Monk 12
- 2 (5.7%)
The G.M
- 5 (14.3%)
Random Lurker
- 6 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race RTD Supposedly Updated every 2 days Turn 32 The end ?  (Read 47590 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Wacky Death Race RTD (Spots Open)(Updated every 2 days)(Turn 3)
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2012, 12:19:24 am »

Oh man that was a poor turn for me. I may have to use all my rerolls on that one.
Unlike me, I'm still the slowest and am very lonely in my transport.

Question: The weaponry details will have an effect on their power in the description right GM? Are the crewmembers unique or just generic humans?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2012, 11:40:53 am »

Question: The weaponry details will have an effect on their power in the description right GM? Are the crewmembers unique or just generic humans?
The weapons might have special effects depending on your description.
Crewmembers are just generics, though some of them are better in their job then others

Would a gun that automatically shot solid cylinders of steel into incoming projectiles be considered a weapon or a defense?
If it shoots other players, it's a weapon, if it's bloks attacks, it's a defense mechanism.

Also,  I'm going to put all players rolls and thier effects in one little spoiler in the next turn, as requested.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2012, 11:59:00 am »

Red wrecker supreme:

[3]: The racing car build gives no real advantages nor disadvantages.
[5]: The Red wrecker's engine is one of the fastest in the AFWRC. (Speed +5)
[5]: The Red wrecker's gas fueled and comes with is own compressor, which makes it's fuel cheaper and easier to find.(Very cheap fuel
[4]:Cargo hold Size 50 
[2]: Your first fuel tanks aren't very big.Rerolled
[4]: Fueltanks: That's why you spent some extra time on them, seriously increasing their size(fuel 8 )
[-]Crew: Not rolled. Default to 1

Darkling Shadow:
[3] The Darklink shadow can traverse both land and sea, but requires 1 fuel and 1 action to switch. The ship also inquires some speed loss due to it's shape(-1speed)
[3] The Darklink shadow isn't very fast but it isn't slow either(+ 3 speed)
[1] Sadly the Darklink Shadow engine isn't very resilient and requires custom made high energy jet fuel.(Expensive, explosive fuel)
[3][Cargo]:  You cargo's rather small, mainly because you wanted to increase speed.(30 cargo +1 speed)
[4][Crew]:  You have space for 4 crew  members, including yourself 
[2] [Fuel Tanks]:  Your fuel tanks are rather small (6/6 fuel)

Worldconq MK1:

[6] The Worldconq MK 1 is a heavily armored tank, perhaps a little bit to much.(-1 speed,+1 armor)
[4] Despite it's heavy armor, the Worldconq is still quite fast.(+4 speed)
[5]The worldconq MK1 's uranium reactor can burn almost any type of nuclear fuel. And luckly for you Omni-Tech  products have been powered by nuclear batteries since 2021.(Very cheap fuel)
[1]  The cargo space is in fact definitly to small(20 cargo space)
[2]  There isn't much fuel storage either(6/6 fuel)
[1] Your robotic pincers are a big disappointement, it seems you can't get further then a rotating stick.( Robotic pincers, melee d2)

The armadillo

[5]The Armadillo can easily switch between boat and tank modes.(Requires 1 fuel and 1 action)
[4]The armadillo's engine isn't very fast but will keep functioning until it's heavily damaged (+2 speed, functions normal until heavy damage)
[4] Hyper-DIESAL isn't as common as other fuels but at least it's clean and safe. Ok not very clean but it won't eat your neighbourhood like that self replenishing algea fuel.( Cheap fuel)
[3] 40 cargo storage
[2] The fuel tank turns out to be rather small.(6/6 fuel)
[3] There's space for 2 crewmembers, including you(+1 fuel, 1/2 crew)

The Valkyrie

[1] The Valkyrie is hybrid transport, which means that it fails to be effective both on land as in the air.( Requires 2 fuel and 1 action to switch). (-2 speed)
[1] Sadly the engine is barely strong enough to keep it in the air. On top of that, the solar panels make the engines extra fragile.   (+1speed, fragile engines)
[4] At least the Gasoline fuel is quite easy to find, and not remarkably explosive.(cheap fuel)
[6] Your cargo hold turns out to be larger then expected. While you did decrease the size for increased mobility and speed, it comes at cost fuel storage.(50 cargo storage, +1 speed, +1 dodging, -1 fuel storage)
[1] Sadly, you doubt you'll be able to fit more than one person in here.(1/1 crew quarters)
[3]You get 7/7 fuel tanks)

