Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7274 7275 [7276] 7277 7278 ... 10988

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13440832 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109125 on: September 10, 2016, 05:48:14 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109126 on: September 10, 2016, 06:26:45 pm »

I went to start building statues for my multi-god temple construct. I looked for the dwarf-god TOBNOM so I could make an exceptional statue in his likeness.

Tobnom is a 4 year old donkey of unknown parentage. Apparently someone worships him.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #109127 on: September 10, 2016, 06:29:23 pm »

Wait, seriously? We need more info!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109128 on: September 10, 2016, 06:30:17 pm »

Those spontaneously manifested donkeys are awesome man. More awesome than a hot-dog!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109129 on: September 10, 2016, 06:33:52 pm »

Took me a moment to realize that Dunamisdeos was talking about Dwarf Fortress as opposed to real life >_>
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109130 on: September 10, 2016, 06:34:59 pm »

I went to start building statues for my multi-god temple construct. I looked for the dwarf-god TOBNOM so I could make an exceptional statue in his likeness.

Tobnom is a 4 year old donkey of unknown parentage. Apparently someone worships him.
How does that even happen.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109131 on: September 10, 2016, 07:00:11 pm »

As someone who doesn't play DF, can you get him to the fort in adventure mode or something? Because as weird as it is, it could be neat to stick the actual donkey there instead of a statue.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #109132 on: September 10, 2016, 07:39:28 pm »

You could probably get his corpse there, but donkeys tend not to want to follow adventurers.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109133 on: September 10, 2016, 07:57:00 pm »

Bit of a shame the game doesn't have embalming. You could stuff the donkey and then hunt down its worshippers and present them the most marvelous of gifts.

Though now I'm kinda wondering what sort of response you get from a god if you sacrifice it to itself. Or eventually will in DF, I guess. Though there's more than a few constructions of metaphysics out there where that's totally a thing that could happen. Even outside of modern entertainment and whatnot. Christianity basically did that depending on how you shake out trinitarianism (though it was more the god sacrificing itself to itself, I suppose), there's definitely formulations of Hinduism where that's a possibility (if probably kinda' pointless)... almost certainly plenty I'm forgetting.

Honestly, thinking on it a little that actually seems like a really rather common potentiality, if not thing that actually happens much in any particular holy text.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #109134 on: September 10, 2016, 07:58:58 pm »

I wonder, if you build the statues in its temple and then topple them, if you'd be cursed.
I make Spellcrafts!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109135 on: September 10, 2016, 08:07:18 pm »

I think Jesus' was more a god sacrificing itself for its worshippers.

Or everyone, if you believe the stories.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109136 on: September 10, 2016, 08:56:30 pm »

One of my housemates was apparently arrested this morning for missing his court appearance for the third time in a row.
He possibly missed it due to staying up all night filling out paperwork in an attempt to sue the council for the time he crashed his pushbike down a storm drain and injured his back... whilst drunk... and on his way to buy drugs in the middle of the night. Uh. Of course from what I'm told he left out the last part. :P   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109137 on: September 10, 2016, 09:09:13 pm »

Wish him luck.

... it sounds like he's going to bloody need it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109138 on: September 11, 2016, 05:09:47 am »

Sadly, people in DF don't react interestingly when handed the corpse of their deity.

Yet.
One wheel short of a wagon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109139 on: September 11, 2016, 09:58:32 am »

There is a food called meat floss. It is apparently basically cotton candy... except made of pork.

Looks like pulled pork, it seems. Kinda' want to try it now that I know it exists. Finely shredded dried pork with a bit of sugar and soy sauce (which is apparently the roughly default seasoning) sounds nice.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 7274 7275 [7276] 7277 7278 ... 10988