Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 119

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 254508 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #705 on: December 23, 2018, 03:03:08 pm »

Check the creatures available to them? They might be trying to get leather from something that doesnt have leather properly defined or something to that effect.
Also check entity positions, sometimes things like CHAT_WORTHY or responsibilities like religion conflict with being a military squad leader.

My own modding has consisted of trying to test new night creatures, and some new alchemy potions/reactions. The thing is night creatures like spouse converters are extremely rare in the world most of the time, and arena tests dont reveal everything more often than not.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 23, 2018, 04:09:45 pm »

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to be a matter of instability so much as just the mod having tons of shit and getting potentially occasionally finicky when you try to gen a large world with it.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 24, 2018, 12:46:11 am »

Doing more tests with large map and 350 year history. Noticing, in Adventure Mode in cities, that movement turns kinda take a while. Also noticing a bit of a dogsplosion (just stupid amounts of various dog breeds everywhere), and I'm pretty sure the two are related.

Guess I'll need to think of a way to make those various dog breeds show up less (without just giving them MULTIPLE_LITTERS_RARE which would make no sense). Making them more expensive doesn't seem to do much. Though it mostly seems to have happened after I added some more cattle (one of which every civ seems to love and have thousands of according to LegendsViewer).

Could a civ having tons of cows possibly cause a dogsplosion? If so, how? Because that doesn't make any sense.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 24, 2018, 01:35:07 pm »

I've working on a new mod since August and finally finished it. I think I'll release it on Christmas.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 24, 2018, 10:27:57 pm »

I'm finally getting work done on the Monstrous Humanoids mod. Gonna hopefully get the first update ever since I've revamped it from just having goblinoids and orcs to now having all sorts of other... well, monstrous humanoids.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 25, 2018, 12:06:53 am »

And it's up. I made dinosaurs. 5 months of dinosaurs. I have now had sufficient dinosaurs.*

*That sentence is a lie.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 25, 2018, 10:34:12 am »

And it's up. I made dinosaurs. 5 months of dinosaurs. I have now had sufficient dinosaurs.*

*That sentence is a lie.
I've been completely outmodded :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 25, 2018, 02:10:17 pm »

Continuing work on the remake of my old Warhammer mod and it's the third time I rewrite the Warriors of Chaos. First as a generic "Warriors of Chaos" creature and entity with only simple castes (marauder, chosen, sorcerers), to splitting it into 5 (one for each god + undivided), and now retooling it as a single creature and entity again, but split into a ton of castes representing mutations.

14 castes done (combining male and female into a single one for sake of counting) and still a ton of mutations to go. The file is getting confusing.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 25, 2018, 02:35:18 pm »

Just finished an update to the Monstrous Humanoids mod.
Added in the sun-worshipping Girtablilu, the near-ethicless Gnolls, the multi-headed (depends on the caste) Taiga Trolls, and the tribal nature-loving goat men known as the Kagh.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 25, 2018, 04:47:08 pm »

I had to do something similar; werelizards are massively overrepresented. Per Toady, it's because "lizard" is a rather generic label. Still seems a bit much, if you ask me.

I didn't know Toady had talked about the rationale for werecreature populations. Where was that?
I asked him about it in Future of the Fortress a year or two back.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 25, 2018, 04:47:56 pm »

Thanks.
My mods and forum games.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 25, 2018, 05:15:16 pm »

Thanks.
No problem.
Here's my question and Toady's response is somewhere in here.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 25, 2018, 11:02:02 pm »

I've got everything smoothed out and optimized, bug fixed the ever living hell out of Slaves of Raius, but for some reason the Sarvanian entity specifically seems to be crashing the game. I have no idea why. I don't even remember changing or adding anything that might do this. I have gone over the entity file with a fine-tooth comb and I can't see literally anything that even might be doing this. I have literally no idea what it could be.

Everything else works perfectly at this point, except for the Sarvanians (both Imperial and nomadic variants, I did try both) who cause the game to ctd with no error while loading, the moment it starts loading entities. No idea why it started doing this all of a sudden. It doesn't crash when I remove the Sarvanian entity file. It DOES still crash if I just change the associated creature, though, so it's specifically the entity file and not the Sarvanians themselves.

This is really pissing me off, gotta be honest, and I'm not posting an update unless I can get this fixed. But then again, I guess it is a good excuse to go sultanates with the Akhadians.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 11:08:07 pm by Dunmeris »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 25, 2018, 11:17:28 pm »

Hmm... Show the Sarvanian entity file to other modders. Perhaps we as a community can figure out the issue.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 25, 2018, 11:34:13 pm »

Thanks. Here's the first part of the raws. Looks like I'll have to split it up into multiple parts as I can't post the whole thing in a single comment (too long, apparently).

Spoiler: First Part (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 11:40:17 pm by Dunmeris »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 119