Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Vintage Story - Better than TerafirmaCraft!  (Read 28118 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Story - Better than TerafirmaCraft!
« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2024, 05:29:37 pm »

I've started this up again, I'm on the (very lightly modded) Vintage Life PvE server in the event anyone's up for joining me. Next to some cool looking mountains with a sort of wedding cake shape and a few hot springs.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 25, 2024, 05:48:11 am »

I had another go with the game last year. Really happy to see they added a version that cuts out the fantasy elements and goes for straight up survival.

I was hoping to play on a nice cold map for an extra challenge, but at the time it stopped any bullrushes from spawning, which broke the tech tree. I wonder if they've fixed / are going to fix this issue.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 25, 2024, 01:29:58 pm »

You can always scavenge reeds from ruins.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 25, 2024, 01:38:56 pm »

Personally I'd rather they lean harder into the fantasy elements. Currently it seems a bit half-baked, and I can only assume that's because most of it is placeholder stuff while they get the survival gameplay down. Of course, they did release a story update but I haven't experienced that yet, so I can't really comment on that.

The last game I played I settled down in a spot that actually had a lot of resources that I've never played with before, including a salt dome exposed by a natural cave right near my house and an iron mine not too far off. It's a shame I'll unlikely get that lucky with picking a base location again... on the other hand every other time I've played I found bees relatively easily but I resorted to cheating to find a beehive in that game.

Oh, and one of the chunks was kinda fucked when it generated, being in perpetual darkness with no flora unless I stood in it and did some kind of console command.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 26, 2024, 01:35:40 am »

Okay I'm actually giving this game an honest shot and it's awesome. It somehow recaptures the novelty which Minecraft had for me in the beginning. The in-game guides are solid, and discovering stuff as I go has been great.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: Today at 10:59:59 am »

Personally what I'm looking forward to is the expansion of mechanical power. I hope it gets a Minecraft-esque modding scene too with all the massive mods that add all sorts to it. Base game can't add stuff that's thematically inappropriate but fun really, which is why mods doing stuff like adding electrical power works.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: Today at 12:53:01 pm »

In terms of mechanical power one of the things I was hoping for was that you'd be able to use it to make high tier stuff and maybe simple electronics of some kind eventually. Or to be able to make clocks at least. I've been wanted to build a house with a clock tower for a while now (when I eventually get back into the game and make good progress) and it's a shame that the hands on said clock will only be correct twice a day.

As for mods, they really should implement that mods that allows you to copy and paste your chiseling projects.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: Today at 03:30:47 pm »

I hope it gets a Minecraft-esque modding scene too with all the massive mods that add all sorts to it.
it's got a [relatively] active modding scene, though it lacks in "massive" mods.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]