Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10387 10388 [10389] 10390 10391 ... 13314

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14893136 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Ah...
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the kickstarter for?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Yes, there is a typo, hadn't noticed that before since I never actually looked at that corner of the image properly.

Also no, these are two different dudes, one has three eyes the other just two ^^

And it's for a tabletop (or P&P) RPG system with a neat little world built for it, i mostly did the creature designs (there aren't that many of them but they were still very fun to do).

In any case, not to spam anywhere, there's a link in my sig now so those curious can check it out ^^
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Nehrim
Had never heard of this before. Have now checked it out.
I like.

However I don't like the massive disparagement of the Oblivion XP system. I personally really like 'Get better at it as you use it' - style RPGs (Dwarf Fortress, Runescape, etc).
It's my fave system and I really want to find a modern RPG with it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Today is a good day.
Why?
BECAUSE I SAID DAMMIT
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Runescape
Dagnabbit, now I want to fire up my Old-School account again and get to work on becoming competent again.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Aaah, Runescape. Or, as I called it, "This is strangely fun" sim. We had a friggin' guidebook for RuneScape in my schools library! WITH A MAP!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Aaah, Runescape. Or, as I called it, "This is strangely fun" sim. We had a friggin' guidebook for RuneScape in my schools library! WITH A MAP!
Lemonpie posted a thread a while back about their 2007-era rebooted servers, so I went and joined again. Figured I'd go member if I was having enough fun after I beat, maybe, Vampire Slayer?

I am now level 21 and my character vaguely resembles some kind of horrifically low-res Edgeworth.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Xantalos sigged me.

However I don't like the massive disparagement of the Oblivion XP system. I personally really like 'Get better at it as you use it' - style RPGs (Dwarf Fortress, Runescape, etc).
Eh, I like the IDEA but Oblivion/Skyrim made it ABSURDLY grindy. At least the parts you actually USE. I mean, when was the last time you had a character with 100 DudeStab skill?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

April shower!  Took a short hike to an overlook and made a little recording/privateblog.  I love rain and bright silvery skies so much.  Yesterday was similar but with dark and light contrasting clouds, which is even prettier.

Finished enough cleaning to actually vacuum a bit, too.  And did my taxes yesterday!  And I barely drank yesterday, might not today at all, and I'm still enjoying Touhou7, and...  yeah.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

Nehrim
Had never heard of this before. Have now checked it out.
I like.

I dunno, I mean Skyrim sorta has that, and in Nehrim they only tweaked the XP system slightly. You get XP from killing things, discovering things, etc. which lets you increase your ability scores when you level up, and then you still get bonuses for that level depending on what skills you were using. (Conveniently using a diary in your inventory to level up instead of sleeping.) Your skills still level up from use and training.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

My only issue with Oblivion's leveling was the importance of controlling, to some extent, how many skill points you gain between levels.  Such that you don't screw yourself over on stat points.  On the one hand it was sorta fun in a powergaming way, but also tedious and absurdly meta.  Totally immersion-breaking. 

I suppose it wasn't necessary to think about.  Much as you weren't absolutely screwed if you chose noncombat skills like Athletics or Speech as primary (causing you to level fast, and have high-level enemies spawned at you).  But only because the difficulty slider was fairly generous as I recall.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

The difficulty slider just affects damage, really. I generally adjust it a lot over the course of the game. One-shotting everything? Turn up the slider. Having a ton of difficulty against a particular boss? Turn it down a little. I guess that sort of takes away some of the fluctuation of difficulty but it's just how I do.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:06:30 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

I'm actually feeling much... much... much better than I can remember ever feeling before.

QUICK, EVERYONE HUG VECTOR SO WE CAN SET A NEW RECORD!
*HUGS*
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

I'm actually feeling much... much... much better than I can remember ever feeling before.

QUICK, EVERYONE HUG VECTOR SO WE CAN SET A NEW RECORD!
*HUGS*
*ALL THE HUGS I STILL HAVE LEFT*
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 03:41:14 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 10387 10388 [10389] 10390 10391 ... 13314