Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 963135 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K thread: from the Warp it cameth forth: Plot Advancement.
« Reply #8355 on: February 15, 2017, 02:31:02 pm »

But they are an army of Rambos essentially, and he goes well on posters we all know that.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: February 15, 2017, 02:34:03 pm »

But they are an army of Rambos essentially, and he goes well on posters we all know that.

So strip the sleeves off a Krieg uniform and tie a bandana around the gas mask. *claps the dust off his hands*
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: February 15, 2017, 02:37:20 pm »

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the guard's posterboy remains the Cadians, just based off wherever the survivors resettle.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8358 on: February 15, 2017, 05:07:03 pm »

Cadians go and settle thousands of planets. There are dozens of Cadia-style Regiments. Cadians have been poster-boys for always.
It's going to be Cadians, just grimdarker.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: February 15, 2017, 05:08:01 pm »

Cadians go and settle thousands of planets. There are dozens of Cadia-style Regiments. Cadians have been poster-boys for always.
It's going to be Cadians, just grimdarker.
So generic knock-off Cadians?

"Which regiment do we deploy in warzone #135738?"
"Those guys that look like cadians but aren't."
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8360 on: February 15, 2017, 05:10:27 pm »

Nah, I suspect the main ones will remain, just with "Tanith First-And-Only" twist that they lost their homeworld. There are tons of Cadian regiments out there. While they didin't produce as many as Krieg, they produced them for a bit while longer and they left a mark everywhere, so you're way more likely to see Cadian-style Guardsmen than any other. I mean, it's because they're Poster-Boys, but it's explained in-Universe that way. This is why basically all regiments we have seen in games at this point were Cadians.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: February 15, 2017, 05:57:04 pm »

Well and Cadians are, visually, just like every other non-descript guard regiment.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/d/d6/Whiteshield_Trooper.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20120628055426

This guy could be a Cadian, or any one of 10,000 generic regiments. That's why they work. That's why Krieg and Catachans and everyone else aren't poster boys, they're look and schtick is too specific. Now Cadians are metal as fuck, but the casual observer of 40k doesn't need to know that. They just need to see the uniform, the lasgun and an expression that says "If I could die more than once for the Emperor, I'D FUCKING DO IT IN A HEARTBEAT."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 06:28:46 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: February 15, 2017, 06:01:27 pm »

Now that cadia has become swiss chaos flavoured cheese, does that mean there's no more Kasrkin :C?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8363 on: February 15, 2017, 06:26:38 pm »

Now that cadia has become swiss chaos flavoured cheese, does that mean there's no more Kasrkin :C?

No, it means the Karskin there are, are just that more badass.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8364 on: February 15, 2017, 07:39:45 pm »

Wouldn't be Catachans. They're infamous for their non-regulation tactics and attitude. Wouldn't do for 40k to have your poster boy for the IG actively thumbing its nose at its strictures.
That would give more leeway for making your dudes your dudes

Well and Cadians are, visually, just like every other non-descript guard regiment.
They have violet eyes from too much warp gazing

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: February 15, 2017, 09:18:12 pm »

It would actually be pretty great if they made one of the abhuman regiments the posterboys.  :P

Ogryn and Ratling units are drawn from regiments entirely composed of their own kind whose squads are seconded to other regiments, with the exception of one Ogryn regiment fielded all at once as a giant fuck you to the enemy at the time, so there's no real reason you couldn't make the posterboys be the 'Gurian III Dumb Brutes Ogryn Regiment.'  :D

Also, I really want to see an Ogryn unit attached to a Rough Rider regiment sometime. Ogryn riding Grox (ill tempered omnivorous dinosaur like lizards used in most of the Imperium as a replacement for cattle, fully grown they're about the size of stegosaurs) or a similar large beast would be pretty damn scary.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: February 16, 2017, 11:01:31 am »

im honestly surprised that the Old Ones are the only ones who really made new species.

genetic modifying is kept on a pretty tigjt reign.  though chaos kind of fills that niche
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8367 on: February 16, 2017, 11:23:58 am »

It's because genetic modification tends to go horribly wrong. Afriel strain, the Cursed Founding, lots of smaller events and even the amount of defects that crop up in vat grown things like Cherubim and the larger servitor variants, all set a really bad precedent.

For context, the Afriel Strain are abhumans made by a super soldier program. The Mechanicus decided to take DNA from several of the greatest human champions ever and make new soldiers out of it with the idea being that they'd be the best soldiers ever. What wound up happening was they created a race of white haired abhumans with the worst luck in the entire galaxy. Everything they did was a disaster and nothing they tried could fix it, so they abandoned the scheme.

The Cursed Founding speaks for itself, having produced the most mutated and traitorous chapters of any founding.

Cherubim are prone to minor physical defects and neural quirks, partly from their genetically engineered origins, partly from the animal brains used to fill their empty skulls.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8368 on: February 16, 2017, 12:24:49 pm »

There is this oldcanon thing about how Necrons made Humans, but it gets people riled up for whatever reason. Tau might be Necron creation too.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: February 16, 2017, 12:29:42 pm »

Obviously humans are tyranid creations tho.
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 824