Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 162

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II [Actually Done This Time: R.I.P]  (Read 321545 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 33: NPCs > Players)
« Reply #1500 on: October 30, 2012, 11:23:22 pm »

((Btw, TCM, now that it's been accepted, i'd like to change my character to a BLUE Merasmus, please!))

Got it.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: October 30, 2012, 11:26:25 pm »

((Honestly though, I just realized the Mongols are more effective warriors than all 6 of us. Maybe THEY sould be the H.O.E.S.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: October 31, 2012, 06:25:15 am »

TCM, could I change to a navy Roland Deschain?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: October 31, 2012, 06:47:44 am »

Changed it.

Rolling for the next turn guys, doesn't look good...
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: October 31, 2012, 10:10:45 am »

Changed it.

Rolling for the next turn guys, doesn't look good...
((Good for us, maybe?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: October 31, 2012, 11:39:43 am »

((You should have been playing as Arturia instead of Arthur. You would have lasted longer. :P))
((I could reserve that character.

But then the waitlist is sooo long. So...))
((Eh, it only took about an Act to get Dashie back into action, and there are usually a lot of people that don't respond and get knocked back. In any case, the sooner you reserve a spot, the sooner you'll be back in.  :))))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: October 31, 2012, 11:49:44 am »

((You should have been playing as Arturia instead of Arthur. You would have lasted longer. :P))

((Eh, it only took about an Act to get Dashie back into action, and there are usually a lot of people that don't respond and get knocked back. In any case, the sooner you reserve a spot, the sooner you'll be back in.  :))))

((Reserve/Waitlist back as Sky Blue Arturia!))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: October 31, 2012, 02:34:49 pm »

((Reserve/Waitlist back as Sky Blue Arturia!))

Make a character sheet in the OOC Thread please. :3

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: October 31, 2012, 04:11:28 pm »

Shit... Long waitlist and I can't decide on a character...

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 34: Massacre at the Globe)
« Reply #1509 on: October 31, 2012, 05:34:10 pm »

Chapter 34: Massacre at the Globe

Cyan Garamonde charges up his SwordTech.

Sherlock Holmes dies whilst laying in his own pool of brain blood. Fortunately, his subconscious is as coherent as his normal consciousness, and he wakes up in a physical manifestation inside his own mind. "Peculiar. Perhaps if I exist metaphysically I will restore my cognitive functions." (1) A light appears in the distance. Sherlock walks towards it, perhaps it was a way out? He stepped in to it and reappears back in London. In front of him...Steampunk Mecha Moriarty! "You will never escape me Holmes! Soon, I will have you, and all of the universe at my hands!" Sherlock points at him. "You will never Moriarty, for as long as I am here fighting! No matter where you are, you will always have to face me, master of space and time, The Doctor! Sherlock Holmes! Have at it!" And so, their battle continues.
On the battlefield, Sherlock disappears into thin air.
Sherlock Holmes has died! (And transcended.)

"Thanks for all the fish!" Pinkie melts.

Lieutenant Colonel Alfred Daniel Wintle picks up Shakespeare's Twin Rapiers and thrusts them both into the faceplate of the Knight. (2 vs. 6) The Knight lifts his Kite Shield and deflects both swords off of it.
(3 vs. 5) He swings his Morning Star at the Lieutenant, who dodges it again and sighs.

The Boss, now recovered from his near-death experience, tosses an Electric Grenade at the Crossbowman's platform. (2 vs. 2) It explodes prematurely in the air, creating an area of electricity, and then it dissipates. The Boss shrugs and fires his Dual Shepard .45s at the bowman. (3 vs. 6) The bullets explode around him, but fail to do any damage. The Crossbowman peaks his head up and fires another bolt dead at the Boss. (5+1 vs. 4) As the bolt flies at the Saint he simply raises his hands and yells, "Seriously?!" He gets struck in the Torso, piercing his vitals. He flies back and dies instantly.
The Boss has died!

Rainbow Dash gives the Mongolians a friendly wave as she flies at the Crossbowman, Katana in her mouth. (6 vs. 1) He ducks and dodges her blade. "Ha ha ha! You imbeciles will never take on me! But it seems my army is dead, so I'll take a tactical retreat." He jumps on the banister facing the outside of the Globe, and spots a thick bale of hay a few stories bellow. "Until next time, Farewell!" He jumps off and flies to the ground....
-Meanwhile, outside The Globe-
"You think hiding all the knives under the hay is going to work?" "Yes, as long as no one finds ou-" *shplink*

Jackie Estacado directs his rage at the Archer, firing his AK47 into his hiding place. (6 vs. 5) The Archer turns to run, but a bullet pierces his mid-spine. He falls on his face, paralyzed from the waist-down. He tries crawling away. The Arms of Darkness go to work. One moves towards the Rouge and buries into his chest, devouring his heart. The nourishment stops Jackie's bleeding. The other goes under the floorboards and bursts out next to the Archer. As it rears it's head, he screams, "No!" (1 vs. 6) The Darkness opens it's mouth, and the Archer takes a last resort that might work; firing at the Darkness. (5 vs. 2) The arrow flies at the Darkness and manages to hurt it? The arrow impales itself into the Darkness's open mouth, stabbing it. It screeches and retreats. Jackie falls to his knees in intense pain. He hears the Darkness talking within, "WHAT IS THIS? WHAT KIND OF WEAPONRY IS CAPABLE OF HURTING ME?!" In the back of his mind, Jackie hears Celestia's laugh.

