Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282769 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #2775 on: August 09, 2014, 07:20:01 pm »

Wait, that's the first time? I should stop watching, start speaking.

The one you posted a while back? Liked the person.

Hated the background.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2776 on: August 09, 2014, 07:33:08 pm »

backgrounds are EVIL THINGS that need hatred to flourish though

When i get around to not being tired and lazy (and my ego has been pumped high enough), i'll probably give it a more thorough look and offer advice, if i can. :v (because boy let me tell you it's actually very hard to work at such a small scale)

Raptorfangamer, them's some neat sketchbookthings! You have that cel shading business pretty well pegged, and also YOU DREW FUCKING ODIN how can i possibly not adore that i mean wow

Oh yeah also, Shinotsa suggested that i draw a bardlizard/lizardbard, and well, who am i to not be strongly tempted by such an idea?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not finished, obviously, although already now i am reasonably pleased with the pose, which doesn't seem TOO rigid. And by that, i mean i have drawn rigid-er before. It has also been mentioned that this guy looks like an argonian, although that's not an intentional resemblance. :v
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 07:35:12 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: August 09, 2014, 08:23:26 pm »

Incoming megapost of this compliments/criticism from this page and the last.

i think it was artifact dwarf made thats why it looks like rorschach pieced it together :P to form dwarfen rorschach test to others :D

heres a fighter craft i just cant color it at all :(
You have a strange and cool style. How is it made?

-migrated-
Might want to put a bit of AA on that text.
also i dont get what sugoi is

I made a digital version of that drawing of an eyeball monster I did a while back. It's not great, but I thought it was kinda interesting, and I'm still trying to get better at drawing, so I might as well post whatever doodles I make.
The tentacles are definitely meh, I couldn't really get them right.
Cool stuff. You're right about the tentacles, they're a bit strange.

I drew this for a thread on the Cataclysm dda forums:

I love your style! That character is really cool.
One problem I can see is the gun doesn't appear to go in the same direction as its holster.
Also, I feel the arms are too short, but that might be perspective.

-kobold stole this-
I like it, he's pretty cute!
His right arm seems to vanish. (unless it's holding the pan from underneat?) I think his torso is a bit tall, too. Looks like an extra inch of tallness from his waist.

-snap-
I like your style. You've got a cool digital watercolour thing going on. The weapon is cool. The character is a little stiff.

To be fair to terror seal though, he's not evil, he's just ugly. :P (also disclaimer: i have NO idea how to draw seals)
He looks alright to me(aside from the whole creepy stare thing, of course). His flippers don't seem to be very proportionate, though.

-sliced-

He's supposed to be on a tall ridge with some dull weather behind him, and I didn't feel like texturing the dirt so I just put some red squares there in a pattern to break up the color, but in hindsight it looks an awful lot like he's standing on a giant sausage pizza.
Pretty cool. You should've probably gone with a less saturated blue and put in some more cloud cover. I though that was the ocean.
As for simply texturing dirt, one of the ways I've found has been to get two darker shades of the surrounding dirt and simply placing dots of those shades around.
Like so:

-cut-
Good stuff! I really enjoy seeing monstrous, alien creatures. You've certainly improved over the years.

Oh yeah also, Shinotsa suggested that i draw a bardlizard/lizardbard, and well, who am i to not be strongly tempted by such an idea?

I like him! He reminds me of Deekin from Neverwinter.
His right arm looks awkward, especially in the shoulder. Perhaps he should relax a little.

Aaaand finally, I'm going to drop this tutorial megalist I found that I've reference a few times for anatomy. Have fun!
Tutorial Megalist!!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2778 on: August 09, 2014, 08:37:30 pm »

Silly Jackbread you don't need to snip things in spoilers! That's what they're there for! :3 (That is how it works, right..?)

Pretty cool. You should've probably gone with a less saturated blue and put in some more cloud cover. I though that was the ocean.
As for simply texturing dirt, one of the ways I've found has been to get two darker shades of the surrounding dirt and simply placing dots of those shades around.
Like so:
Ohh, I see. How it's done in some of the examples I've seen is you just get multiple varying shades of brown and just do that shit by hand. I didn't feel like doin' et dat way. :v

I'm having a really really hard time making ramps for my colors, and my shading suffers as a result. Is there an easy rule to follow when you just want to take a color and change it's shade by perfect increments? I've been playing with the HSB values but it's a bit hard to do without making the color 'dirtier' or into almost a completely different color.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: August 09, 2014, 08:53:52 pm »

Silly Jackbread you don't need to snip things in spoilers! That's what they're there for! :3 (That is how it works, right..?)

Ohh, I see. How it's done in some of the examples I've seen is you just get multiple varying shades of brown and just do that shit by hand. I didn't feel like doin' et dat way. :v

I'm having a really really hard time making ramps for my colors, and my shading suffers as a result. Is there an easy rule to follow when you just want to take a color and change it's shade by perfect increments? I've been playing with the HSB values but it's a bit hard to do without making the color 'dirtier' or into almost a completely different color.

IIRC, images within spoilers still load, but they just don't display until you open the spoiler.

What I do for shading is just make the colour darker, desaturate it a bit. Maybe make it more blue/green. I find HSL is the easiest way for me to do this.
I usually lower/raise the lightness a bit and poke the saturation until it seems to fit. Messing with the hue can also help.
I'm not a very good teacher and my colours tend to be pretty dumb and unnecessary, so it might be best for you to find a tutorial. Like this one.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2780 on: August 09, 2014, 09:35:31 pm »

IIRC, images within spoilers still load, but they just don't display until you open the spoiler.

What I do for shading is just make the colour darker, desaturate it a bit. Maybe make it more blue/green. I find HSL is the easiest way for me to do this.
I usually lower/raise the lightness a bit and poke the saturation until it seems to fit. Messing with the hue can also help.
I'm not a very good teacher and my colours tend to be pretty dumb and unnecessary, so it might be best for you to find a tutorial. Like this one.
Are too! Your videos have been pretty helpful to me before. :3

And hey I know this forum. Thanks for the link! I try to read as much as I can.

nightcrafter27

• Bay Watcher
  • Extrapolator Extrodinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: August 09, 2014, 11:43:12 pm »

I did a real life.

Behind the scenes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: August 09, 2014, 11:43:57 pm »

Shiny! :3

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: August 10, 2014, 12:43:42 am »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: August 10, 2014, 12:47:52 am »

Ooh man, that's really cool. How long did that take?

I'm reworking my tileset because I stopped being a fan of the colours and started working on a smaller tileset. It uses the same irregular walls, this time 16x24.
I just discovered that trying to hand-place irregular tiles is terribly tedious and hard on the hands. My pinky finger is tired and this is what I've got in a test dungeon:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:04:27 am by Jack_Bread »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: August 10, 2014, 08:51:05 am »

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: August 10, 2014, 10:34:17 am »

-snap-
I like your style. You've got a cool digital watercolour thing going on. The weapon is cool. The character is a little stiff.

To be fair the character was mostly added as an afterthought more than anything else, the weapon was the #1 focus in that picture. (hence why there's also one sketch of said character)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: August 10, 2014, 10:35:07 am »

That's a cool looking guitar right there.

Anyways, speedpaintingfuntimes!!

This one was themed Future Sniper, took about an hour or so:

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2788 on: August 10, 2014, 10:52:45 am »

That's a really cool idea.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2789 on: August 10, 2014, 11:05:54 am »

That looks like something I would have fun using. I like it.

Does it come with it's own skeet/clay pigeon shooter?
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 845