Starrunner:

[5] The Starrunner is an agile stealth plane (+1 to dodge)
[1]Sadly it's seems that the delivered rocket engines are defective and very slow and unreliable(+1Speed)
[5]Luckly the starrunners Hydrogen fuel is both very cheap and very common(Very cheap fuel)
[3] You're already small cargobay is made even smaller by the need for speed(30 cargo bay, +1 speed
[5] You crew quarters are excellently designed, providing excellent lodgings for 4 crewmembers and extre cargo space(+10 cargo, 1/4 crew)
[5]Your fuel tanks are hypercooled, allowing them to store a lot of fuel.(9/9 fuel)

The Zyphyr cathedral:

[1] Sadly Zeppelins aren't know to be the most aerodynamic vehicles built in human history( -1 speed)
[3] The jet engines turn out to be mediocre at best.(+3 speed)
[6] You're airship runs on UltraKerosin, which is very cheap since it has been discredited in an international safety report three months ago.(+1 speed, very cheap fuel, explosive fuel)
[1] Your cargo bay is indeed quite large, sadly it's littered with supports, resulting in very few usable space(20 cargo bay)
[2]You can only hope to get 2 crewmembers in here)
[2] 6/6 fuel)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 12:06:55 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2012, 12:48:34 pm »

Starrunner

Roll 1: Automated thermite heat-seeking capable missiles, mostly for air-to-ground attacks but can also be Air-To-Air.
Roll 2: A automated gun that fires 500 2-inch ball bearings per shot, basically a massive shotgun. It has springs to keep the recoil down.
Roll 3: One turret on top and bottom of each wing, designed to fire in a 360 degree arc. They fire small rocket-propelled bullets with thermite cores.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2012, 01:39:27 pm »

Turn 3: Weapons of Mass destruction

Feel free to complain about balance problems.

Name contestant: Luke Prowler (Original, right? :P)
Reason: His family has a long history of racers, but after a legal dispute over thr rights of a logo, he could not afford the fancy speeders than have become common place. The AFWRC, on the other hand, allows for a lower standard.
Name vehicle: Red Wrecker Supreme
Stats:
-Ground
-Speed +5
-Cheap fuel(+2 to searching rolls, -100 fuel price)
Fuel: 8/8
-Cargo size: 50
-Crew:1
Spoiler: Machine guns (click to show/hide)
Wrecking ball: Melee d3
Battering Ram Melee damage d(8+1/2speed)(Speed bonus only applies when this is the 2 action)  Halve the damage is returned to sender.

[3] Machine guns:
     -Range: 3(can shoot up too three tiles ahead)
     -Accuracy: d6
     -Damage: d4
     -Ammo: Size 1
     - Misc: Front mounted (can only shoot forward)
[2] Wrecking ball: Melee damage d3
[6] Battering Ram Melee damage d(8+1/2speed)(Speed bonus only applies when this is the 2 action)  Halve the damage is returned to sender.
Name:  Toaster
Reason:  Toaster enjoys speed, money, women, and booze.  Since this race will cover two of the four, it's got his attention- and surely it'll impress the ladies, right?
Vehicle Name:  Darkling Shadow
First Turn:  Stats:
-Ground/water
Speed: +3
-Very expensive fuel: (-2 to searching rolls, +100 price, fuel is highly explosive)
-Cargo: 30
-Crew 1/4
-Fuel: 6/6
Spoiler: -Longbow laser (click to show/hide)
The Punishing Repulsor: d3 melee weapon
[2]-Longbow laser
        -Range: 2(front and backward)
        -Accuracy: d3
        -Damage: d4
        -Ammo size:2
        -Special:Can fire multiple shots at the same time for a +1 hit bonus per extra ammo
[6]-Hurricane missile launcher:
       -Range: 5(Front and backward)
       -Accuracy d10 +2
       -Damage: d6
       -Ammo size: 15
       -Special: WMD
[2] The Punishing Repulsor: d3 melee weapon

Name contestant: Dariush the Mad;
Reason: This world has gone for far too long without a suitable dictatorship to stir it's reins! But, barging there headfirst would be silly. So, I can use this race to test out my primary method of achieving world domination! They called me mad, they did! But I'll show them... Wait, I am mad. Well, I'll show them HOW mad I am! MUAHAHAHA!
Name vehicle: WorldConq Mk.1;
-Stats:
-Ground
-+1 armour
-+3 speed
-Very Cheap fuel:(+2 to searching rolls,-100 price)
20 cargo space
6/6 fuel
Robopincer:(melee,d2 damage)
[2]
Spoiler: Flamethrower (click to show/hide)
[3]
[4] Automated Robo hands defence system: Can be used every 3 turns for a 1 turn +2 dodge bonus. (Needs a weapon firing action to be activated, other weapons can be fired at the same time)

