Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 8: Tourism  (Read 14480 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 3: it begins
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2015, 02:22:01 pm »

Alexander heads to the shower, cleans up, and then dresses, somewhat perturbed at the rather terse answers given, combined with the repeated reminders to remain calm. Why is it, he thought, that the more often someone tells one to remain calm, the less calm one becomes? Perhaps it's because it's usually an indicator that something disastrous has or is about to happen. Our luggage didn't exactly arrive safely, they said ... and the scientists are nowhere to be found. Now that is alarming.

Dressed, Alexander nervously fidgets while waiting for the others and preparing to go.
Come on guys, let's ... let's go. I don't like this. I wanna know what's going on. Maybe we can still go home. I wanna see my dad.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2015, 05:02:44 pm »

Jeremiah realizes that right now isn't the time to write lyrics. He changes quickly and follows the group (if they're even going anywhere)!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 2
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2015, 03:42:41 pm »

Lucy drops to the floor, coughing for a moment, then wipes goo from her eyes and covers herself with her hands.
After a moment's confused hesitation, peering around at the unfamiliar surroundings and listening to the others speaking, she heads over to grab some clothing. As she hurriedly struggles into some of the drab grey outfit, she mutters darkly to herself, "Nice going, Ophelia... you should have known this was a bad idea from the get-go. Stupid."

She can't muster up too much anger for herself, though- she's too busy being frightened by these developments. 
Once dressed, warily watching the others, she will head for the showers.

"Hopefully they at least have more than one shower," she remarks in a louder voice, although still mostly to herself.

Wipe goo from eyes, quickly clothe myself, and then make a beeline for the showers, skirting the room to avoid the others.
If there is an unoccupied shower and it seems safe (i.e; the door closes and locks), take a shower then change back into these clothes.
Keep an eye on these other people whatever happens- try and work out how unhinged they seem before letting my guard down.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 2
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2015, 04:48:20 pm »

Lucy drops to the floor, coughing for a moment, then wipes goo from her eyes and covers herself with her hands.
After a moment's confused hesitation, peering around at the unfamiliar surroundings and listening to the others speaking, she heads over to grab some clothing. As she hurriedly struggles into some of the drab grey outfit, she mutters darkly to herself, "Nice going, Ophelia... you should have known this was a bad idea from the get-go. Stupid."

She can't muster up too much anger for herself, though- she's too busy being frightened by these developments. 
Once dressed, warily watching the others, she will head for the showers.

"Hopefully they at least have more than one shower," she remarks in a louder voice, although still mostly to herself.

Wipe goo from eyes, quickly clothe myself, and then make a beeline for the showers, skirting the room to avoid the others.
If there is an unoccupied shower and it seems safe (i.e; the door closes and locks), take a shower then change back into these clothes.
Keep an eye on these other people whatever happens- try and work out how unhinged they seem before letting my guard down.

The showers, to your relief, do indeed come with doors and locks. You and Alexander each take a seperate shower room and clean off the green gunk. Once done, you don the grey clothes and slippers. You notice the slippers are, in contrast to the shirt and shorts, bright pink.

Once back in the room you woke up in you see that everyone but terrance has cleaned themselves of the goo with varying degrees of succes. 

As for how unhinged they seem, well...The touristy guy seems to have gone catatonic, which doesn't seem really strange in ths situation. The Nerd and the Rocker have both scraped themselves of the goo, though both of them seem awfully relaxed. Honestly, that dancer Alexender seems to have the most appropriate reaction of all of them in this situation. Namely mild to moderate amounts of panic coupled with a healthy amount of distrust. The narrator in your head puts the chances of being in the same room with dangerous psychopaths and/or rapists at about 22.3 percent, given the information at hand.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2015, 03:01:49 am »

Terrance wakes up from his near-catatonic state.
Hm? Oh, where are we? Is this France? he says, apparently not fully awake. He looks around, adjusting his white-rimmed sunglasses.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2015, 03:54:10 pm »

Terrance wakes up from his near-catatonic state.
Hm? Oh, where are we? Is this France? he says, apparently not fully awake. He looks around, adjusting his white-rimmed sunglasses.
The female voice answer your questions through the speakers.

"You are in the pod monitoring room. Yes, this facility is based in France. Please do not panic."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2015, 07:34:17 pm »

Okay, so, uh ... can we go now? What about our luggage?

Follow the employee person's instructions and head out to the lobby or whatever. try not to panic.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2015, 12:49:56 am »

I get up and leave the building.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Normality

• Bay Watcher
  • Whats an Avatar?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2015, 05:07:53 am »

((Sorry for no activity, been very busy.))

Leroy attempts to leave the building, attempting also not to panic.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2015, 03:31:42 am »

Attempt to locate my luggage. Keep a wary eye on the others.

((Sorry, I'm feeling unwell and can't think of RP. Just didn't want to hold things up any longer.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2015, 04:21:50 am »

Is there a waitlist?
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2015, 08:42:39 am »

Is there a waitlist?
There sure is, though I haven't put it under the playerlist yet. Feel free to make a character so you can jump in when one of the players has an unfortunate holiday accident.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2015, 06:31:15 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 10:44:59 pm by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 4: EVA
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2015, 02:19:39 pm »

-Episode 4: EVA-

I get up and leave the building.
((Sorry for no activity, been very busy.))

Leroy attempts to leave the building, attempting also not to panic.
Attempt to locate my luggage. Keep a wary eye on the others.

((Sorry, I'm feeling unwell and can't think of RP. Just didn't want to hold things up any longer.))
Okay, so, uh ... can we go now? What about our luggage?

Follow the employee person's instructions and head out to the lobby or whatever. try not to panic.

The four of you drag Terrance along and open the door of the pod monitoring room. The door slides open automatically as you approach it, and you find a small robot waiting for you. It's about two feet tall and little more than a round casing with a large camera eye, four legs that end in small wheels and two graspers. IT starts off down the hallway, and you follow it. A few twists and turns later, you enter an empty lobby. The place is squeaky clean, not a speck of dust to be found. But it's empty, seriously so. The magazines are neatly stacked on the small table and the six chairs look spotless. It's all a bit too perfect, as if someone put it all up exactly like they wanted and then never touched it again.

Jeremiah and Leroy immediately try to exit the building, but the large metal doors won't budge. As they rattle the doorknobs, the group is startled by a sudden loud humming noise coming from the far end of the lobby. There, behind a reception desk, the image of a woman is taking form out of thin air. The humming becomes less noticeable once she has completely formed, a semi transparant hologram of a young woman in a labcoat.

"Please do not panic. My name is EVA, I oversee the functioning of this facility. The drones have brought whatever luggage has arrived to this lobby. I'm afraid only your clothing and whatever you had in your carry-on bags made it here. Please make sure you have everything you need before you attempt to leave. I will be happy to assist you in any way I can and answer all of your questions. You have spent considerable time in stasis, so you must have many. Please, try to stay calm."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 4: EVA
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2015, 03:45:46 pm »

Considerable? C-considerable? H-h-h-h-how l-l-l-long?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8