Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 228547 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #4650 on: April 27, 2024, 02:11:06 am »

Head east and look at the slab chimney's downward passage.
+1
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: April 29, 2024, 11:12:31 am »

The area down the Slab Chimney is moderately long.  You need to drive pitots into it and use ropes.. chimneying your way up would be too exhausting.  As is, the main descent method is to hammer in pitots as handholds, stretching well down into the darkness.

Eventually, unexpectedly, you see light.  There is some kind of light source ahead, off to one side as the chimney continues down eternally.

Inside is raw glowstone.  Not just the stone form of it, but crushed and powdered glowstone covers the floor, clearly destroyed in some movement of the earth ages ago.  Lots of it.  It's not expensive, and probably isn't worth carrying up, but the length of the upcoming caverns is brightly lit and clear.

Beyond you find another big room, mostly vertical.  This time, however, instead of the wall being simple slabs of gray stone, this time the wall is shiny, with slabs of a yellowish mineral.  Sessha identifies this as a rich ore of Copper.  The wall continues up, and the passage goes further, around corners, still lit by glowstone dust.

There are three routes forward.  Further down the slab chimney, up the copper wall, and around the corner ahead.

Do you gather stuff?  Or do you proceed one of the three ways onwards?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: April 29, 2024, 11:29:04 am »

Loot sounds mediocre, we can let the robots know this is here and leave it to them. I doubt we need copper or glowstone for making special weapons/armour.

Around the corner!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: April 29, 2024, 03:20:28 pm »

Yeah this would all be very interesting if we weren't stranded in a chasm in Robot Antarctica. As is, we might as well keep moving.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: April 30, 2024, 12:56:34 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: May 01, 2024, 09:38:42 pm »

The corner ends in slime.  On the rocks, around the corner, is a whiteish ooze, puddling in the corner and covering the rocks at the far end of the passage.  Above.. is not the darkness, but a great oily THING.  A silent thing, that is creeping, moving.. wrong.  A WRONG thing.  All angles and pustules and curves and.. too much!  It is not right and your eyes refuse to see it.. but neither can they turn away from the atrocity above you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: May 02, 2024, 01:25:54 am »

Sounds like time for a scan crystal and then to run away.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: May 02, 2024, 02:14:11 am »

Sounds like time for a scan crystal and then to run away.
+1

Eldritch shenanigans!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: May 02, 2024, 01:43:05 pm »

Trence uses Scan Crystal!

Spoiler: Scan Info (click to show/hide)

You all flee, back to the slab chimney area, as getting through that will take somewhat more effort than just wild fleeing.

..It doesn't seem THAT dangerous, but.. Void.  You still remember that spell Dorren hit you with.  That Asshole.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: May 02, 2024, 04:07:58 pm »

Well... those are some suspiciously low stats, but I'm not sure what a different approach would be. Let's keep this ranged and try to avoid spilling too much ooze.

Return almost to the corner. Willis moves into range.

Willis: Meditation
Willis: Absolute Zero Great Blue Oozer

Worst case scenario: this is a minor part of a major void related outbreak. In which case we have bigger problems than wasting mana.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: May 02, 2024, 10:00:31 pm »

Well... those are some suspiciously low stats, but I'm not sure what a different approach would be. Let's keep this ranged and try to avoid spilling too much ooze.

Return almost to the corner. Willis moves into range.

Willis: Meditation
Willis: Absolute Zero Great Blue Oozer

Worst case scenario: this is a minor part of a major void related outbreak. In which case we have bigger problems than wasting mana.
+1

We have a nuker, might as well try using a nuker.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: May 03, 2024, 12:33:37 am »

And nuke it he does.  Willis rounds the corner, stares at THE THING, and your shouts eventually trigger him into blasting the unseen creature with icy magic, the backblast strong enough to feel the chill wind from the unseen corner.

Willis doesn't quite stop gawping, but he backs up a step and starts looking down.

"It's dead!  Why isn't it vanishing?"

Willis continues stepping backwards, a great flow of ooze coming along the ground.  It's still very wrong, and moving in ways that don't quite make sense, but as the party retreats back to the shaft room, they see that the ooze is acting like some kind of impossible fluid rather than some impossible living creature.  It still looks horrific and wrong, and it still smells both beautiful and terrible, but it is clearly dead.

"Dead things are supposed to vanish!"

They are.. but.. fuck.  You don't quite know what's going on here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: May 03, 2024, 01:30:05 am »

This seems bad let's try and climb up the shaft before it gets to close to us.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: May 03, 2024, 04:22:16 pm »

This seems bad let's try and climb up the shaft before it gets to close to us.
+1, but use a scan crystal first.

Then uh... maybe use sending to ask Uncle? I don't know what we'd ask, but...?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: May 03, 2024, 05:05:13 pm »

Ask uncle what makes a dead thing not fade out!

Someone implemented nvida physx ragdolls in our world and it is NOT okay.
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313