Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Happy Birthday, dear Toady!  (Read 83957 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, dear Toady!
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2009, 01:59:08 pm »

It was Toady's Birthday?  Happy Birthday!

That kitten looks a lot like my cat.  She has no tail.  Although, I live where there are bobcats, and she's pretty ferocious, so me and my family joke about her being part bobcat.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2009, 02:04:06 pm »

Happy Birthsday!
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2009, 02:13:52 pm »

Happy Birthday, Toady!
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2009, 02:53:38 pm »

:) c

eventually leads to

:o c c c c c c c c c
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Magnnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2009, 02:57:35 pm »

OMG your kitten looks just like my little sox (the name of my kitty). Shes not technically a kitten but she acts like one ^^. I hope scamps brings you much joy.

P.S. kitten bring out the dormant flamboyant boy in me >.>

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2009, 03:30:16 pm »

Happy Birthday Toady!

:) c

eventually leads to

:o c c c c c c c c c

That's why you get them neutered!

I've got a cat with thumbs. He can partially open floor-level cupboards with them - Rawr, evolution! (But they snap back closed before he gets them all the way open :P)
They're actually rather common in this area. Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polydactyl_cat
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2009, 04:26:46 pm »

HAppY BirThDay!!1!!
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2009, 05:23:11 pm »

Happy birthday dude! Hope you got alot of nice stuff!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2009, 06:18:18 pm »

Is there a furless belly gene that only develops after the cat reaches maturity?  If so mine has it.

Furless belly gene? Never heard of... But... When cats reach maturity, a lot of people have them neutered (if male), or sterilized (if female), because there are enough stray kittens as it is..

When they return from being sterilized, yeah, they have quite a naked belly, from the operation.

You sure nobody catnapped ur cat for sterilizing purposes?

Nah, we did that when she was younger.  It grew back, but now it's all short again.  I wonder if it has to do with her fleas.  We keep giving her flea bathes but they keep coming back, the little bastards!  My poor bitten kitten...

Hey Toady, make sure to condition your cat to relieve themselves only in the little box.  Keep a spray bottle handy.  Scamps may be upset at you for a while, but you're his momma now so he'll get over it.  Also, if the area around your house has allot of cars driving around, it might be a good idea to keep him indoors, but then there's a host of other things you have to deal with.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2009, 06:46:26 pm »

Yikes, hey Toady are those bronze wound bass strings for your guitar or are they just, well you know; need to be replaced or something? Besides that, daaaw, cat.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2009, 10:43:42 pm »

Wait wait wait...  like I said it was an early birthday present, my birthday isn't until April 17th (note the dates in the early posts of this thread).

Wow toadies B-day is three days before mine?

Anyways happy early birthday.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2009, 10:56:45 pm »

Ohhh.... SUPER HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOADY!!!  (not today... TOADY!!!) 

Thanks for the joy you bring to our lives...  :)
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2009, 11:19:45 pm »

Happy Happy! Joy Joy!

speaking of weird cat breeds anyone heard of a polydactyl?  Apparently Hemmingway liked to release them into the wild.  My mom had one that had six toes on one paw and five on it's others... it has some freaky feather like growths in it fur :o
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2009, 12:35:07 am »

Is there a furless belly gene that only develops after the cat reaches maturity?  If so mine has it.

Furless belly gene? Never heard of... But... When cats reach maturity, a lot of people have them neutered (if male), or sterilized (if female), because there are enough stray kittens as it is..

When they return from being sterilized, yeah, they have quite a naked belly, from the operation.

Nah, we did that when she was younger.  It grew back, but now it's all short again.  I wonder if it has to do with her fleas.  We keep giving her flea bathes but they keep coming back, the little bastards!  My poor bitten kitten...

Hey Toady, make sure to condition your cat to relieve themselves only in the little box.  Keep a spray bottle handy.  Scamps may be upset at you for a while, but you're his momma now so he'll get over it.  Also, if the area around your house has allot of cars driving around, it might be a good idea to keep him indoors, but then there's a host of other things you have to deal with.

My Large male C is currently working on how to turn a door knob... front door, no perches nearby... and he's getting damn close to opening the door.

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2009, 01:16:08 am »

My Large male C is currently working on how to turn a door knob... front door, no perches nearby... and he's getting damn close to opening the door.

He's trying to path through the door? Put in a cat-flap before your FPS dies!
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16