Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 963174 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

Derp, I completely forgot that iron halos were energy shields, and honestly forgot that refractor fields existed.  I'm a little surprised that they're not more prolific among the space marines though, since if they're easy enough to produce or source for IG officers you'd think they'd be common enough to issue to more than just elite veterans of the space marines.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile

Spice marns got that armor with it's own power field, which is pretty close to an energy shield anyways.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

Vacumm seamen energized protector suits have kinetic dampening energy fields?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Spice marns

That’s amazing. I know what I’m calling my Astartes player from now on.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

Bad North put out a beta for a new free update and its sooooo gooood.  Fixes so many game flow problems and adds a ton of variety.  Units have traits now, there's at least 4 more items, red shield dudes have been replaced by double sword wielding berserkers with a leap attack who seem to counter pikemen of all things (might still fail if the pikemen have the height advantage, haven't tested it).  Oh and you just have coins now and you can spend them however you want, speeds things up greatly.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

Bad North put out a beta for a new free update and its sooooo gooood.  Fixes so many game flow problems and adds a ton of variety.  Units have traits now, there's at least 4 more items, red shield dudes have been replaced by double sword wielding berserkers with a leap attack who seem to counter pikemen of all things (might still fail if the pikemen have the height advantage, haven't tested it).  Oh and you just have coins now and you can spend them however you want, speeds things up greatly.
Whut?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Whut?
"Bad North"
Sounds like a crappy, intellectually challenged offshoot of the Space Wolves.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

but space wolves are already crappy and intellectually challenged
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile

That's why they are now the Space Corgis, we've been over that before.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

I dunno what this game is but now I kind of want to find out.

unless that was his plan all along
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile

It's an RTS with cute little units where you try to defend a small island from invading vikings.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Eh, I already have kingdoms and castles.
Oh god it’s overwatch and battleborn all over again.

I mean, uh. Fun fact, terminator armor’s invulnerable save wasn’t actually due to a power field, but because the armor is thick enough/adamantium plated in places.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

I've also read that it was caused by Space Magic from the crux terminatus, since it contained some of the Emperor's armor.

But yes, having the armor just be insanely tough makes more sense as a reason for the invulnerable save.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I had a lengthy dream last night about playing a first person shooter, large scale Space Marine game where we were fighting off both Tyranids and Dark Eldar at the same time in a three way battle. Complete with Thunderhawk gunship gameplay. Best part was sprinting directly at the enemy with a heavy bolter while laying down fire. Then I woke up and realized it was a dream and was a little sad.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile

I had a lengthy dream last night about playing a first person shooter, large scale Space Marine game where we were fighting off both Tyranids and Dark Eldar at the same time in a three way battle. Complete with Thunderhawk gunship gameplay. Best part was sprinting directly at the enemy with a heavy bolter while laying down fire. Then I woke up and realized it was a dream and was a little sad.

ive had this same dream, but as a guardsman with Valkyries instead of thunderhawks, using incredible amounts of ammo and dying horribly at the end.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.
Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 824