Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282683 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #5640 on: September 25, 2015, 12:13:57 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

man, i suck at pixel art. or, rather, art in general. have some alchemist from fantasy life, i guess.
meep i could've probably done better i mean i've never really done pixel art before

That looks great for a beginner. Much more fleshed out than my scrub attempts at pixel art. Yeah, sure, you "could" do better. Everyone could do better at what they do, though. There's always room for improvement.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5641 on: September 25, 2015, 06:11:13 pm »

THE ABOVE PERSON SPEAKETH THE TRUTH, it's pretty much always possible to do better with a greater time investment.

Dino nose and-slash-or puppet is real. All hail dino nose and-slash-or sockpuppet!
Man i wish i had a handpuppet like that, i'd probably get a bit too emotionally attached to it. :v

also here have a quick doodle of a slobbering doofus

AKA a perfectly normal dog. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: September 25, 2015, 10:20:38 pm »

man, i suck at pixel art. or, rather, art in general. have some alchemist from fantasy life, i guess.
meep i could've probably done better i mean i've never really done pixel art before

That looks great for a beginner. Much more fleshed out than my scrub attempts at pixel art. Yeah, sure, you "could" do better. Everyone could do better at what they do, though. There's always room for improvement.
* Tiruin applauds you, tA. Nice work. Always can do improvements, but that's everyone's goal :)
Wish I could pixel like that though .-.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5643 on: September 26, 2015, 08:01:46 am »

Yeah, there's no such thing as sucking, only room for improvement, that goes for everyone really.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5644 on: September 28, 2015, 03:16:09 pm »

ALWAYS IMPROVEMENT, ALL THE TIME

Spoiler: catology (click to show/hide)

[room for improvement intensifies]

My fault here was probably to mix a mostly realistic body with a much more cartoony face, but hey, i think it's pretty impressive to inadvertently invoke the uncanny valley with a cat. :v
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 05:46:23 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: September 28, 2015, 03:29:53 pm »

Stoppit shook, you haunt my dreams enough already.
One wheel short of a wagon

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5646 on: September 28, 2015, 05:34:54 pm »

I really like it. I definitely portrays the attitude of a cat.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5647 on: September 28, 2015, 06:21:35 pm »

Thanks! ... Except when they're rubbing up against your leg, in which case they're more in a mood for solidifying their ownership of property than they are for destroying insolent creatures. :v

Stoppit shook, you haunt my dreams enough already.

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

JOrionTel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: September 28, 2015, 10:53:12 pm »

um... hello.

Drew this last night based on the Bay12Games Tweet: "The Hamster Man sure can't hold his liquor"

Don't know how to use spoiler tags on the posts. Still rather new to this forum.

edit: Nvm, reverse engineered a post to figure it out.

I'm not sure if this board is limited to general art stuff or if there is a DF specific place to post but here it is. Glad to be here.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:00:53 pm by JOrionTel »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5649 on: September 29, 2015, 12:02:41 am »

Dude. Welcome. You will be an awesome addition to our community, especially this arting sector.
This board isn't limited to just art, and while you could also share DF related pictures in the DF general discussion board, this is probably the best place for that.

I want to give some constructive criticism, but it's tough... perhaps it's because my eyes keep drifting to the bar stool behind him, the square of shadows around it highlight it and draw attention away from the hamster man. Nice use of detail, though the whiskers could use thinner lines like you used on the bar stool and a little less transparency there. I can't think of any other flaws, so you did a really good job.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5650 on: September 29, 2015, 01:07:35 am »

um... hello.

Drew this last night based on the Bay12Games Tweet: "The Hamster Man sure can't hold his liquor"

-snip-
d'awwww
this is tres bon
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: September 29, 2015, 08:29:36 am »

um... hello.

-snip-
Welcome to B12, JO! :D
Always nice to see other artists/art watchers or other people in general here. ^ ^

If..I could add on flabort's critique, there's only one thing that pokes me there (everything else is totally OK :D); the left eye of the hamster man is smudgey, right above the nose. It's subtle and takes a tiny bit off the sharp detail of the creature.

As an aside...Shook, I've noticed a very sharp quality to the edges of your lines, making up most of your art in general.
Sneaky improvement. :3 Awesome improvement.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: September 29, 2015, 11:00:19 am »

So I did a thing.

If you peeps can photoshop, could someone please make a black on red version (instead of grey on white, as it is right now)? I'll send a ray of digital love your way, pinky-promise.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: September 29, 2015, 11:37:09 am »

So I did a thing.

If you peeps can photoshop, could someone please make a black on red version (instead of grey on white, as it is right now)? I'll send a ray of digital love your way, pinky-promise.

I gave it a try with notphotoshop. Someone else can probably do better than I did.

And on an unrelated note I finished another drawing a few days ago. I'm waiting for the thing that was drawn to be revealed in the relevant thread before I post it here to avoid spoiling the surprise to anyone who might be from there. In the meantime here's an ugly unfinished sketch of the same character as last time:
Spoiler: ugly (click to show/hide)
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: September 29, 2015, 11:53:02 am »

I gave it a try with notphotoshop. Someone else can probably do better than I did.

I can work with that. Thanks.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 845