Attack a weak caravan
- 5 (45.5%)
Loiter at our tower
- 1 (9.1%)
Other (specify in post
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: Reversed Roles: A D&D 3.5 Campaign  (Read 44977 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reversed Roles: A D&D 3.5 Campaign
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2011, 07:48:32 pm »

Welp. My dad decided that our family (translation: the kids in the family) should be without Internet. Since I have an iPhone, the only thing this does is make it harder for me to post on this forum. Apparently his idea of being internetless is just having to go through the aggravation of typing on an iPhone's keyboard.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2011, 07:50:44 pm »

you should declare yourself a wiccan as retaliation, or convert to a jew. or if you are jewish, find islam

Hows this guy for a race?
Jugulator
+2str +2con -4int
subtypes evil, lawful
2 chain attacks 1d6 at up to 10ft
dancing chains: as a standard action can manipulate a chain within 20 ft and make it attack as if self wielded. Can make it extend an additional 15ft and can climb controlled chains at normal speed without a climb check. Can controll 2 chains at a time at level 6 and 3 at level 12
can see in the dark even darkness spell 60ft
resistant to ice and fire
+8 racial bonus to metalcrafting
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:19:28 pm by Hastur »

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2011, 07:57:46 pm »

Hee Hee. iPad.  :D

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2011, 09:46:32 pm »

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a jerky DM. I was just confused as to the usefulness of Pyro and why you would even want it. Why are con and dex only +1 now? It was my understanding that they were both +2.

I originally took a weakish feat specifically for RPing and low dmg output considering that bugbears need severe nerfs to be playable.  Taking an overpowered feat would have potentially overcomplicated things and required me to take further nerfs.  I'm just going to stick with combat reflexes though since it is not complicated.  I can do regular fire dmg anyway if I want to make my char extra cool with great balls of fire!

Oh and don't sweat it bro, making characters online is stressful when the rules/stats are all undefined/negotiable. :p  I am probably being a massive douche too!  (see link in my sig!)

I halved all my racial modifiers to make him weaker so I'd have less of a +/- ratio.  +4 STR, +2 DEX, +2 CON, -2 CHR = +6 for Bugbear's natural bonuses is way above the +1 you wanted.    So even halving them, at +2 STR, +1 DEX, +1 CON, -1 CHR, = +3, is still too much...   So instead I went with +2 STR, +1 DEX, +1 CON, -2 CHR (full), -2 INT (extra as per suggestion) to make it = 0.   If you guiding me to take DEX and CON at +2 instead, then sure, I'll take them.  It'll give my char +2 STR, +2 DEX, +2 CON, -2CHR, -2 INT for = +2 total.   I'll hold out on actually making any changes on my sheet until it makes sense to me but regardless it isn't going to change how I play my character much considering that he already had a good set of rolls anyway. (Read:  I don't really care, a few numbers aren't going to change my enjoyment of a game in being a chaotic evil jackass bugbear!)

Soooo, I can't find this online.  How much does it cost me to get extra pints of oil flasks?  I want more than three.   1gp each?  5sp?
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2011, 09:53:09 pm »

Quote from: Bay 12 Games Forum
Please don't double post.  It bothers some people.

Toady

Wowwww, I got reported?  Really?

ok, *edit* bleep y'all, you're real douchebags and I do not wish to play a game/interact with those of you here who are total twat-nozzles.  I'm outta this game.

toodles.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:01:10 pm by DinosaurusRex_x »
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2011, 10:04:38 pm »

. . .

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2011, 10:44:39 pm »

Welp. My dad decided that our family (translation: the kids in the family) should be without Internet. Since I have an iPhone, the only thing this does is make it harder for me to post on this forum. Apparently his idea of being internetless is just having to go through the aggravation of typing on an iPhone's keyboard.

I'm sure it's possible to get an iPhone to run maptools over Hamachi.  There's an app for that, right...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2011, 10:54:06 pm »

I'm sure it's possible to get an iPhone to run maptools over Hamachi.  There's an app for that, right...

Don't worry about actually having the game running; he didn't cancel our Internet connection. He just changed the password for some reason. I'll be able to connect for the sessions.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2011, 11:36:34 pm »

Hum. With DinosaurusRex_x I might join this, what do we have? A cleric? Barba looks like he is going stealthy.

Maybe I might pick up a wizard then?

What’s a magicy race? Something like mindflayer. Hum.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2011, 12:10:18 am »

Is this feat fine for a choker? Chokers live in mountains and so do giants. I'm sure there are depraved enough giants.
Jotunbrud
[Racial]

You are descended from the giants who ruled the mountainspanning empire of Ostoria in ages past, and possess a truly impressive stature.

Prerequisite: Regions: Damara, The North

Benefit: Whenever you receive a modifier based on your size on an opposed roll (such as during grapple and bull rush attempts), you are treated as Large if that's advantageous to you. You are also considered to be Large when determining whether a monster's special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) affect you. If you wish to determine your character's height and weight randomly, your base height is 6 4 (male) or 6 0 (female), and your base weight is 210 lb. (male) or 170 lb. (female). Refer to Table 6-6 in the Player's Handbook.

Special: You may only take this feat as a 1st-level character.

Rulebook: Races of Faerun (p. 165)

Edition: Forgotten Realms (3.0)
Class undecided. Rolling 4d6-lowest in order and picking afterwards.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2011, 12:28:04 am »

@ Cript
Ego is a rogue geared toward stealth and disguise, but he's going to multiclass into a wizard later on. A pure caster would be great to have, though. Our group would then have a cleric, a rogue, and a wizard.

@ Barbarossa
The feat looks fine to me, though i have no idea what a choker is besides the obvious. I'll look it up tommorrow, but I'm gonna go with yes on the feat.

@ Hastur
I'll approve of the Jugulator if it doesn't have the resistances. On second thought, how about it gets the resistances over the levels? Sort of like how it can use more chains at levels 6 and 12. Also, if you're going with monster levels, the monster bonus feats would be fine. Just type up the level progression chart, with it's BAB, saves, feats, etc.

@ Frelock
The quasit is fine except for, like, two things that I can't remember. I remember seeing a problem, but I don't remember the problem. When I remember it, I'll post it, but don't forget to not let me forget to remember what I forgot that I remembered forgetting.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2011, 12:36:17 am »

Behold, the glorious aberrant!
I have a version that involves making characters out of them, but this is the basic monster entry.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2011, 12:45:50 am »

Is this feat fine for a choker? Chokers live in mountains and so do giants. I'm sure there are depraved enough giants.
You don't meet the prerequisites. You'd have to be from one of those two specific 'regions' of Faerun - and even if you lived there, the 'regions' as referenced in that book are really more like cultures. Chokers don't qualify.
Also, if something like that is allowed, you'd definitely want to change it to treat you as medium instead of small (as opposed to large instead of medium).

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2011, 01:01:47 am »

@ Hastur
I'll approve of the Jugulator if it doesn't have the resistances. On second thought, how about it gets the resistances over the levels? Sort of like how it can use more chains at levels 6 and 12. Also, if you're going with monster levels, the monster bonus feats would be fine. Just type up the level progression chart, with it's BAB, saves, feats, etc.

how do i figure out how many abilities to give myself? Im thinking using a monk as a baseline, cuz he gets one or more abilities like every level + his natural feats + race abilities and he attacks with his natural attacks and not magic weapons he buys.  As it stands right now i was just going to become a cleric of somekind.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2011, 01:27:55 am »

Keep in mind, monk abilities suck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38