Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 910 911 [912] 913 914 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3761274 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We shouldn't be doing this battle at all when we're on a tight schedule!
Fair enough then, as all of this is hypothetical at this point anyway.
And if ffs doesn't want us to keep retrying until we get something we like, he shouldn't give us crappy weapons.
In your proposed scenario, 200d1 is far from being a 'crappy weapon'.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

*surprised nobody brought up the date I posted that on*
...?

And if ffs doesn't want us to keep retrying until we get something we like, he shouldn't give us crappy weapons.
It's a random number I chose. I don't think we're ever going to have a weapon capable of dealing damage in the multiple dozens (except on opponents weak to that kind of damage), let alone hundreds.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

April fools
It's FEF, not FEOF

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's a random number I chose. I don't think we're ever going to have a weapon capable of dealing damage in the multiple dozens (except on opponents weak to that kind of damage), let alone hundreds.
The exact numbers are unimportant. My point is that you still would re-absorb it and try for something else, as it isn't very useful in this case, and complain about being given useless weapons when asked for an excuse for farming for one you like.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

April fools
No, really? I'm just trying to figure out the connection between the sprite sheet and an April Fool's joke.

The exact numbers are unimportant. My point is that you still would re-absorb it and try for something else, as it isn't very useful in this case, and complain about being given useless weapons when asked for an excuse for farming for one you like.
I'm not sure what, exactly, you're saying, but it seems to involve a lot of insulting me for actions you assume I'll take in the future.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

It may be, or it may not be, Darvi was just surprised that nobody thought he was posting it as a joke to make us think he was working on something he wasn't. Whether he is or not is still up in the air
It's FEF, not FEOF

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure what, exactly, you're saying, but it seems to involve a lot of insulting me for actions you assume I'll take in the future.
Not an assumption, an educated guess based on what you've previously said:
Solution: Wait a turn between Bloodshaping and Arena-ing. If it's a 200d1 weapon or something, we can resorb and reshape another.
And if you consider my words to be insulting, I apologise, I didn't intend for them to be so. Perhaps we should leave this, as we appear to not really be understanding what each other means.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd say the biggest word you screwed yourself with was the "complain" part.
Sig

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd say the biggest word you screwed yourself with was the "complain" part.

Again, an educated guess:
Although this one is a bit more on the 'guess' side, I admit.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just saying...ffs knows his players. If he gives us a weapon with too little bang for the buck, he knows we'll resorb it. If we're working on a strategy which requires a semi-specific weapon, he should know we're going to make a somewhat different one if the weapon is subpar. Therefore, if he doesn't want us to do that, he should avoid giving us useless weapons.
Simple.
Sig

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

GM integrity is a pretty massive value of his, so deviating from his law of randomization and tables and not railroading is pretty unlikely.
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think he has any tables for these things.
Sig

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Sorry for the confusion twas a generalized statement about the game in general, but the point is that he's not gonna make things easier for us for the sake of speeding things up.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Our Bloodshape attempts have only been marginally specific so far ("A shotgun") so we don't know just how specific we can get.  I rather think we could get something fairly specific if we rolled well AND knew what to ask for.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 910 911 [912] 913 914 ... 1544