Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282961 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #1935 on: March 06, 2014, 07:17:15 pm »

Finally got to play Dark souls (talk about being late to the party).

Took me way to long to realize I was supposed to run from the asylum demon

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Start with the black firebombs and you can kill the asylum demon at first meeting with the most absolute of ease.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1936 on: March 06, 2014, 08:59:26 pm »

That's a dapper dragon there, I'd drink cuppas of tea with that gent.

Did another thing, guess what, woweezowee, more anime, how original!

I'd work on it further but it's 1:12 in the morning atm and I should probably try to get at least 5 hours of sleep on a school night. Reached a good stopping point at least.

Spoiler: My thoughts on it (click to show/hide)
I too like the sketchy style, although i think most people know that by now. :U
It is a nice sketch though, the only thing that catches my eye is that her neck seems a bit long.

also today i finally managed to get off my arse and paintdrawdoodle that double-pipe seaman that a friend request-commissioned from me
He looks strikingly similar to Haddock, but that's probably because Haddock is a very stereotypical gruff seaman. :P
At the same time, i also researched skin colour, and finally came up with a set that wasn't super dull to look at. Thank you, Android Arts!
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1937 on: March 07, 2014, 01:14:01 am »

Spoiler: Finished? (click to show/hide)

Jopax's advice on the background really helped. Not too happy with the end of the cloak, or the clouds, but I want to stop and work on something else.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 07, 2014, 06:48:17 am »

Say, do Minecraft skins count for this thread? I've made like four, with some recolors thrown in, that I may upload after school.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1939 on: March 07, 2014, 10:40:36 am »

Say, do Minecraft skins count for this thread? I've made like four, with some recolors thrown in, that I may upload after school.
Sure. Anything you like qualifies for this thread!

Also, if Science were a fantasy author...

Spoiler:  The Trigonal Planar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  The Eightfold Way (click to show/hide)

Prompted by joking around with my sister about some of these terms. No great artistic value, but fun.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 07, 2014, 03:36:40 pm »

...paintdrawdoodle that double-pipe seaman that a friend request-commissioned from me
He looks...

Freakin' awesome, thats how he looks. I approve.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 07, 2014, 04:40:53 pm »

Alright, here goes...
I've made four so far, five if you count the template. I'll do these in the order they were made. Be warned, I'm no artist.
Spoiler: Skin 1: Lizard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skin 2: Template (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skin 3: Automoton (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skin 4: Dorf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skin 5: Rotting Wyvern (click to show/hide)
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 07, 2014, 11:43:34 pm »

I've had an idea called Rust Belt Rumble, set in the "rust belt" (obviously) after an unspecified apocalypse. I've been writing various informational texts for it, concentrating on those cities of Michigan I actually know things about (names in parentheses are corrupted forms in Rural Hick Pidgin):

Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids is the last beacon of civilization in west Michigan, depending on one's definition of civilization. The Hipster Republic nominally presides, but now it is largely a puppet of the Scamway Corporation, which is interesting because it exemplifies what led to the downfall of capitalism: corporations able to make obscene amounts of money from doing absolutely nothing productive. The Hipster Republic professes to be tolerant and progressive, albeit "ironically", but its actual policies, under the influence of the DuRess and Van Skandel families, are right-wing conservative on par with those of the New Michigan Dominion. A group of rebels known as Ford's Patriots, after the US President who came from the city, wants to restore a centrist true republic. Finally, the Diversity League is a coalition of black and Hispanic groups from the grungier parts of the city, fed up with the blinding snow-whiteness of every other local faction.

Lansing (Lassey)
Lansing was capital of the old state of Michigan. Now it is the crumbling heart of the city-state which claims to be the true government of the entire former state, the New Michigan Dominion. The Dominion is a right-wing conservative dream, in keeping with the views of its founders, and a nightmare for anyone who isn't white, male, straight, and rich. On the borders of Dominion territory, the place once known as "East Lansing" is now the hotbed of dissent, through a patriot group based on college sports calling itself the Spartan Legion. Technologically, Lansing is very backwards and relies on scavenging to provide the equipment to maintain its buildings and economy.

Ann Arbor (Narber)
The apocalypse proved to the denizens of Ann Arbor just how unstable the college-town system truly is. The city is now divided by the Thompson Street Wall due to the Great Town-Gown Truce of 2025. Within the wall the Most Serene and Holy University of Michigan attempts to rule with dictatorial authority over several thousand "students" (i.e. subjects), though the students have put up strong resistance through groups like the Students for a Democratic Society (better known as the Pot-Smoking College Hippies) and the Students for Demonocratic Satanism, hell-bent (no pun intended) on summoning their dark lord to oust God-Empress Coleman from her throne. Outside, the People's Republic of Ann Arbor is a similarly authoritarian communist state, which has socialized farms throughout the countryside around the city.

