Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678553 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #6000 on: March 02, 2018, 07:26:58 pm »

You lost warscore too?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: March 02, 2018, 07:28:37 pm »

So if I lose warscore for beating the enemy, how am I supposed to win wars? Is the game literally unplayable right now?
Assuming you mean War Exhaustion and not Warscore, you get Status Quo peace. You keep what you took and get a big truce. Not crippling, just annoying.

You are not losing warscore, but the war exhaustion counter is bugged and counts all victories as defeats for the purposes of war exhaustion and war exhaustion only. When it hit 100%, it results in the above.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: March 02, 2018, 08:57:42 pm »

I'm not sure if you're actually gaining war exhaustion because of a bug, or at least, I'm not, but it might look like it because of how it works. (Or it could just be a bug I've not seen!)

You loose war exhaustion based on what you loose in the battle, and if you're not using the beta patch it tries to tally up who lost what and figure out if the battle was "won" or "lost" based on that. If you take a planet but loose a dozen armies doing so (quite a possible outcome since Defensive armies are super stronk right now) it'll show up as a loosing battle because you got a ton of war exhaustion from the loosing armies whereas they don't get exhaustion from the loss of their defensive armies (although they do get some from loosing the planet, I'm not sure if that counts for the battle calculations, I suspect not, and even so it's possible to take a planet and get more exhaustion then they do from the planet loss). Similarly if you fight a beefed up defensive station you can loose ships to it, which give you war exhaustion, but then it'll not give the enemy any, and so it'll calculate the battle as a loss.

Now, if that's the issue you've been facing, it's not really a bug so much as an unclear UI, they've "fixed" it in the beta patch by making it so the battle tracker no longer tries to figure out what was a win and what was a loss, but just tells you who got what war exhaustion.

Anyway, the beta patch makes it easier to subjugate people apparently (haven't tried it yet so idk.) and also makes it so that wars don't autoend at 100%, instead you get big penalties but can keep going. So you can have those big war goals it should be more possible. Otherwise I found it possible to persecute big wars successfully by really crushing my opponents so hard that I took no war exhaustion from fights. With big enough fleets and huge fuck off armies I found it possible to win most victories totally before ticking exhaustion got me. But I didn't go up against a galaxy wide federation yet, so ymmv.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:59:34 pm by Criptfeind »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: March 03, 2018, 09:47:49 am »

Another question: we've been attacked by the Local Assholes, and they have some of our systems and we have a lot of theirs occupied too. When I hover over "status quo" however, the tooltip tells me that the attackers will keep all the systems theyre occupying, but we wont keep any of the ones we are. Is it a feature that only attackers get to keep systems?

edit: also they have a -300 modifer to us "winning" the war, because of "unoccupied claims", whatever that means
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 09:52:06 am by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: March 03, 2018, 10:00:58 am »

You get to keep whatever you have occupied and have claims on. So throw some claims on the stuff you want to keep and take back any systems you don't want to loose.

The -300 modifier means that you have some claims on them that you've not occupied. When you get a surrender on a war the winning side gets all their claims and whatever the war goal is, the AI basically doesn't surrender though so basically it's nearly impossible to get them to give up systems you're not actually controlling (but they'll be pretty happy to let you have anything you do control though a white peace once their war exhaustion goes up.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 10:03:21 am by Criptfeind »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: March 03, 2018, 11:23:35 am »

Yeah the new war system seems... unintuitive for me at best, and broken at worst. Hardly impossible to overcome, but still.

It is worth nothing that as things stand if you win a battle very decisively, you can actually gain back war exhaustion.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: March 03, 2018, 11:40:26 am »

Have they fixed warscore regarding stations yet?

In previous versions, if you lost even a single corvette while destroying an enemy station (mining, space, military, whatever) it counted as you losing a battle. Even though, logically, robbing your enemy of valuable resources and shipbuilding capacity should hurt them far more than the loss of a single replaceable vessel hurts you. Led to bizarre situations where you could completely cripple your foe's economy and military while still counting as "losing" the war.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: March 03, 2018, 12:27:22 pm »

Honestly, the most fun thing to do right now is play fanatic purifiers and treat war exhaustion as nothing but a conquest timer.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: March 03, 2018, 01:49:55 pm »

I think it makes sense. The people, for the most part, won't care as much about reported military successes as they do about the soldiers lost to achieve them. So if you have occupied a key system and gained control of both the shipyard and wealthy colony there, yet dozens of ship crews and 7 whole legions of ground troops were lost in the fighting, the folks back home will naturally question whether or not it was worth it. Forcing you to surrender was a mistake, but the penalties it applies when you reach 100% are perfectly sensible and IMO should start scaling up to their final value once you pass a certain point, say 50%.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 01:52:25 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: March 03, 2018, 01:52:24 pm »

That makes more sense for war weariness than warscore though.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: March 03, 2018, 03:32:01 pm »

That makes more sense for war weariness than warscore though.
Weariness and exhaustion are synonymous. Warscore doesn't exist any more.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6011 on: March 03, 2018, 07:20:20 pm »

So I got back into Stellaris and Stellaris 2.0 seems a lot better than 1.8 Stellaris. I will rank it below 1.0 Stellaris because they haven't brought mausoleums back (those were the fucking bomb), but the FTL changes and star bases are a step in the right direction

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: March 03, 2018, 08:24:28 pm »

fanatic militants should gain war exhaustion by not being at war
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6013 on: March 03, 2018, 08:31:53 pm »

fanatic militants should gain war exhaustion by not being at war
peace exhaustion

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: March 03, 2018, 08:34:23 pm »

exactly
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 632