Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6655 6656 [6657] 6658 6659 ... 13314

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14908091 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99840 on: February 23, 2013, 01:07:28 pm »

Happy birthday to me! :D

I have a big cake now.
Happy Birthday Sky
I made this haiku for you
Now give me some cake

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99841 on: February 23, 2013, 01:11:41 pm »

This cool demo made me pretty happy today: http://workshop.chromeexperiments.com/stars/
I wish it linked farther stars descriptions but still it's pure awesomeness. And i feel sudden urge to play some space sim after playing with it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #99842 on: February 23, 2013, 01:28:10 pm »

This cool demo made me pretty happy today: http://workshop.chromeexperiments.com/stars/
I wish it linked farther stars descriptions but still it's pure awesomeness. And i feel sudden urge to play some space sim after playing with it.

This seems like a good place to ask: Why does stuff in space act like space is in 2d instead of 3d? Why spheres instead of circles?

That is awesome though.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99843 on: February 23, 2013, 01:29:26 pm »

Merry Birthmas, Sky! Enjoy your cake!

Also, Antur, that stellar map is freaking amazing. Reminds me of the wonder I felt as a child, on my first trip to a planetarium. Being reminded of the scale and beauty of the universe always makes me feel better, for some reason.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #99844 on: February 23, 2013, 01:32:52 pm »

Merry Birthmas, Sky! Enjoy your cake!

Also, Antur, that stellar map is freaking amazing. Reminds me of the wonder I felt as a child, on my first trip to a planetarium. Being reminded of the scale and beauty of the universe always makes me feel better, for some reason.
Wouldn't it just be Merry Skymas?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #99845 on: February 23, 2013, 01:47:02 pm »

This seems like a good place to ask: Why does stuff in space act like space is in 2d instead of 3d? Why spheres instead of circles?

That is awesome though.
Gravity, momentum, and interactions. When you've got a large quantity of stuff with more or less random velocities, that with low velocity will fall into the center. That with high velocity will continue orbiting. If there is a bias towards 1 spin direction, interactions between the stuff will tend to even out more random velocities into a stable configuration (as demonstrated quite nicely in some of the Osmos gravity/orbit levels). 2 orbital planes intersecting isn't a stable configuration, and to have more than 1 orbital plane requires intersection. The exception to this is where the orbitals have different start and end radii, and so don't really interact significantly. Or if you look at it as a more coherent whole (which the averaging effect of the interactions tends to turn it into), over the long term it's basically the result of angular momentum flattening out the spheres into thin disks oriented with spin direction.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #99846 on: February 23, 2013, 02:03:19 pm »

Thanks for the congrats :D

Ithink I'll try making an n-body simulation to test that out. A bunch of particles with random velocities, attracted by gravity. :S I am reasonably sure I can handle up to ... erm... 1024 particles. :D
... I need to figure out octrees or quadtrees. :/

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #99847 on: February 23, 2013, 02:10:18 pm »

Happy birthday to me! :D

I have a big cake now.
Happy birthday, Sky!
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #99848 on: February 23, 2013, 02:19:58 pm »

Had 15 minutes of a nap.

Feeling better than after 8 hours of sleep.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #99849 on: February 23, 2013, 02:31:01 pm »

Well it's my birthday today, probably going to have some friends over and play some of the Warhammer 40k RPG systems. Should be fun.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99850 on: February 23, 2013, 02:35:48 pm »

My birthday cake!

Also, power cycling saves the day! My computer is fixed.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #99851 on: February 23, 2013, 03:20:12 pm »

Had 15 minutes of a nap.

Feeling better than after 8 hours of sleep.
Err, that's real nice for you, but I don't think anyone rea--

Oh, 'nap'.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #99852 on: February 23, 2013, 03:22:46 pm »

Remember to always nap in the privacy of your bedroom, kids.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99853 on: February 23, 2013, 03:52:41 pm »

None of us are interested in your napping habits. I think.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99854 on: February 23, 2013, 04:18:43 pm »

He's not greatorder, guys. Unless they're both Pathos.

Also, happy birthday to Bd and Sky.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 6655 6656 [6657] 6658 6659 ... 13314