Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1283079 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6660 on: February 09, 2016, 11:47:21 am »

Thanks! It's nice to feel appreciated :-)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: February 09, 2016, 02:27:26 pm »

I think the humans look pretty good. Except that detective, it looks like his face is being censored. But for the most part there is just enough space to suggest a face, without being so big as to make everything else look under-sized.
What do you mean by "censored"? And yeah, the heads of these sprites went through several iterations before I arrived at the current ones. They're smaller than the existing heads but big enough to accommodate small details like sunglasses.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixelization#/media/File:Pixelization_mosaic.jpg
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: February 09, 2016, 03:47:58 pm »

More FE mugs!

This one isn't finished yet - I want to give her a fancy headdress, ala

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: http://helmuttt.deviantart.com/art/Tribal-Elf-178421374
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 07:44:18 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: February 09, 2016, 05:11:19 pm »

Been doing some pixel art recently. Haven't done so for a while.
Spoiler: Boop (click to show/hide)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6664 on: February 09, 2016, 05:34:34 pm »

Honestly speaking the problem with SS13 remakes always seemed to be code-wise not art-wise.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: February 09, 2016, 06:24:11 pm »

I've gotten back into pixel art, I made this (One part of a bigger drawing) and wanted to know if everything's checking out in it, and if the lighting is better than I've been doing.

EDIT EDIT: Noticed a few inconsistent parts with the lighting, fixed em.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 06:47:42 pm by XhAPPYSLApX »

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: February 09, 2016, 06:33:00 pm »

I've gotten back into pixel art, I made this (One part of a bigger drawing) and wanted to know if everything's checking out in it, and if the lighting is better than I've been doing.

EDIT: Bigger version.

You did a very good job with the tousled hair thing! It must be devilishly hard to get right :P

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: February 09, 2016, 06:53:58 pm »

Maybe you could offer them as a texture pack for whoever wants to use different graphics?

That's the plan, at least. It seems more realistic than expecting them to throw out their models and high-res textures in favor of this.

also YELLOW DINO

Sweeeet! You should totally tweet that at @pixeljamgames and see what they think. It's some of the best Dino Run fanart I've ever seen, at least. I'm afraid I can't tell the differences in the animations, though. If there is anything different, it seems pretty marginal to me. :/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixelization#/media/File:Pixelization_mosaic.jpg

Ah, yes. But that is the intention here, no? The simpler a face looks, the easier it is to imagine several different faces on it. I could draw out a nose, eyebrows and mouth, but then it becomes more difficult to suspend your disbelief and project your own character onto the head.

Been doing some pixel art recently. Haven't done so for a while.
Spoiler: Boop (click to show/hide)

Very cool, man! I'm especially a fan of the cataclysm items. Everything's nice and sharp and you seem to ahve a good grasp on forming smaller shapes. The Simon is also pretty awesome. I would probably change his proportions a bit, though. A spooky character like Simon is well-suited to realistic proportions and the head seems a little too wide here, with the neck also being too long.

Honestly speaking the problem with SS13 remakes always seemed to be code-wise not art-wise.

Of course. But it does a lot more for morale when the game you're working on actually looks like a game instead of a blank room with a featureless person walking around. I know it sounds silly, but I've had people approach me and say they were inspired to start game development because of the graphics I made. Roggle being one such example. Really, it's way easier to get into game development when most of the art has already been done for you (even if it just ends up being placeholder art).

You've done a really good job here! The hair looks a little flat since there's so little shading, but everything else is pretty well-rendered. The shading on the face is well-done and there's a lot of character to this head. I would ditch the palette in favor of a more contrasting one, though. It would make the shading easier to make out and would add some vibrancy.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: February 09, 2016, 06:59:43 pm »

You've done a really good job here! The hair looks a little flat since there's so little shading, but everything else is pretty well-rendered. The shading on the face is well-done and there's a lot of character to this head. I would ditch the palette in favor of a more contrasting one, though. It would make the shading easier to make out and would add some vibrancy.

Thank you! And I will take the info into account, and add some more shading to the hair, and make a more striking palette.

This'll improve the overall picture once I'm done, and thanks again for the info!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: February 09, 2016, 07:01:08 pm »

Quote from: DragonDePlatino
Very cool, man! I'm especially a fan of the cataclysm items. Everything's nice and sharp and you seem to ahve a good grasp on forming smaller shapes. The Simon is also pretty awesome. I would probably change his proportions a bit, though. A spooky character like Simon is well-suited to realistic proportions and the head seems a little too wide here, with the neck also being too long.
Hey, thank you! Simon does need his proportions fixed, I'll see about doing another version. I was trying to do a more anthromorphized version to show his human personality, but I think I ended up caught between realistic and cartoony. I'll might have another go at it - I really like his character design.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: February 09, 2016, 07:45:24 pm »

I now have improved face-paint and non face paint versions.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: February 09, 2016, 07:52:55 pm »

The very top of the face painted one's head seams to be slightly darker. They just look different to me somehow, and I'm going for the smallest things :D
I can assure you they're exactly the same; the facepaint is now just a layer I overlay on the base look.
How strange. Now you've said that, it kinda seems like it to me, but they really are the same.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: February 09, 2016, 08:00:29 pm »

Optical illusions are fun.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: February 09, 2016, 08:56:18 pm »

64x64 graphics were sort of forced onto ss14, since it's a source release of something the goons worked on for over a year, but supernorn didn't want to release their art so they were left with an engine built around 64x64 but no graphics. also there's weird stuff going on with character sprites, fairly sure those are prerendered 3d models... (which, considering the historical problems with ss13 and clothing, is a sensible decision in a way)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: February 10, 2016, 04:30:05 pm »

Redid the head, I think it looks a lot better having added the extra shading to his hair, also made the colors a bit more popping :D

Bigger version.

Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 845