Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 161

Author Topic: Our Salvation: It Is Written  (Read 248752 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Our Salvation: Tearing the Stitches of Reality
« Reply #1695 on: October 13, 2016, 02:06:36 pm »

Rest for a little while longer. Vengance can wait a few moments.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: October 14, 2016, 03:19:27 pm »

If quality doesn't get them drunk, then quantity will.

"Last clue? The part where you suggest me being shit in this or the part where I get paid? Are you referring to that grave and the box?"

"Alright folks, beer is here! Let's start this party!"

I declare first party of the new age open for all participants! Beer and mead is widely avaible for everyone!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: October 14, 2016, 03:24:24 pm »

Thomas did the only sane and rational thing to do in this circumstance; panic.

Start rather pointedly thrashing around in an attempt to get out.  Blind panic will carry the day!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: October 14, 2016, 06:38:24 pm »

Hm, I don't need to eat or breathe? I wonder what else is optional now.

Anyway, I leave the water and start moving along the wall, looking for exits or anything interesting. I stop if I hear anything strange. Hey, not breathing should make me a bit quieter.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: October 17, 2016, 12:05:16 pm »

Rest for a little while longer. Vengance can wait a few moments.

You lay there peacefully as a strange woman continues to watch you intently, walking around you to get multiple angles on your mutilated body without disturbing your rest.

[Thoughts On Roadkill: 3]

Odd, she says after a while. You look like you are healing slowly, but there is little to no actual change in the look of your body. Is it merely a matter of regaining your strength?

If quality doesn't get them drunk, then quantity will.

"Last clue? The part where you suggest me being shit in this or the part where I get paid? Are you referring to that grave and the box?"

"Alright folks, beer is here! Let's start this party!"

I declare first party of the new age open for all participants! Beer and mead is widely avaible for everyone!

Hœnir is about to commit to an answer before deciding that nah, that'd be telling! Better to let you proceed in uncertainty. It'll make the reveal that much more worth it. Or will it? Ooooh, he wiggles his fingers mystically as he frolics along and puts his stick to his ear, disappearing from sight in short order.

Fine, you guess, be that way! You've got a party to run, with enough mead for everyone. Needless to say, the smell has attracted a great number of gods already, and they take turns holding each other by the ankles and submerging them in the vat of mead until the mead level in it has noticeably decreased.

It is, of course, more of a party in the Russian tradition rather than Norse, which is to say that a bunch of people get together to somewhat quietly and quasi-privately get shitfaced at someone else's expense. Or maybe this is just how the party starts?

Thomas did the only sane and rational thing to do in this circumstance; panic.

Start rather pointedly thrashing around in an attempt to get out.  Blind panic will carry the day!

[Get Loose: 4]

You start to thrash wildly, trying to get free - you're not sure if it helps with the getting out as such, necessarily, but you do hear the growls from within get slightly confused, then fearful as you make noises the resident hasn't heard human beings make very often.

Somewhere along the way trial and error begins to work in your favor, and after orienting your shoulders in a way that after the fact occurs to you as somewhat highly improbable you manage to pop free of the hole, rolling out and, taking a little time to properly compose yourself, standing tall and proud.

Hm, I don't need to eat or breathe? I wonder what else is optional now.

Anyway, I leave the water and start moving along the wall, looking for exits or anything interesting. I stop if I hear anything strange. Hey, not breathing should make me a bit quieter.

You emerge into the chamber, taking a moment to get used to walking on land, your sense of gravity slightly off as you begin to look around.

[Legends of the Hidden Temple: 1]

You go toward the eternal flame, your feet leaving wet footprints on the damp stone, and touch the wall behind it, and drag your hand along it as you head into darkness.

Now, the first thing that happens is you trip, and fall a considerable distance off the central dais as you fail to register where the drop is, the chamber far too dark to see even that much. You land wetly on the floor below, not hard enough to really hurt yourself but enough that it really smarts for a few moments.

As you get up, though, you realize you can't see anything. Not yourself, not the flame, not anything. Your surroundings feel dark and airless and deathly silent, and even the feeling of stone beneath your feet is distant and slightly unreal.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: October 17, 2016, 01:37:35 pm »

Can't blame the man for adopting some russian party practices. Drop some long ladders into the cauldron and enjoy the fruits of my labor.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: October 17, 2016, 02:30:16 pm »

Across the river we go (went?) then.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: October 17, 2016, 02:43:30 pm »

"...kinda? Look, if you're gonna ask me questions, do me a favor: look about and tell me if you see a ... well, since you wouldn't know who they are, a crazy-looking kid and someone like me. Are they anywhere nearby?"

Resting resting 1 2 3
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 05:50:51 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: October 17, 2016, 05:41:08 pm »

Crap. Uh. Why isn't there water here?

I reach around for the central dais. If I find it I start circling it to look for a way up.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: October 17, 2016, 11:57:46 pm »

Right, much better.  Now... where were we?  Thomas wondered if he had missed the show.

Assess situation.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: October 19, 2016, 02:35:50 pm »

Can't blame the man for adopting some russian party practices. Drop some long ladders into the cauldron and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

And then they drink and drink and drink, and then they drink some more! Quantity over quality is the word of the day, and though it takes more effort than usual, everyone gets where they want to be, which is to say passed out face down on an open field, their trousers having gone missing.

