angels of the world I'm playing with at the moment.

As for the general art style, anything goes. I would prefer something really... Artsy? I guess?
Something that looks like it was done with Pastels, I think, is what I mean, but again, anything will work.

All artists who take my challenge will be awarded cookies.

Also, sorry if this is the wrong place to go for asking for art to be done, I admittedly didn't look that hard for a thread of the sort.

*Currently, anyway; I'll let whoever know/ask for permission if I ever use the graphic for anything.
ahhh! so remember when i went to draw this?
well yeah, i drew it then my laptop crashed. Hard
my laptop is finally back up but nothing is on it.
i have to reinstall everything. the only things i have are things i backed up on my usb stick.
so yeah, sorry about that.
I could draw it again for you if you would like.
Don't worry about it, one or two other people who I blatantly forgot to thank for some reason already did beyond satisfactory stuff.
So I guess it's up to you, if you're bored and need something to do, go ahead, but if you have stuff you'd rather do more, do that stuff, :P
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: February 13, 2014, 08:17:13 am »

Somewhat random half-undead magical girl-thing. (not really a magical girl, but...)

Big thanks to a friend who helped me with some of the details (face and hair, though I've still drawn it all myself, he just pointed out what I should fix).

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: February 13, 2014, 09:11:11 pm »

DXZ, you could benefit from some formal practice. I recommend Andrew Loomis' books (as always), and some life studies. Even very simplified styles like that image could be vastly improved by a few months' worth of lighting, form, and composition knowledge/training.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: February 13, 2014, 09:24:27 pm »

so i decided to sketch Kamina from Gurren Lagann from memory
(i used a reference for the colours though)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 09:26:58 pm by Ameablable »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: February 14, 2014, 04:53:58 pm »

Seems legit. Got bored one day and made a necklace.

Spoiler: Behold. (click to show/hide)
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: February 14, 2014, 05:56:09 pm »

That's a dang fine shark necklace you got there--wait a minute.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: February 14, 2014, 07:03:36 pm »

so i decided to sketch Kamina from Gurren Lagann from memory
(i used a reference for the colours though)

Mouth seems kinda crooked.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1824 on: February 14, 2014, 08:23:09 pm »

^^ It works imho.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: February 14, 2014, 09:07:37 pm »

Well I got really bored and lo, Hector was born (then subsequently distinguished himself in the workplace).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If he doesn't look like a gorilla, that just means his disguise is working. As well as me being too lazy to figure out how to make him more gorilla-y.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: February 15, 2014, 10:22:26 pm »

Been working with DawnBringer's 16-color palette too much recently with DawnLike and DawnFortress...I needed to take a break and try something with an original palette so I decided to make a little 6-color interpretation of Pointy. :)

Man, this thing is just begging for some sort of caption. :B

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: February 16, 2014, 02:34:40 pm »

Spoiler: spitpaint (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ref/inspiration (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: February 16, 2014, 03:01:18 pm »

Man, this thing is just begging for some sort of caption. :B
EEEEEEEYYYY

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1829 on: February 16, 2014, 03:24:15 pm »

more like "NO YOU ARE THE CULPRIT"

Excellent rendition of little pointy yellow guy, the only thing that gets me is that his thumb seems bent at a rather unpleasant angle. :I

Spoiler: spitpaint (click to show/hide)
2stornk

them clouds

that everything

oh man

Perhaps i should get away from using a round brush for everything ever. :U
Until that happens though, here's a speedy and lopsided mug that i made with my smaller Wacom tablet.

I am in the extreme first world problem of having two tablets to work with, and obviously i'm most used to the big one. This means i'm comparatively bad at using the smaller one. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 845