Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282467 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #5580 on: September 12, 2015, 08:18:29 pm »

man that dude is praising the sun SO HARD that the sun is coming up to him all like "thanks bro"

Good job on the sun/star, that seems like a very hard effect to produce. c:

EDIT:
Bendy shib! I quite like the design of this bad boy, although it has several cases of mismatching lines/perspective, most notably on the front wings. I do recall you preferring to skip straight to the actual drawing, but i can still warmly recommend having a few guiding lines on the paper to direct the wrath of your pencil. As it stands, it's a really cool design, but the directions are a bit all over the place. :I

also Jopax you said the cat needs more !!BATSHIT INSANE!! smile, yes?

well here's a second cat

Cats are very scary when you're a mouse. :v (also tried out that line weight deal and it worked pretty well me thinks)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: September 13, 2015, 04:00:29 pm »

That's more like it, but you can always go crazier, certainly. Heck, I'd twist it up to eleven but I'm too lazy atm so it'll have to wait X)

Also about the rifle, yeah, it might seem like it because of the somewhat crappy shading but the linework itself was as straight as I've ever done it :D

Also also @Itnetlolor, I really really like your approach to these things where you think it all out and put it together so it makes sense in-universe and logically. I personally work like that whenever doing proper machinery and it's both fun and greatly pleasing to do :D
Only suggestion for the ship I have tho is to perhaps streamline (I guess, can't think of a better term atm) the design itself. By this I mean the mod port things, the entire ship is smooth and flowy lines, agressive and sleek. And then you have the mod ports which are just kinda blocks tacked on or cut into the hull, they pop out at you, and not in a good way. My suggestion would be to perhaps try a more circular design on those so they fit with the aesthetic of the ship more.

Also also also, today was cheerful:
Spoiler:  Except not really (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5582 on: September 13, 2015, 05:59:33 pm »

good lord man that's terrifying

I'd be more worried if i hadn't ever seen similar things before from you, but i'm still going to ask: You doin' okay there bud? It is often said that art is a reflection of the artists inner workings (or something poetic like that, hell if i know the specifics), so... Yeah.

Also yeah, i s'pose the smile could be worse. This is more of a malicious "i will eat your spine" smile than a batshit crazy "EVERYTHINGBURNSEVERYTHINGDIESAHAHAHAHAHAH" smile. As much as i hate to admit it, violently exaggerating facial expressions is actually quite difficult for me, since it often requires going "outside" the lines. :v

but okay i'm gonna give it a third shot but with a stickman this time so nothing to fear, right?

Spoiler: bad dreams warning (click to show/hide)

uhm

edit: also bonus pirate cat on a top hat because we need more cute things

Spoiler: PURRRRRRRRRRR (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 06:47:46 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5583 on: September 13, 2015, 07:48:04 pm »

Yeah. When I was drawing, I was kinda doing that with very limited lighting (took up a challenge with my night vision; turned out better than I thought for how dark it was when I worked on it), and the motions of the car I was in, not to mention, working with the sketch pad on my lap, and working with weight shifts as well. Doesn't help that I did use guidelines (which I almost never do) to ensure consistency.

As for the design overall, they're a binary structure mod. Parts mounted on the outside, custom interface/interaction on the inside (or another mod that augments from the inside, like advanced tracker units/CPUs for the turrets, or manual control pods if you can;t trust your AI); plus, the mod ports are also open in this picture (mainly if there are single-piece plug-n-play units (in which case, you can also double-mod, with an interior and exterior mod sharing the same slot). Sure, the plugs are ugly as sin, but think of the possibilities; plus, if you want clean sleek lines and the like, or aerodynamic mods, I can always design aesthetic kit sets to make your midnight racer look all fancy and the like (I have considered racer models for this craft as well)).

When I design, I design for fun. So what if it has a few design flaws that may clash with the aesthetic appeal? In my reality, where these things are concerned, people pay as much attention to those as a gas cap. Unless the door is missing (which they are open/missing) would they be an eye sore, but when closed it actually looks sleek. Plus, I mentioned that the flares and a few turrets use up a couple of them, hiding the outlets anyway. Modular/moddable things aren't necessarily the prettiest things/features, but they do make designs more fun to tinker with, depending on the purpose. If you want some designs ugly as sin, you ought to check out my WFAO (Weapon For All Occasions) line of weapons, which at times, tend to resemble a MacGuyver-equivalent (with similar budget applied) of the ZF-1 from The Fifth Element. But yeah, I design mostly for myself when make these things.

Given the critiques, I got an interesting idea I don't mind applying at times. Intentionally make jarring/bad design choices for certain things, and use them as a weapon of mass distraction for certain cases. If it can bug my enemy/targets or whatever, it may make an opening for an attack because it just irks them that much once they notice. Longshot as it sounds, but a funny opening to make for an attack.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:58:04 pm by Itnetlolor »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: September 13, 2015, 07:48:48 pm »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: September 13, 2015, 11:06:22 pm »

Oh no, it's my gay thoughts!
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: September 13, 2015, 11:22:41 pm »

edit: also bonus pirate cat on a top hat because we need more cute things

Spoiler: PURRRRRRRRRRR (click to show/hide)
Aaaaaaaa it's so fluffy I wanna hug it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: September 13, 2015, 11:37:15 pm »

Oh no, it's my gay thoughts!
Hee~ :P
Reminds me of a drawing I've...made (well actually drafted...Scrapped? Not finished.) which pokes on the intrigue of word development.
...There's a reason there was a closet in the first place to go into. :P And there will come a time where there will be no closet (because yay inclusion [no thanks to the root of exclusion :v]).
* Tiruin has trouble drawing straight lines without the help of a straight guiding-object-thingy!

Also academic work is lightening to I'm trying to draw stuff \o/

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: September 14, 2015, 02:14:36 am »

I've been to places without homophobia before. And then I found a pony. And I rode it to the Moon and high-fived Tupac.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: September 14, 2015, 02:16:29 am »

I've been to places without homophobia before. And then I found a pony. And I rode it to the Moon and high-fived Tupac.
Err ._.
I've been there too. Minus the last 2 sentences. :P

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: September 15, 2015, 05:39:19 pm »

Oh nothing out of the ordinary Shook. Just the regular cocktail of doubts, fears and depression, nothing I'm not used to ^^
It varies from day to day, last few were kinda crappy, despite some good things happening. Anyways, here's something I'm hopefully going to see trough to the end:

Basically illustrating good music is what it is.
AS - IG

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: September 15, 2015, 11:46:09 pm »

Oh nothing out of the ordinary Shook. Just the regular cocktail of doubts, fears and depression, nothing I'm not used to ^^
It varies from day to day, last few were kinda crappy, despite some good things happening. Anyways, here's something I'm hopefully going to see trough to the end:

Basically illustrating good music is what it is.
Those HANDS. (Also the whole thing is :D ... reminds me of stories of fireflies in the local bushes, lighting up the night in the provinces or in the urban areas but not-the-center-of-the-city areas.)
I have great difficulty doing hands .-.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: September 16, 2015, 09:51:18 am »

Indeed, which is why I kinda cheated and took photos of my own hands to use as reference, you have no idea how annoying it is to get a good shot of something while the phone is lying on your chest so you can't see the screen at all. Took me some ten attempts to get something that was kinda useable, even then I had to fiddle with them to get them in the right position XD
AS - IG

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: September 17, 2015, 04:11:30 pm »

Well, this might actually be of use to someone who needs scrabble letters but can't get their hands on them. Should generate right amounts. The capitalisation means nothing, btw.
One wheel short of a wagon

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: September 17, 2015, 04:14:59 pm »

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 845