Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2497 2498 [2499] 2500 2501 ... 10988

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13443616 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #37470 on: September 14, 2013, 11:49:31 am »

With the way he's been trollishly scolding people for posting the warning about him and doing it himself in a sarcastic way instead of his usual insults I'm getting the feel that at this point he may just be doing it out of some twisted sense of obligation
Or possibly because it's the closest he gets to legitimate social interaction.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37471 on: September 14, 2013, 11:51:31 am »

This was an image used in a BBC article.

If you know anything about how computers work, this makes absolutely zero sense.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37472 on: September 14, 2013, 11:55:03 am »

This was an image used in a BBC article.

If you know anything about how computers work, this makes absolutely zero sense.
Head, meet desk. Head, meet wall. Head, meet bedpost. Brain, meet trauma.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37473 on: September 14, 2013, 11:59:50 am »

It's obviously a perspective representation of someone examining a keylogger, they're holding a magnifying glass in front of the screen because they have very poor eyesight. The reason why the log is the way it is, is because the person who uses the computer likes to type random sequences of zero's and one's on his numpad when he's browsing around. You know, to throw off CSI.

Also whoever they are have made a horrible choice of username and password.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37474 on: September 14, 2013, 12:06:20 pm »

Huh, someone flagged the Powder Toy site as unsafe.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #37475 on: September 14, 2013, 12:10:41 pm »

The driving school I went to a couple months ago and was still getting driving practice from suddenly closed a week ago without warning.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37476 on: September 14, 2013, 01:27:24 pm »

Just now,I just noticed something very strange. It seems when my heart beats, everything looks ever so slightly redder for a bit. I have never noticed this before. Maybe it doesn't happen all the time. It was very subtle, and seems to have stopped. I think.
. . .That's pretty hard to quantify.

Because your heart never stops beating. Ever. :/
Death and some heart attacks can.

The other heart attacks make your heart beat TOO quickly, so not enough blood is pumped around the body.
Since I suddenly felt my heartbeat, maybe my blood pressure went up for a few seconds? Perhaps the increased blood flow to the capillaries in my eyes caused the reddish tint?

This is an unusual thing, and could possibly be a symptom of a problem with your retinas or your heart.  You do have blood vessels in your eyes and some of them are placed in some people so that bloodflow can be observed in ideal lighting conditions, or sometimes by pressuring the eye by squinting and such.

I can see my pulse under ideal lighting, but only during and right after a heartbeat.  It is colorless (these are very small blood vessels) and looks like a shadow of movement in specific spots.  I've been able to see it, rarely, from childhood.

That you don't normally observe this, or feel your heartbeat (and some people can and do feel their heartbeat most of the time or periodically), be aware of these changes, and consider getting yourself checked.  If you are starting to have a lot of blood vessel growth in your eyes or something, this can be extremely bad for your vision and its easier to correct early rather than late.

Feeling your heartbeat is often called palpitations.  That's a rather more common symptom than suddenly seeing your heartbeat, but their being linked isn't common.  It's worth mentioning to both the eye doctor and the regular doctor, because the combination could be significant.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 01:29:54 pm by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #37477 on: September 14, 2013, 02:08:27 pm »

...apparently sticking my nose at my bedroom wall doesn't count :(
It's FEF, not FEOF

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37478 on: September 14, 2013, 03:18:25 pm »

Apparently, if you look at a blank, blue surface (or the sky on a clear day), you can see little white dots. Which are, apparently, the white blood cells going over your retina.
Not white blood cells, IIRC. Look up "floaters" on Wikipedia.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37479 on: September 14, 2013, 03:42:03 pm »

Apparently, if you look at a blank, blue surface (or the sky on a clear day), you can see little white dots. Which are, apparently, the white blood cells going over your retina.
You can see floaters anywhere. And I hate them.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #37481 on: September 14, 2013, 03:57:19 pm »

Nah, what GO's talking about is a separate phenomena. Floaters are pretty distinct from them.

I get both! And visual snow. Blue sky is so busy it's literally physically painful to look at.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37482 on: September 14, 2013, 03:59:38 pm »

I get both, with floaters being more common.

But only on the left eye, because fuck the other one.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37483 on: September 14, 2013, 04:14:48 pm »

Nah, what GO's talking about is a separate phenomena. Floaters are pretty distinct from them.

I get both! And visual snow. Blue sky is so busy it's literally physically painful to look at.
Yep.

One thing I found odd that we looked at in biology was that the nerves and blood vessels are on top of the cone and rod cells, rather than under them.
Evolution, ho!
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #37484 on: September 14, 2013, 04:35:00 pm »

24/7, 365,*baby! Any and all light conditions (but incredibly vivid in dark ones), even in m'dreams. I have been constantly hallucinating for decades.

It's one of the reasons hallucinogens have always seemed kinda' meh to me. Other people need drugs to see things that aren't there. Those people are weak.*+1 day on leap year.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2497 2498 [2499] 2500 2501 ... 10988