[2] Flamethrower( Note: I deautomated this one since you can fire it on your own just fine)
           -Range 1
           -Accuracy d4
           -Damage d6
           -Ammo size: 3
           -Misc: Damage spread: damage automaticly spreads over different parts.
[3] Automated Rocket launcher :
               - Range 4
               - Accuracy d3
               - damage d5
               - Ammo size : 5
[4] Automated Robo hands defence system: Can be used every 3 turns for a 1 turn +2 dodge bonus. (Needs a weapon firing action to be activated, other weapons can be fired at the same time)

Name contestant: Connor Hasbin
Reason: Connor had a dream he did! A wonderful, beautiful dream! But that's not important! What's important is that in that dream he saw an awesome vehicle of awesome, and he knew he had to make it and race it! KNEW IT! Problem was, it was armed, which immediately put him in this death-race. Oh well.
His dream may or may not be the result of telepathy, alien tinkering or magical faries that are bored.
Name vehicle: Armadillo
Stats:
-Boat/ground
-+2 speed, Functions until Heavy damage
- Cheap fuel( +1 to searching rolls, -50 price)
-40 cargo
-10/10 fuel
1/2 crew.
Spoiler: Heavy machine guns: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Torpedos: (click to show/hide)
[1] Heavy machine guns:
          -Range: 1
          -Damage: d2
          -Ammo: 2
[6]Torpedos:
              -Range: 5
              -Damage: d10
              -Accuracy: d10
              -Ammo: 2
              -Misc: Only useable in water
[5]Fuel tanks(9/9)
Name contestant: Tyrin Ferric
Name vehicle: Valkyrie

Stats:
Air/ground
Speed: 1(-1 but 1 is the minimum)
+1 dodge
Fragile engines
Cheap fuel: +1 to finding rolls, -50 price
50 cargo
6/6 fuel tanks
1/1 crew
[2]Twin automated solar cannons:
         -Range:3
         -Damage:d4
         -Accuracy d4
         -Misc: Fires fuel(1 per use)
[3] Automated Miniguns:
        -Range: 2(front and backward)
        -Damage: d5
        -Ammo size:2
[6]Tracking device : Can be used every other turn to get a +3 on hitting rolls and a +1 to range, sadly others can use it to track you to and get the same bonus.

Name contestant: Jack Dendy
Reason: An adrenaline junky, Jack is currently trying to raise money to create a planet dedicated to a massive deathmatch.
Name vehicle: Starrunnner
Stats:
Plane
+1 Dodge
+2 Speed
Very cheap fuel(+2  to finding things, -100 price)
40 cargo bay
1/4 crew
9/9 fuel
[3]Automated thermite misseles:
                -Range: 4
                -damage: d6
                -ammo size: 5
[1]Automated Massive shotgun:
                - Range:1
                - Accuracy: d4
                - Damage: d6
                -Ammo size: 5
                -Does 2  damage to self every shot( armor isn't counted)
[2]Auto turrets:
                -Range: 3
                -damage: d3
                -ammo size: 2
Name contestant: Monk
Reason: (Pending plot, presumably for loot and or lulz.)
Name vehicle: The Zephyr Cathedral
Stats:
Air
Speed +3
Very cheap fuel( +2 finding rolls, -100 price)
Explosive fuel
20 cargo bay
1/2 crew members
6/6 fuel
[5]Kamikaze Drones:
          -range: 6
          -Accuracy: d8
          -Damage d8
          -Ammo size: 3
          -Special: Autotargetting: In case the target's missed(dodge roll fail) and Acc roll is more then 2 , acquire new target.
[3]SUV artillery:
           -Range: 3
           -Accuracy: d2
           -Damage: d8
           -Ammo size: d5
[2] Machine gun turrets
           -range 2
           - accuracy d4
           - damage: d3
           -Ammo size: 1

Now on to turn 4 which defines your defenses. Suggested things are: armor roll, dodge roll , and repair systems.( These are 1 or multiple use items that might  be used freely( Depends on stats of item).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:29:13 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2012, 01:46:41 pm »

*looks at the rolls*

Well, fuck my luck.

