Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282434 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #2625 on: July 21, 2014, 09:52:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is the 21st human chromosome! The black areas differ between human to human, but the pink, blue, and white areas are common. The green area actually is no data at all, because the human chromosome is rarely as long as 2n. Each pixel is 50 chromosomes. The pinker the pixel, the more Adenine or Thymine the 50 chromosomes have. The bluer, the more Guanine or Cytosine the 50 chromosomes have. The data is arranged in a Hilbert curve, which helps pixels that are nearby each other also be closer, compared to just putting pixels in a line.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: July 21, 2014, 11:03:35 am »

This is the 21st human chromosome! The black areas differ between human to human, but the pink, blue, and white areas are common. The green area actually is no data at all, because the human chromosome is rarely as long as 2n. Each pixel is 50 chromosomes. The pinker the pixel, the more Adenine or Thymine the 50 chromosomes have. The bluer, the more Guanine or Cytosine the 50 chromosomes have. The data is arranged in a Hilbert curve, which helps pixels that are nearby each other also be closer, compared to just putting pixels in a line.
A very high order fractal, so cool :)

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: July 21, 2014, 11:17:28 am »

I don't understand much about what that is, but it sure looks cool.

Also, I'm back! There was quite a lot that kinda sat of my motivation to art (namely laziness), but I finally managed to finish something.
Some of you may remember from quite a while ago that I posted a request someone made for an angel type character. I really liked the idea, and now Valkyries occupy a major spot in the history/lore of my world building project.

A fair bit of this one is based on the original, but obviously a few things changed.
edit: Now I've gotten a few comments on imgur saying that where I put the swords make it pretty much impossible to actually draw them, so that'll be fixed soon enough.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:43:43 pm by coolio678 »
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2628 on: July 21, 2014, 01:00:01 pm »

That is really nice. Except the swords, but you said you'd get to them.

And yay realistic (mostly) armour!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: July 21, 2014, 05:47:33 pm »

Okay, after a fair bit of work I managed to fix the initial problem with the swords, but now they look wrong in a different way. Maybe I'll get it right eventually.

Also, the gladii had a fair bit of work on them, only to be turned sideways and stuck in scabbards, so here's what one looks like.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:52:19 pm by coolio678 »
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: July 21, 2014, 05:52:28 pm »

Drawing and sheathing swords would be very awkward with scabbard placement like that, flush down the back of her legs. Something like this is typical for belt-fastened scabbards:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:56:00 pm by Reverie »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2631 on: July 21, 2014, 06:03:13 pm »

They look like they're at her hips though. Her hands are just in front of them.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: July 21, 2014, 07:03:14 pm »

They look like they're at her hips though. Her hands are just in front of them.
Yep, my old enemy perspective. I tried quite a few incarnations of making the swords looked tipped forward, but the hands were always in the way. It would take quite some time, but I could try and move the hands around.

edit: looking at the photo again, It didn't really hit me the first time how the scabbard is hung onto the belt by some straps. That might make things easier.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2633 on: July 21, 2014, 07:20:24 pm »

No I mean it looks fine.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: July 21, 2014, 09:57:27 pm »

No I mean it looks fine.
At this point I still feel like they're a bit off, but not enough to really warrant changing them again. Part laziness and part "I've worked on this enough I need to do something else".

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: July 22, 2014, 09:36:41 am »

New wallpaper time!

...Yeah, it has the same colored background as the forum's.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: July 22, 2014, 09:34:45 pm »

I've been working on a rougelike platformer mech game, and have some of the basics done:

There's not much to it beyond being able to run around, jumpjet(unlimited right now) and shoot, while enemies spawn and shoot at you as they fly around.

Also, pretty much everything is placeholder art at this point.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: July 22, 2014, 09:58:08 pm »

Spoiler: It's a TRAP (click to show/hide)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2638 on: July 22, 2014, 10:02:29 pm »

OUR CROOZERS CANT REPEL FIREPOWER OF THAT MAGNITUDE

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: July 22, 2014, 10:51:20 pm »

OUR CROOZERS TASTEBUDS CANT REPEL FIREPOWER FLAVOR OF THAT MAGNITUDE
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 845