Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282671 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #8250 on: February 27, 2017, 08:11:40 pm »

(sca is cool)

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8251 on: February 27, 2017, 10:45:15 pm »

I did remarkably terrible on that punch/kick animation.

Here's a fighting idle that will hopefully do better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FeEkukjDiM
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

E: And imgur ate what little quality there was. Could have picked a better angle, as well. Still, it has none of the flaws that were mentioned on my punch/kick evaluation.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 10:47:54 pm by BlackFlyme »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8252 on: February 27, 2017, 10:59:56 pm »

lol, its a start! Perhaps the key here is also him shifting weight side to side. Yes, still shifting weight forward a bit--but also side to side. Almost think of it as shifting along an axis drawn between his feet.

Also, keep those legs bent. For your iconic athletic stance, you pretty much dont straighten your legs.

You mentioned punching and kicking, so think about how boxing stances look. Either your hands are up in front of your face, with your forearms shielding your neck, or your arms are pulled into your body to protect your flanks. Alternatively, you may be looking for a more general readiness stance, in which case I would say think about people use their arms to balance themselves.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8253 on: February 28, 2017, 12:37:39 am »

@Gunin: Thank you for the praise!

As for the helmet: Yep, some of the lines are sloppy. I was aware of it, but too lazy to fix it. :P which I shouldn't be, so thank you for pointing it out. Could you elaborate more on the perspective being inconsistent? I don't see it, and I've spent a fair amount of time studying helmets of that type.

As for the chainmail, unless he's wearing too much padding. ;) You're mostly correct, and I thought I'd corrected that more than I had, but bear in mind that mail comes in more than one style. This particular hauberk would have integral mittens and as such perforce displays the taper of his arms. I have seen my fair share of mail in use, don't worry.

And his coif is difficult to say. C. 1230-50, certainly not, but that would be a different style of coat so it's hard to say. Incidentally, that's a surcoat, not a tabard - tabards are open at the sides and probably wouldn't split.

The mail is a pretty nice built-in thing Krita has. You can texture a brush, and there's an alright library of textures. It does come out pretty obviously, but it's more consistent than detailing by hand.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8254 on: February 28, 2017, 08:36:50 am »

I did remarkably terrible on that punch/kick animation.

Here's a fighting idle that will hopefully do better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FeEkukjDiM

E: And imgur ate what little quality there was. Could have picked a better angle, as well. Still, it has none of the flaws that were mentioned on my punch/kick evaluation.

Even for a cartoony game it looks like he's leaning really far forward. That'd be pretty noticeable in-game, and is a big motion for a short idle loop.

He's bending entirely at the left ankle, keeping his legs straight (as far as I can tell) and without moving the spine at all. When I stand up and try to do that, I find myself moving mostly at the waist and bending the knee of my forward leg to maintain balance. To lean that far forward with my feet positioned like your character, I have to either take a step or balance on the ball of my left foot, but your character's left foot is motionless.

During the middle pose, he looks like he's leaning into a run or being pushed over, but he just pulls backwards without it being exactly clear where that motion is coming from. When I stand up and try to do it I can roll back on the ball of my foot, but your character's foot doesn't move so it looks like the ankle is powering all that movement.

As a final point, it looks like you're pulling the character's hips until the IK on the right leg is exceeded, which makes it snap into and out of place like a magnet. You should animate the foot handle so that it the foot and knee bend more naturally.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8255 on: February 28, 2017, 10:31:23 am »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8256 on: February 28, 2017, 12:28:16 pm »

The angles and size of hat don't seem to quite add up. I know the effect is that his head is tilted down, but the lack of his actual head being moved means it looks like the hat has slid down his face, which probbably isnt the effect you were going for!

I like the sleeves and hand pose, though.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8257 on: February 28, 2017, 04:50:59 pm »

Toned down the forward movement, added a bit of left/right sway, lots of secondary movement, a wider stance so Norman can actually balance, and most importantly, a better angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CJm_R00eS4

You can actually tell his left knee bends this time. Still not enough quality to see the facial movement though.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: February 28, 2017, 07:44:46 pm »

Much better! So I took an athletic stance in the mirror to maybe try and pinpoint something more specific. Two things, one, it looks more like he's going into a crouch when going forward and coming out of it when going back, and two, which I think maybe be the source of the first, I can't really see if he has his body angled at all. It looks like he's really quite square to whatever target he's facing--try making his body more diagonal to it.

Additionally, more minor than those two things, but which I think will help immensely--when you're shifting weight, your chest + abdomen don't really move all the much, in so far as pivoting around your center of mass anyways, by which I mean while it may move forward or back or even up and down if you're hopping from foot to foot, but it moves very little around your center. I.E. you don't really bend all that much. It's your legs and arms doing most of the work.

In all? A marked improvement over the original!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8259 on: February 28, 2017, 08:16:24 pm »

I'm really having trouble figuring out a style I want to do these in, the classic anime one is far too clean and lifeless for my tastes, something painterly would be ideal but I can't land on a satisfying compromise between abstracting the shit out of it all and giving it enough hard details to make it feel like a proper giant mecha.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8260 on: February 28, 2017, 11:04:02 pm »

I'm really having trouble figuring out a style I want to do these in, the classic anime one is far too clean and lifeless for my tastes, something painterly would be ideal but I can't land on a satisfying compromise between abstracting the shit out of it all and giving it enough hard details to make it feel like a proper giant mecha.
That looks really damn nice.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8261 on: March 01, 2017, 04:11:48 am »

That's pretty frisked amazing

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8262 on: March 01, 2017, 04:33:30 am »

IT'S A GUNDAM
*dies*
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8263 on: March 01, 2017, 01:49:36 pm »

Portraits, argleblarghfrpl.

This took far too long and does not look that great, especially since I half-did everything except the head.

Horizon: Zero Dawn is a really great-looking game with a neat story from what I've seen, by the way. Since I don't own a PS4 and probably won't for a good while, I've been living vicariously through PraiseTheSun's streaming.

Slow news day, apparently. Here is some very low-quality content to break the ice:

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:06:50 am by Arx »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8264 on: March 02, 2017, 08:27:21 am »

Final attempt. I think it's ready to be handed in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvXSuM4_s6s

Lots of people are doing some fancier idles than I. I've seen ghosts, mages, and dancers, yet here I am with a boring old brawler stance.
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 845