Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 963135 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #1770 on: September 19, 2015, 08:42:40 am »

But about 10% of IG are women. I don't know what's the proportions of Kriegers women being sterile, but surely not that much?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1771 on: September 19, 2015, 08:45:01 am »

Is not the inabitily of women to make good soldiers (they can be as every bit as good as any men)
Testosterone is a natural anabolic steroid and men are born with 3 times as much of it m8
There's a reason why militaries that don't lower standards are overwhelmingly men, doubly so for elite regiments which keep operational standards equal between men and women.

I just figure it's pointless to try and make a point of it or anything, since it's just immediately obvious. I like the fluff, I look for ways to make it work that aren't utterly sexist in and of themselves(which may contain 'The Imperium is a sexist place', but that fits with the setting being grimdark).
I think it's hilarious to look at a theocratic apocalyptic imperial pan-galactic voodoo Rome and argue about how progressive its policy is in equal opportunity to die standing
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone gets to die together
Bear in mind as well that that Guardsman must be around 6"2 to be shoulder height with to see eye to pauldron with spehss marine.

Whether that means 'Space skellingtons are skellingtons; who knows how many Overlords are female, nothing says their society was patriarchal, maybe the Dragon is even feminine'
r34 m8

or 'Why are we talking about tyranids and sexism again?'
Is this real

it's mostly a matter of '40% of Kriegs Corps regiments are actually sterile women who say that they're men because their society is fucked up so they're ashamed to be female without being able to reproduce and they wear so much shit no one could tell anyway'.
Kriegers are irradiated to hell and only reproduce through cloning vats and live to die for the Imperium, they have zero individuality and no names and are eternally atoning for their planetary ancestral brethren who rebelled
u
wot
m8

But about 10% of IG are women. I don't know what's the proportions of Kriegers women being sterile, but surely not that much?
Their entire population is infertile due to nuclear apocalypse

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1772 on: September 19, 2015, 09:01:42 am »

cloning vats
It's kinda implied that their cloning vats are wombs, with or without women attached.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1773 on: September 19, 2015, 02:08:06 pm »

My guess is artificial wombs, or servitor wombs considering the mechanicus love kriegies

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: September 19, 2015, 02:14:31 pm »

Now I want to write up a planet that gives a tithe of noble women only after some crafty wordplay five thousand years ago made the requirement firstborn maidens because the Governor was tired of all his heirs getting killed. Fast forward and everyone is against it because by now there's a population cliff but the original proclamation had a drop of Girlyman's blood on it or something so they can't do anything without getting virus bombed.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 02:16:23 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1775 on: September 19, 2015, 02:25:02 pm »

Oh I also found this thing, they do more specialized minis including a wide selection of female models that are not!guardsmen with not!40k bits. Not at all :D

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: September 19, 2015, 09:20:29 pm »

My guess is artificial wombs, or servitor wombs considering the mechanicus love kriegies

I don't think the fluff actually says, but it's speculated that yes, it's just banks of detached wombs impregnated via in vitro fertilization.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: September 19, 2015, 09:23:18 pm »

I like to believe that it's more of a crazy Daemonculaba deal, like they're just vats of human blood purified into stem cells and then full-grown humans.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: September 19, 2015, 09:24:53 pm »

Now I want to write up a planet that gives a tithe of noble women only after some crafty wordplay five thousand years ago made the requirement firstborn maidens because the Governor was tired of all his heirs getting killed. Fast forward and everyone is against it because by now there's a population cliff but the original proclamation had a drop of Girlyman's blood on it or something so they can't do anything without getting virus bombed.
Population cliff for the nobles, maybe. :P And really, it just means you gotta have more than one daughter.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: September 19, 2015, 09:31:13 pm »

Population cliff for the nobles, maybe. :P And really, it just means you gotta have more than one daughter.
It's...err...it's a Paradise World, they're all nobles.
No Gods, No Masters.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: September 19, 2015, 09:37:19 pm »

Question: If Khorne is the strongest of all the Chaos gods then why does he not get off his throne and punch Slaanesh in the face? I mean he wants to so why not? Can he not get up from the throne or something?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: September 19, 2015, 09:39:17 pm »

He did that when slaanesh was first born.
As for now... Who knows. Maybe he can't find them?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: September 19, 2015, 09:43:56 pm »

Khorne doesn't live in the Warp, He lives in your heart. Your bloody, bloody heart.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: September 19, 2015, 09:46:39 pm »

khorne can't get off his throne because he's secretly the emperor

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: September 19, 2015, 09:47:48 pm »

... I mean, I guess khorne could get up and take a swing, but what exactly would that accomplish? Nurgle doesn't give a shit*, slaanesh likes it and asks for another, tzeentch just kinda' blinks as khorne decks some random planet on the other side of the galaxy, impy just decks 'im back and it rapidly degrades into bloody panpsychic manlove. Who knows what all the other ones do, if khorne can even find them to swing at. Strength isn't everything, no matter how much mr. flakes claims it is.

*Or worse, does, and do you really think blood showers are going to wash out nurglite backwash? Ain't nobody want to deal with that.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 09:50:19 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 824