Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964414 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #3840 on: April 20, 2016, 06:19:28 am »

Damn... Well played.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3841 on: April 21, 2016, 07:31:28 am »

BETTER TO DIE FOR THE EMPEROR THAN LIVE FOR YOURSELF.
Tindalos Interactive - bringing back awesome into Imperial Navy since 2016.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: April 21, 2016, 07:44:22 am »

Must... get... credit card...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3843 on: April 21, 2016, 07:57:04 am »

I wonder what the second secret pre-order fleet is. I belive Tau, Necrons and Tyranids and so on might come in expansions, possibly Eastern Fringe expansion, complete with more ships for everyone (since some are Segmentum fleet exclusives). Maybe Mechanicus fleet?

Also I totally hope that there will be more ships, like Grand Cruisers for Imperium (they would be basically Chaos ships but still in Imperial service and possible to get at high level) and other numerous versions of ships. Also more variety between weapons, giving more payloads to torpedoes making them actually useful and so on. I also hope the game will generate more fluff for spaceships, since Imperium is the faction that has been focused on the most and have the most ships, but factions like Chaos, Tau and Eldar might get a bit lacking in that department after a while. Orks are basically scratch built anyway, so they can just add more ships and options when needed.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: April 21, 2016, 12:06:47 pm »

Good that's awesome! I which I could buy it, or have a computer to run it smoothly, I barely get to minimum specs.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3845 on: April 21, 2016, 12:21:52 pm »

It's...
Dissapointing?
The relase is horrendously bugged. Like, most of the bugs from previous alphas are still in, the stability is horrible as usual and so on.
EDIT:
Arguably, it could be worse. It could be a mobile game... though I dunno what I really expected. The game is still great but I wouldn't call it full one.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 12:30:41 pm by Kot »

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: April 21, 2016, 12:59:45 pm »

My reaction to that line was to squeal and faint.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: April 21, 2016, 01:49:25 pm »

I wonder what the second secret pre-order fleet is. I belive Tau, Necrons and Tyranids and so on might come in expansions, possibly Eastern Fringe expansion, complete with more ships for everyone (since some are Segmentum fleet exclusives). Maybe Mechanicus fleet?

Also I totally hope that there will be more ships, like Grand Cruisers for Imperium (they would be basically Chaos ships but still in Imperial service and possible to get at high level) and other numerous versions of ships. Also more variety between weapons, giving more payloads to torpedoes making them actually useful and so on. I also hope the game will generate more fluff for spaceships, since Imperium is the faction that has been focused on the most and have the most ships, but factions like Chaos, Tau and Eldar might get a bit lacking in that department after a while. Orks are basically scratch built anyway, so they can just add more ships and options when needed.
Tau have two fleets (Kor'O'Vesh and Kor'Vattra), so we should be good on that front. Chaos has always been the second focus, next to the Imperium, so they should be fine. Eldar have corsairs, craftworld, and dark to choose from, so they should be fine.

Speaking off which,  how do you think they'll handle Tau torpedoes?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: April 21, 2016, 02:09:56 pm »

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3849 on: April 21, 2016, 03:23:56 pm »

I AM VERY BOTHERED.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: April 21, 2016, 03:37:11 pm »

What is that Kot?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: April 21, 2016, 03:42:21 pm »

Steam card for Battlefleet Gothica
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3852 on: April 21, 2016, 03:46:35 pm »

It's the Terminus Est, flagship of Death Guard, which is a DESPOILER-class Battleship (well, not exactly, but it's basically the same thing since Despoiler was based on Terminus Est, you could say it's the first ship of that class, maybe even a prototype) and looks like this, nearly the same as Nurgle favour Despoiler Battleship in game.
The ship portrayed on the card is a Nurgle favour DESOLATOR-class Battleship.
Note the prow. They done fucked up.

Steam card for Battlefleet Gothica
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. Don't make me *BLAM* You.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: April 22, 2016, 03:53:58 pm »

Gothicfleeta: Battlemada it is then!
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3854 on: April 22, 2016, 04:00:30 pm »

*EXTERNAL SCREAMING*
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 824