Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1279200 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #3720 on: December 17, 2014, 03:38:50 am »

Spoiler: real big (click to show/hide)

For reference.

It took me a while to understand what was actually going on in there.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: December 17, 2014, 09:04:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I drew a spaceship.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3722 on: December 17, 2014, 09:42:01 pm »

Is this just with pencil? Also, did you use cross-hatching on the planet's surface? I'm trying to get better at drawing by hand.

I think it looks pretty great, just that he might be a bit high up for smoke to appear that way.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:44:29 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: December 17, 2014, 11:17:21 pm »

It is indeed just with pencil, and I did use crosshatching on the planet, although I blended it quite a bit with finger-smudging, too.

I considered the fact that smoke doesn't actually billow in space, but then I thought, "Well I don't want to redraw this just because of something tiny like scientific accuracy (pssh!), so oh well."
On the other hand, depth perception is kind of weird looking at planets from space, and
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)
is what the earth looks like from the ISS, which is only about 4 times higher than the edge of space. The atmosphere on the planet in my picture seems to be significantly thicker than Earth's is, so it's possible that the craft has already re-entered.
A rather sketchy pixel-measurement in paint.net, along with some quick calculations, shows that this planet seems to have a atmosphere:planet ratio about 8-10 times that of earth; if this is the case, I think that the ship would probably be somewhere in the upper atmosphere. However, that could be off by quite a bit, especially considering I didn't draw the curve of the planet perfectly circular.

Either way, thanks for the feedback, and I hope that getting better at drawing goes well for you!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3724 on: December 17, 2014, 11:35:48 pm »

It is indeed just with pencil, and I did use crosshatching on the planet, although I blended it quite a bit with finger-smudging, too.

I considered the fact that smoke doesn't actually billow in space, but then I thought, "Well I don't want to redraw this just because of something tiny like scientific accuracy (pssh!), so oh well."

Either way, thanks for the feedback, and I hope that getting better at drawing goes well for you!
I'm teaching myself cross-hatching, its working out not unwell. c: How does smudging work exactly?

Yeah I would've done the same thing. :3 It's no big deal, call it a surrealist piece!

No problem, and yeah hopefully this'll help me improve my pixel technique. I do lots of doodling mostly, but I drew my hand the other day and it turned out super well.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: December 18, 2014, 06:36:00 am »

Currently working on my Minecraft cathedral's fence. God, even projects that are only large-ish, on superflat and in creative mode take foreeeeever when you have to place each block individually. It gets even worse because I'm the kind of person who'll do a massive wall, and then tear it down because I think it will look better in wood... Only to change my mind and do it all over again.
Also, I tend to really dislike something unless it is either perfectly symmetrical, or mirrored/inverted in a meaningful way while still having a symmetrical shape (e.g. blue is opposite red, water is opposite lava, so on.)

I'd like to note that this is nowhere near done, and everything is subject to change... For better or worse.

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: December 18, 2014, 11:22:43 am »

In terms of massive walls, I'd keep the iron/quartz look you have going if I were you. Looks good. If you do want to replace all of one type, though, why not use MCedit?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: December 18, 2014, 06:27:30 pm »

I drew a spaceship.
I like how the pilot looks like he's leaning way back in his seat, probably yelling expletives.

edit: I finally completed something. However, exporting it did seem to cause some issues with the shading around the sides of the face. That can be worked on, as well as maybe a few other things that still feel a bit off to me right now.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 07:14:33 pm by coolio678 »
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: December 18, 2014, 10:51:35 pm »

In terms of massive walls, I'd keep the iron/quartz look you have going if I were you. Looks good. If you do want to replace all of one type, though, why not use MCedit?

I think I had it at one point but I didn't know how to use it properly. That was quite a while ago, though, and I've since changed computers.
I guess I'll look into it some point.

@Coolio
For some reason that picture is really scary. >_>
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:38:57 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: December 18, 2014, 11:19:39 pm »

edit: I finally completed something. However, exporting it did seem to cause some issues with the shading around the sides of the face. That can be worked on, as well as maybe a few other things that still feel a bit off to me right now.
Amazing vector! Could possibly use a light tone on the skin, etc. since the hair has one, but then again that might clutter things up.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: December 18, 2014, 11:38:21 pm »

Here's a few other different locations in the same cathedral. I couldn't get very many good shot positions, but it should let you get a feel for what the finished thing will hopefully be like.
Maybe for the next ones I take I'll try maxing out the FOV.

The circle is complete.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: December 19, 2014, 12:54:23 am »

Now that I'm home for the holidays I have access to all my old pencil sketches I've made over the years. Photo quality is "eh" because all I have is a cell phone cam and lousy lighting and on some drawings my lines and values could stand to be darkened and some sketches are incomplete or messy but whatever here you go guys.

All these were probably done in the last 2 or 3 years. Subject varies from doodling and original concepts art to fanart to sci-fi or surreal stuff to anime to, ugh, ponies. Viewer discretion is advised. 38 photos total. I probably have more worth sharing but this is the stuff I found quickly.

sketch dump v1

post-post edit: Ugh the photo quality is such complete shite. I swear the photos looked good when viewed on my phone. This all looks way better in person, trust me.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3732 on: December 19, 2014, 01:17:03 am »

250 pages of arbitrary creativity!

Coolio, that face terrifies me.
UXZL, I know for a fact there are mods out there that allow you to place flat sheets of blocks, etc. Might that not be helpful?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: December 19, 2014, 03:04:50 am »

Coolio's reminds me of Día de Muertos.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: December 19, 2014, 03:40:54 am »

Yeah, I'll get them when I have the chance.

Does anyone here know if there are mods that let you clone areas? As in, basically copy + paste them.
If there's something like that, it will make creating complex symmetrically (and things like long, straight fences) so much easier.
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 845