Detroit (Troy)
Detroit is, in fact, the least damaged of all cities by the apocalypse, because it couldn't really have gotten any worse. Like Lansing, it is ruled by a fascist dictatorship left over from the pre-apocalypse government, centered around a Big Brother-like figure called the Emergency Manager. They have nationalized most of the city's famous factories, using them to produce weapons to outfit their Nazi-esque army, intent on invading Canada to the east for the Lebensraum. Below 8 Mile Road, the Emergency Manager's forces must deal with constant resistance from the 8 Mile N***az, a coalition of former-enemy street gangs who want independence. In the affluent white suburbs, the Hockey Resistance Army also violently opposes the Emergency Manager, due to his seizure of their five-bedroom houses and artificial-lakefront condos to quarter troops and plant more crops in the lots. Those factories which resisted nationalization generally believe in a cult known as the "Church of Ford", inspired by Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, which believes in enlightenment through the application of assembly lines for every conceivable problem.

Presumably these will mostly be funny to Michigan folks, though the analyses of poor urban areas and college towns are probably universal.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 08, 2014, 05:11:53 pm »

A bunch of random sketches made with a black/blue pen on the margins of various sketchbooks while being bored at school, all mostly tying into a game concept that I've been brainstorming about lately.

A concept that I've been thinking about is, in short, a 2D sidescrolling team-based, multiplayer Nuclear Throne-type game - you run around in two teams of X players (probably around 3-4, and the maps would be relatively small) in a nuclear wasteland, killing each other with guns and stuff.

In more detail, you have 3 main "mutants"/classes (unmutated humans, frogs and birds), 3 weapon types (ranged, melee, explosive), each having 3 weapons in them (submachine gun, sniper rifle and shotgun; knife, sledgehammer and spear; grenade, cherry bombs and mines) that you can freely mix and match.

Each of the classes and weapons would be unique and distinct from each other (humans are all-arounders, with a double jump; frogs are slow, tanky and have a single, high jump; birds are fast but fragile and can fly) and would have their own stregnths and weaknesses (grenades do decent damage and explode on impact, cherry bombs do a lot of small damage chunks but don't explode on impact (rather after a set duration) and mines are powerful but have to be manually detonated/stepped over by enemies and have a small arming time so you can't "facemine" people). You can only change those before the game starts though, so you have to be wise about it. You could also pick an utility item, such as a portable teleporter or a health pack or a sentry gun, but not sure if that'd be necessary.

Apart from the equipment, you can also choose upgrades for the weapons that will be available for you in the shop in the game (you can select 3 out of X possible upgrades, so you have to choose wisely - upgrades would range from an extended magazine to extra fire rate to explosive bullets, and each weapon would have its own set of upgrades that you could unlock in the campaign mode/through online play) and you can also choose mutations (which are upgrades that affect your character and their effect is far bigger than the weapon upgrades) that you will be able to choose when you gain a level in-game when you kill enough enemies (there could be some neutral/team AI-controlled mutants/monsters). For instance, you could gain a mutation that lets you dash sideways to avoid damage, or gain health back from attacking enemies (lifesteal).

There would be some bog-standard gamemodes like TDM or CTF but also something akin to a MOBA gamemode, where you have to destroy the enemy base while protecting your own, with turrets and all that.

I had plenty of sketches for the characters and weapons in my notebooks (boring lessons are boring, plus I need to practice my art), and eventually I hope to make this game one day. Until then...

Apparently what I draw on a tiny area with a simple pen and paper in a less-than-perfect environment is better than what I can draw on a 100€ tablet with a decent drawing software...FML.

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: March 08, 2014, 05:51:57 pm »

Apparently what I draw on a tiny area with a simple pen and paper in a less-than-perfect environment is better than what I can draw on a 100€ tablet with a decent drawing software...FML.
If you're having trouble transitioning from paper to a tablet, try placing a sheet of paper over your tablet to help replicate the feeling of being on paper.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #1945 on: March 08, 2014, 09:10:09 pm »

Once you get over being able to draw in a different area than you're looking, it becomes second nature to use a tablet. It just takes a while to get used to it.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: March 09, 2014, 12:38:00 am »

Hey, at least you can draw well with the pen and paper.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: March 09, 2014, 06:27:20 am »

Hey, at least you can draw well with the pen and paper something.
FTFY

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 09, 2014, 06:48:30 am »

Here's a digital version of a frog man for comparison's sake.

Largely unpolished, yah, but I don't need none of that. (I had a piece of paper on my tablet when making that one, and it did help a little)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: March 09, 2014, 12:10:34 pm »

Sorry for the double post in advance.

Anyway, I tried to give my pixel-art skills a go and tried to make some sort of map layout sketch in relation to my previous sketches here, which started off pretty fine but later on just turned into a massive fragmenting and blurring spree. :P

I used a self-made grid when making that, and I'm satisfied with the results, mostly.

It could use more detial, and I see I made many mistakes (the exterior part looks atrocious, I know), but I'm too lazy to go and fix them.
Also a 200% version.

At worst I could turn this into a Gang Garrison 2 map or something...
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 845