Roll 1: Reroll robopincers;
Roll 2: Armoring everything, thick metal titanium reinforced plates! I must have armor!!!
Roll 3: A welding mask and welding instruments; multiple-use, just enough to get this monster to the end. (aka repair-kit)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2012, 01:49:49 pm »

*looks at the rolls*

Well, fuck my luck.

Roll 1: Reroll robopincers;
Roll 2: Armoring everything, thick metal titanium reinforced plates! I must have armor!!!
Roll 3: A welding mask and welding instruments; multiple-use, just enough to get this monster to the end. (aka repair-kit)
No dodging roll ?
Dodging is a great way to escape damage.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2012, 01:52:46 pm »

I like cars, thats how I roll
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2012, 02:11:06 pm »

My expressions when seeing new turn:  :D :) :( :'(
Roll 1: Re-engineer aerodynamics to make plane dodgier (dodging roll)
Roll 2: Mount a automated turret on the bottom of the plane to shoot small cylinders of steel at incoming projectiles.
Roll 3: Engineer a large amount of nanobots to patch my hull if need be.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Wacky Death Race RTD (Spots Open)(Updated every 2 days)(Turn 4)
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2012, 02:38:01 pm »

I assume the smaller the ammo size the better, otherwise my ammo size of 2 for the torps after getting a roll of a 6 is a little harsh :P

Armour! Yes!

Armadillo

Roll 1: Thick, heavy steel covered by differing layers of ceramics. Takes some speed away for increased armour. Also, the armour is angled and cornered to make it particularly effective at glancing off ground attacks. However, it is not meant in any way to counter aerial attacks (or anything that fires up then down) (The vehicle itself has an open top so that the crew can get fresh air. Whilst defended horizontally, vertically it's completely undefended)

Roll 2: Point Defense. To counter aerial attacks, the Armadillo has miniature missiles and a targeting systems to counter bombs, missiles, rockets effectively, taking them out before reaching the Armadillo. Drawbacks are is that it uses ammo (a good roll will hopefully limit that problem :P) and does not counter artillery.

Roll 3: The Armadillo's old yet rugged approach means that it's easy to repair with lesser skills and equipment. To represent that, repairing is a free and automatic action that works at half ability without taking up crew actions, but also ensures there is no dodge roll if there was any. It's therefore possible to race - Repair normally - Repair Half Strength in one turn, but will automatically take hits. (If that's not a fair trade, or there is no dodge roll if there's not a dodge function, then have it take up a crew action aswell.)
The roll would determine the normal repair rate, and therefore, the halved repair rate.
(I realise this is a somewhat different approach, so I hope I've balanced it atleast a little.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2012, 02:44:16 pm »

Two questions:

How does the accuracy roll work?  Is more sides on the die better or worse?

On my missile launcher- is that 15 missiles or 15 salvos?  The key point was multiple missiles in the air.  If it's just 15 missiles, how many are fired in a shot?

(Also, it's Punisher not Punishing (= )

Roll 1 (Armor):  Adaptive armor designed to withstand machine gun fire and energy weaponry.
Roll 2 (Dodge):  A blink warp system that temporarily phases out the craft to throw off tracking weapons and dodge heavy projectiles.
Roll 3 (Repair):  Nanobot canisters that are manually triggered, but can quickly repair armor, the hull, or any component of the system.

I'll certainly have to reroll the fuel and/or tanks at some point- expensive hard to find fuel plus poor storage is a nasty combination.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2012, 03:01:20 pm »

On ammo size: smaller is better. Ammo size is the amount of cargo space one shot takes up.  So your missille launcher fires a giant amount of misseles, in that it attacks every player within range with one shot and has superior targeting.

Accuracy is just used in Acc vs dodge roll.( so higher is better)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2012, 03:37:14 pm »

Okay, I gotcha- it's basically a very scary weapon that can rip the hell out of anyone near me, but I can only carry two reloads at the expense of anything else in storage.

Does the ammo in the tubes count as far as storage space (IE- if a salvo was loaded in the racks, could I carry two reloads for a total of three shots?)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2012, 03:52:10 pm »

Okay, I gotcha- it's basically a very scary weapon that can rip the hell out of anyone near me, but I can only carry two reloads at the expense of anything else in storage.

Does the ammo in the tubes count as far as storage space (IE- if a salvo was loaded in the racks, could I carry two reloads for a total of three shots?)
Ammo loaded in the weapon counts towards the storage cap.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2012, 04:00:02 pm »

Ouch.  That'll make it a one-shot wonder until I can stop for reloads.  (Maybe- I have an idea or two to fix that)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41