Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282841 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6210 on: December 21, 2015, 05:32:50 am »

Much cute.

But yeah, hands.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: December 21, 2015, 09:12:56 am »

He's supposed to be short but I fucked up the proportions. ;v

It's also hard to tell how tall he's supposed to be since its only a 3/4 character portrait with no background items or anything to set a scale. Proportions are the only way, currently, and proportions seem lanky and tall. Especially the long / thin neck.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6212 on: December 21, 2015, 02:13:19 pm »

Also @Shook and @Maks

Tape.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Worth a shot. :v

Also i am glad to see you posting artings Cinder! Allow me to be a dick and offer approximately one point of criticism: One, he seems slightly wall eyed (or rather, the pupils are dead center in the eyes ala thousand yard stare), which can be fixed by shunting the pupils a bit closer to each other. You can get away with some exaggeration, but if it's TOO much, he'll be looking at his stylistically missing nose. :P
There are some minor flops with the shadows, but honestly, the more i look at it, the more i see that it's just because the light is shining him in the face from a fairly shallow angle. I usually put my light source off to one side, so maybe that's why i initially thought it looked off. HOW SILLY OF ME.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: December 21, 2015, 05:16:21 pm »

greatly reduce the damage to your tablet's sensors, extending its lifetime by a non-insignificant amount of time.

I... don't think that quite works like that. The pressure sensors for most tablets (all the ones that I'm familiar with) are in the stylus. In order to have any given stroke thickness, you would need to have a static amount of pressure on a constant surface area (the tip of the pen). It doesn't matter what material you're pressing against; it still needs to exert the same amount of force on the pen as any other material if you want to get the same result. As long as you're not constantly scraping the upper pressure limit of that the stylus was designed for, you should be fine, though.

If tablet longevity is a serious concern, I would recommend upping the sensitivity in your drawing program so that you don't have to press as hard against your tablet.

Also uh, can I have some constructive criticism for that?

It looks good. I'm kinda terrible at cartoon styles, so I doubt I can really give any advice on your drawing specifically, but the proportions and coloring look good for the style it's drawn in. I agree that learning how to draw hands is always a good idea, though.

I finally finished this thing.

Spoiler: Sylvanas Windrunner (click to show/hide)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: December 21, 2015, 05:52:00 pm »

greatly reduce the damage to your tablet's sensors, extending its lifetime by a non-insignificant amount of time.

I... don't think that quite works like that. The pressure sensors for most tablets (all the ones that I'm familiar with) are in the stylus. In order to have any given stroke thickness, you would need to have a static amount of pressure on a constant surface area (the tip of the pen). It doesn't matter what material you're pressing against; it still needs to exert the same amount of force on the pen as any other material if you want to get the same result. As long as you're not constantly scraping the upper pressure limit of that the stylus was designed for, you should be fine, though.

If tablet longevity is a serious concern, I would recommend upping the sensitivity in your drawing program so that you don't have to press as hard against your tablet.

Hm, I must've misread what I read then.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: December 21, 2015, 06:40:50 pm »

Allow me to be a dick and offer approximately one point of criticism
Offering constructive criticism ain't dicky

Anyway, yeah, the neck looks off.

The part where he's clutching his arm behind his back looks off as well - how exactly are its arms positioned there?

The gap between the hair and the drawstring to me makes it look like one drawstring is attached to its shoulderblade.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6216 on: December 21, 2015, 08:11:01 pm »

Offering constructive criticism ain't dicky
Oh i know, it's just that the message would otherwise have had a "I AM GLAD TO SEE YOU POSTING HERE SO I CAN CRITICISE YOU" kind of vibe. :v

also apparently my brain wants to draw dragons right now so here's a sea dragon that's pretending to be a duck

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

it is also high as a kite

Edit: Oh yeah by the way Araph that is looking swell as hell, very nice work! c:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:05:12 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: December 21, 2015, 08:15:33 pm »

also apparently my brain wants to draw dragons right now so here's a sea dragon that's pretending to be a duck

If it swims like a duck and walks like a duck it might be a dragon

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: December 21, 2015, 09:46:48 pm »

But is it made of wood? This is critical to determining how ducky it is, on a scale from one to duck.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: December 21, 2015, 10:16:49 pm »

But is it made of wood? This is critical to determining how ducky it is, on a scale from one to duck.
I suppose it could be a witch...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: December 21, 2015, 10:36:00 pm »

What about the goose?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: December 23, 2015, 07:53:48 am »

Tried to draw two versions of the same character but with several years age difference between them. I forgot to keep the limb proportions in mind, but aside from that, did it work out?

Something seems off to me about the face, but I'm not sure if its just I stretched it too much for the older version, or if its just the way the hair framed the face playing tricks on me. Unsure what degree of face structure changeyness is feasible at the points portrayed.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 10:54:11 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: December 23, 2015, 05:07:46 pm »

The hair looks... Off on the left one.
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: December 23, 2015, 05:11:53 pm »

They're wearing a bandanna. Came out kinda hard to make out cause of camera quality
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 845