Gordon Freeman 2.0 opens the console to heal his team! (2) He gets a Banana.

The Archer crawls to the edge of the floor so he can see outside. He sees Jackie Estacado in a vulnerable state. Seeing the opportunity to finish him off, the soldier grabs the banisters and lifts himself up. He places another arrow into his Longbow. He shuts one of his eyes and lines up the shot perfectly. He releases. (6 vs. 2) Jackie fells something ram into him. There is no pain. But there is an arrow sticking out of his neck. He falls to the side, convulsing and shivering. "NO! I WON'T LET YOU DIE!!!" "But I will." Jackie stops moving...and then erupts into a cloud of black smoke and dark flames.
Jackie Estacado has died!

The Man-at-Arms sees his work is done with Sherlock Holmes. He picks up his Mace and runs at Cyan Garamonde. (1 vs. 3) The skimming attack doesn't manage to penetrate Cyan's U.S. Army armor. (3 vs. 6) Cyan slashes back but the nimble soldier maneuvers away from the Katanas. His SwordTech is charged....

The Vanguard rushes at Gordon Freeman 2.0 jumping off the ground and screaming, launching a sprint attack at the doctor! (2 vs. 3) Gordon rolls under the attack and the Vanguard sticks his Halberd into the floor. Gordon pulls out his Uzi. (5 vs. 1) As the Vanguard struggles, Freeman shoves the Uzi inside his faceplate. He gulps in surprise as Gordon holds the trigger for a couple seconds. The warrior falls back, he won't need that Halberd anymore.

The Knight roars and swings again at Lieutenant Colonel Alfred Daniel Wintle. (1 vs. 5) The Lieutenant evades by jumping off onto the stage. "It seems I posses the height advantage. Oh well, farewell by countryman!" He points his Lee Enfield at the Knight. (4 vs. 1) The rifle flares up and the bullet pierces the Knight's armor. However, it does slow it down, so the bullet enters the Knight's chest only a bit. Not enough to kill him, but enough to make him mad. Just as Wintle puts his rifle away, he sees the Knight climbing onto the stage. "Not done yet are we?"

"AVENGE THE LORD OF DARKNESS! RAAAAAHHHHHHH!" The Elite Mongolian Warriors, all 20 of them, run into the stands, quickly ascending to the Archer's floor. The Archer scans the area for more targets, but feels that someone has come up besides him. "Halt! Who dares-" (1 vs. 2) He jerks his head as an arrow flies by it, and then realizes a gang of armored men with weapons is charging him. He finally equips his Shortsword. "Come on then, I'll show you how an Englishman fights!" He counter-charges them. (6-1 vs. 2) He doesn't notice that his strikes are off center, as he cuts down swaths of the oriental men. In the space of about a minute and a half, Mongol bodies are lying everywhere. A few still stand, but the Archer advances at them. "Come on!"

"No! NO!" Oleg shakes The Boss's body. "...it is far too late. Goodbye valiant king. You fought well." He gingerly lays the purple man on the ground. "I will not however, be stopped in the slaying of you cowards!" The hulking giant rushes at the Man-at-Arms. (3 vs. 4+1) Oleg sweeps his arm at the soldier, but he athletically jumps out of the way. (4 vs. 1) The warrior then leaps up and smashes his spiked Mace against the behemoth of a man's face, one of his few weak-points. He stumbles back, part of his face shredded up.

Spoiler: Shakespeare's Men (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Heroes of Equestria (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Friendly NPCs (click to show/hide)

.....I think it's time I give out some helpful hints.

1. Doing two attacks in one turn, while doubling the potential amount of damage, also doubles your chances of being counter-attacked.

2. In the beginning, the party had Twilight Sparkle. She functioned as a Medic. At that time, the average deaths per battle was about 1, sometimes 0. In the post-Twilight-Medic-Sparkle party, there's been two battles in which a majority of the party died. Consider the implications.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:38:12 pm by TCM »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: October 31, 2012, 05:39:18 pm »

...Waitlist as Times New Roman Maroon Sherlock Holmes.
Sig! Onol

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: October 31, 2012, 05:51:01 pm »

((But TCM, the best defense is a good offense, right?))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: October 31, 2012, 05:52:08 pm »

Ha! without me you will all die!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: October 31, 2012, 05:55:33 pm »

Ha! without me you will all die!
I could've ben a medic, but then the man-at-arms killed me. Please make him feel pain for me. Also...
Sherlock's hat floats to Wintle. "As the only Englishman left, it falls to you to mantain British honor. To that end, have my hat."
Sig! Onol

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: October 31, 2012, 06:36:46 pm »

Hngggggggggggggggg

Point taken. I'll make a sheet for the Medic from TF2 shortly :D
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 162