Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 963163 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #4905 on: July 12, 2016, 05:05:19 pm »

It took this long before we finally got a joke where Inquisitor Oak has to catch them all
I was impressed with the author's resolve

Someone called the Eldar the good guys? L.O.L.

They're willing to do whatever it takes to save their race, even more so than humanity. Eldar are the definition of self-interest in 40k.
Dark Eldar are totally good guys, come on. Good guys don't back down when faced with Evil (in this case, Slaanesh).
Dark Eldar are legit refugees hiding from a scary Universe
40k is so fucked that's not even a lie

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: July 12, 2016, 05:34:12 pm »

Oh wow tau vs impies again, everyone loves endless cries of "Fascist!" "Species Traitor!" echoing off the quote pyramids.

When Tau were introduced they were Shiny anime Good Guys. Then GW realised that having unambiguously good inclusiveness diplomacy aliens in a setting all about the horrors mankind inflicts upon itself to save itself from extinction was moronic. Cue the mind-control and eugenics and shit.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4907 on: July 12, 2016, 05:37:53 pm »

>GW realizing anything is moronic
pick 0

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4908 on: July 12, 2016, 06:04:14 pm »

Imperium has art. My point was that it is so few and far between that it may as well be nonexistent. The Tau have more room for art. They don't have to cut away all frivolity in the baseline attempt to survive. There's still room for all the things we find beautiful, because they're winning and expanding.
Have you ever seen Tau art though? I am honestly curious but I don't think I had, outside of fan art.

And I don't identify with genetics. I would rather save an elephant than a baboon, despite having more similar genetic code to the baboon. I do not place value on a person for their species. Place value on a person because they are a person. There is value in humanity, but not in the Imperium itself. The best possible result would be it's replacement. Preferably by some combination of humanity led by resurrected Emperor, Tau (with or without Ethereals depends on a lot of things), and Eldar. Empy would probably get along alright with them. Bigger things to worry about, at the very least.
I don't really identify with genetics either. Both elephant and baboon are identically irrelevant when it comes to human, and if there is no human in the whole situation then it doesn't make sense because I literally have no reason to kill either.
Also, God Emperor wouldn't really get along alright with them. Eldar, maybe, as long as they would take their heads out of their asses, but Tau Ethereals are literally mind-controlling alien monsters from outer space, there is no way Emperor would allow them to do that.

I like humanity for the things we do, the way we act. Not for it's own sake. If you sacrifice merely so that others, too, can sacrifice, then it is become pointless, as you have given up the very thing you were trying to preserve.
Humans can't do and can't act if there is no humans, though, and survival, especially in the Grim Darkness of Far Future, is an art in itself.

Humanity does not go extinct within the Empire. It survives as an auxiliary race, one which is free of the overwhelming neural oppression of the Imperium, capable of all the things I value. If you value sacrifice and glory more, that is your prerogative. But this is mine.
Humanity might not go extinct within the Empire but they would surely become extinct with the Empire.

Plus, we do Emperor's vision better than you ever did, Greater Good makes no Chaos God
And Humanity does Greater Good better than Tau ever did. "All sentient beings should strive to ensure the greatest good for the greatest number of beings in the galaxy"? Well, sorry if I am missing something, but humans strive (which is something you hate them for) to ensure the greatest good for the greatest number of beings in the Galaxy, which is Imperium. You may say that they got it wrong because they murder Xenos, but on the other hand I belive Tau have declared a few other races lost causes too, the only difference is that Imperium has much more experience.
And yeah, there is high chance that Tau Ethereals are actually a part of Chaos/Eldar/Whatever conspiracy. Inteligent leader cows just don't appear out of thin air.

Oh wow tau vs impies again, everyone loves endless cries of "Fascist!" "Species Traitor!" echoing off the quote pyramids.
Shhh, it's okay. We will protect you from the greater horros of Tau'va with our walls of text and quotes.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4909 on: July 12, 2016, 06:21:20 pm »

All arguments are irrelevant because the Imperium will let you serve as a shitposter even in death
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: July 12, 2016, 06:26:35 pm »

Btw guys all guardsman party got updated

Got a link? Maybe my google-fu is just too weak but I'm not seeing it anywhere.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: July 12, 2016, 06:26:49 pm »

Same
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4912 on: July 12, 2016, 06:29:20 pm »

http://www.theallguardsmenparty.com/
Updated a month ago, but I only just noticed now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: July 12, 2016, 07:10:46 pm »

Aw, I thought you meant it updated today. Now I only have the Emperor to comfort me through the cold night.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: July 12, 2016, 07:11:37 pm »

Holy shit that Tau stuff went on for 4 more pages???????

The thread does that every 3 to 6 months.

have the Emperor to comfort me through the cold night.

Gonna warn you, I hear he doesn't put out.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: July 12, 2016, 07:20:18 pm »

If you're pretending to be a human in WH40K you may as well be pretending to be an Ork, who are the only ones who get to be happy.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4916 on: July 12, 2016, 07:21:08 pm »

You remember how Emperor was suprised that any of his... partners survived and that he actually has kids?
Good luck dude.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: July 12, 2016, 07:21:41 pm »

If you're pretending to be a human in WH40K you may as well be pretending to be an Ork, who are the only ones who get to be happy.
Orks are xenos, they don't know what happiness is.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: July 12, 2016, 07:43:48 pm »

Orks are xenos, they don't know what happiness is.
Nah, I'm pretty sure they do. See, happy humans means emotions which means food for Chaos. So be as unemotional as possible!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: July 12, 2016, 07:54:29 pm »

None of this would have happened if you primitives hadn't abandoned the Imperial Truth.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 824