Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083472 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r3
« Reply #3240 on: November 08, 2015, 06:48:02 pm »

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r4
« Reply #3241 on: November 08, 2015, 08:16:54 pm »

r4 is up!
Need to rename the thread don't we!

:O

I went to copy over my scripts and add in my personal use changes to gm-editor and launch/names are already in there. *squee*
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 08:24:09 pm by Max™ »

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: November 08, 2015, 08:52:27 pm »

Front post updated. Special thanks to Lethosor for putting together this release which is what I'm theoretically supposed to do!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: November 08, 2015, 09:13:30 pm »

Always awesome when the thread title changes!  Thanks for all the wizardry you guys cram into these releases!
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: November 08, 2015, 09:19:26 pm »

Front post updated. Special thanks to Lethosor for putting together this release which is what I'm theoretically supposed to do!
You also need to change the "compile" and "contributors" links, since those filenames changed ;-)

And maybe someone could download the old binaries from dethware and DFFD, and upload them on the Github releases?

I went to copy over my scripts and add in my personal use changes to gm-editor and launch/names are already in there. *squee*
Always awesome when the thread title changes!  Thanks for all the wizardry you guys cram into these releases!
I too love updates, as much for all the fixed bugs as the new features  :D

Maybe an actual release schedule would help this happen more regularly?  Something like "release at the start of each month" shouldn't be too tricky, given all the build infrastructure and testing  :P
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: November 09, 2015, 11:55:56 pm »

...probably should've mentioned before release that the header files are completely unnecessary and mostly just make the file take twice as long to unzip

EDIT: this seems to have broken compatibility with script_environment

that's, uh, very bad for me, like, "utter catastrophe none of my mods work at all" bad

EDIT 2: To be exact, I have no goddamn idea how it works now. I script_environment a script and only get a dfhack_flags table and a moduleMode bool instead of the normal global variables. Trying reqscript gets me an error about not being usable as a module. How do i make something usable as a module?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:22:42 am by Putnam »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: November 10, 2015, 04:14:47 am »

Actually i never figured out the new script modules and trying to avoid them :D (though haven't had any time to do df-related stuff lately)
Normal modules look simple and nice (as in local local _ENV = mkmodule(plugin_path) and then return _ENV)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: November 10, 2015, 06:55:26 am »

script_environment worked the last time I checked. For reqscript to work, you need a "--@ module = true" comment somewhere in the file, although script_environment shouldn't care about that.

The header files are there because ragundo forgot to turn off the option that installs them, but they should only take up a couple megabytes.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: November 10, 2015, 10:43:03 am »

script_environment worked the last time I checked.

Yeah, but... it doesn't. r3 works fine, r4 doesn't.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: November 10, 2015, 11:03:40 am »

I'm not able to test it at the moment, but does it work if you run the scripts you're importing in the console first?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: November 10, 2015, 04:12:36 pm »

I can't seem to reproduce the issue in r4:
Code: [Select]
[lua]# ~dfhack.script_environment('devel/lua-example')
Arguments:
Command called 1 times.
table: 0x11dcb2f0
dfhack_flags            = table: 0x11ce1ed0
moduleMode              = true
run_count              = 1
[lua]# ~dfhack.script_environment('devel/lua-example')
table: 0x11dcb2f0
dfhack_flags            = table: 0x11ce1ed0
moduleMode              = true
run_count              = 1
("run_count" is a global variable in that script, and it seems to be exported correctly.)
Other scripts work as well, regardless of whether they're run as commands first or not. Can you run "type (scriptname)" and make sure it returns the correct script type and path?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 04:16:21 pm by lethosor »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: November 10, 2015, 07:51:13 pm »

Does anyone know how to use dfhack to get rid of an unkillable animated remain? I've got a head rolling around my fortress and it won't die. I've also encountered undead hair before but didn't have dfhack to deal with it.

I know I can spawn magma but I am afraid of setting all the dwarves currently attacking it on fire, or it getting set on fire and then running around lighting everything on fire. Is there not a simple kill or teleport command?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: November 10, 2015, 07:52:58 pm »

Huh, that seemed to be a weird temporary thing. Kinda worrisome.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: November 10, 2015, 07:53:25 pm »

Does anyone know how to use dfhack to get rid of an unkillable animated remain? I've got a head rolling around my fortress and it won't die. I've also encountered undead hair before but didn't have dfhack to deal with it.

I know I can spawn magma but I am afraid of setting all the dwarves currently attacking it on fire, or it getting set on fire and then running around lighting everything on fire. Is there not a simple kill or teleport command?
"exterminate it" should work.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: November 10, 2015, 08:02:25 pm »

"exterminate it" should work.
Ah thank you. Unfortunately if any undead are on the map it this will kill all of them, but it's worth it.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 360