You behold this battlefield of wasted gods, and declare yourself the winner of the day by default.

Across the river we go (went?) then.

[I Came, I Saw, I Went: 1]

Well, you tried at least. It didn't quite work out. Turns out the river's a bit faster than you bargained for. And also far more turbulent. Perhaps looking for a boat would have been more prudent, you think as the stream pulls you under during another unpredictable turn, a confused and drowning Nately kicking at the water in your wake as the raging river carries you onward.

[I Hear A Voice Calling: 4]

You do make sure to hold your breath at the appropriate moments, which does protect you from drowning as long as you manage to rise back up to the top, which you almost invariably do. You have, however, migrated to the center of the river in your efforts, and are just about to unceremoniously enter the rather noticeably ruined town of Anglefork.

[A Blacksmith's Destiny: 2]

Nately, meanwhile, seems to be having a lot more trouble staying, in order and consequentially, afloat, oxygenated and alive. Maybe you should help him with that. Guess he's not a terribly confident swimmer at the best of times.

"...kinda? Look, if you're gonna ask me questions, do me a favor: look about and tell me if you see a ... well, since you wouldn't know who they are, a crazy-looking kid and someone like me. Are they anywhere nearby?"

Resting resting 1 2 3

[I Do Not Know This Man: 1]

There unfortunately don't seem to be any boneless naked worm people in the area trailed by solidified murderous thoughts, the woman mentions after a careful look around. As for the crazy-looking kid, she ran off into the woods to the east. What a strange direction to go in. Doesn't she know about the night creatures? It's almost like they never taught her about the eastern uprisings of the Interregnum, and she is almost perfectly certain she mentioned those in her own lectures on the subject.

Crap. Uh. Why isn't there water here?

I reach around for the central dais. If I find it I start circling it to look for a way up.

It'd stand to reason that there wouldn't be any - the pool of water seems very much artificial. Perhaps it served a ritual purpose. Of course, that's not quite as much your concern as getting back up to it.

[Fumbling In The Dark: 6]

You feel around, but find no sign of the dais. What little you do manage to feel just points to a great deal of floor. You feel for the wall, but that seems gone as well. Where have you found yourself? How far did you fall? Not very far, you should think. But somehow everything seems to have profoundly changed during your fall, and you almost immediately would begin to suspect you've turned around somewhere if it weren't for the obvious fact that the chamber can't possibly be as large as the distance you try to go every which way.

However, with time your eyes begin to adapt. It slightly hurts to look out into the dark now as it shifts around you, breathing softly, mocking you with its inscrutability as darker shapes snake through it, leaving traces of oblivion in the overall sightless dark. You follow one such trail, tracing a finger over absolute nothingness briefly as you head in the direction that it leads. What such exploration avails you is larger splotches of the same, little holes in the dark, some on the ground, some at eye level, some far too high for you to reach. All of them, however, seem to very much exert a certain voiceless pull on you. Alien to your sensibilities, perhaps, but familiar in spirit.

Right, much better.  Now... where were we?  Thomas wondered if he had missed the show.

Assess situation.

Right, so you're out here, on the road. The earthquakes and storms appear to have calmed down, and most of the people about have left with very little ceremony, which you suppose is perfectly fine. You walk around a little, hoping to catch sight of anybody who might be able to explain to you what's happening.

[Do You Know The Way To The Airport: 4]

You're about to head north, but you notice that the good doctor appears to be standing next to a Mr. Daniels in repose. Neither of them seem like they'd be helpful, so you head southward, where you notice two things. First of all, in the distance the residents of the castle seem to be heading through the town, encountering little to no resistance to their armed column of royal guards, castle guards, one knight, two and two thirds of a minder and a whole lot of really hungry people with sticks and sharp objects. And then in the river you see Mr. Daniels and one of the several youths you've seen following his example. Both of them appear to have fallen in the river, but the youth is having an unquestionably worse time of staying afloat and breathing, shrieking for help as he kicks and flails in the water helplessly. Oh dear. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to help him.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: October 19, 2016, 02:41:05 pm »

"No, I meant - never mind, I'll have to find them on my own I guess. Do you know which direction El is in? Or where the rest of those fuckers people from the castle went? I remember there were a bunch of them."

Stand up. Use the lady as assistance.
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: October 19, 2016, 03:07:51 pm »

"Do you two need assistance?"

Offer help.  Not the jump in and save them kind, but the hold a big stick out for them kind.  Or throw a rope if there's one around.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: October 20, 2016, 02:52:22 am »

Wasteland of wasted gods, it's a great day to be the winner. Enjoy some of the finest grapefruits and ponder nature of spontaneous materialization.
Oh, can I open window to see into the boring reality while still chilling in my mindscape? Actually, if I can, why not make it outdoors drive-in movie theater so everybody can enjoy show from other realm. And a microphone stand so my gods can offer their advice directly into my ears while I'm out there in the other reality. Hœnir can then throw out his puzzles and prophecies all the time without having to wait for me come back in.
Old sigs.
Games.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: October 20, 2016, 06:13:53 am »

"What does it look like?"

Grab Nately with one hand and whatever Mr. Minstep offers with the other.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 161