Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678405 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #1890 on: May 10, 2016, 08:05:30 pm »

I found a bug with a certain late game quest.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well then, off to the Paradox Forums with you and report it.
How else would the devs know of this bug?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: May 10, 2016, 08:34:32 pm »

I found a bug with a certain late game quest.

I had the opposite issue,

Oh, and apparently the AI will never defeat the Unbidden on it's own, and some people are saying that AI will never leave Federations, which is kinda lame. There's no way to get them to leave either AFAIK, even if they like you way better than they like their other federation members.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 09:03:43 pm by Glloyd »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: May 10, 2016, 10:03:23 pm »

i found the aliens. they are on the other side of the gulf created by the galactic arms. fanatic militarists just my luck. I'm just here with my pacifist uplifted integrate fungal buddies with a continental moon i just colonized.

unrelated i found this on the paradox forums.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: May 10, 2016, 10:34:37 pm »

So, is there any way to surrender when a war is pretty much lost?

There is a militaristic xenophobic fallen empire that more or less spawned (I'm 99.99% sure it wasn't there before, I had everything surveyed) in the middle of my wonderful Peoples Republic and immediately declared war because I'm to close to its borders.
It absolutely refuses to go anywhere near its declared war goals, instead floating around my 50 planet empire and blowing up every shipyard as soon as it is finished. That "war" has been going on for 40 years now, 30 of which the FE was at 100% war score.
Since I have exactly 0 ships and can't build any shipyards all the little one and two star nations around me (all of which used to be protectorates of me) started to declare war on me and they're slowly picking me apart.

Is there any way to surrender to the FE and lose the 4 planets it demands so I can defend myself against all the other nations?

EDIT:
Found it, doh :/
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 10:38:15 pm by Cyroth »
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: May 10, 2016, 10:45:57 pm »

Found out the hard way that warphole travel is absolutely fucked. I don't know what triggered it but i'm 160 years in and suddenly my fleets stopped warping properly. They'll path through systems that don't have warp generators, and then get stuck there trying to move to the next destination forever. Goddamn Paradox.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: May 10, 2016, 10:56:54 pm »

Started a Let's Play of this; Fanatic Materialist toads with a win condition of starting the Machine Rebellion.   For Great Caliban!

Posting itt because I smelled someone reference Choice of Robots.

Also because I forgot when this was going to be released, and am now mad that I need to wait until Thursday to get it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: May 10, 2016, 11:12:09 pm »

Found out the hard way that warphole travel is absolutely fucked. I don't know what triggered it but i'm 160 years in and suddenly my fleets stopped warping properly. They'll path through systems that don't have warp generators, and then get stuck there trying to move to the next destination forever. Goddamn Paradox.
Are they trying to go through allied generators? Theres a known bug for that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: May 10, 2016, 11:19:05 pm »

Are they trying to go through allied generators? Theres a known bug for that.

They were at first, and then they started trying to go through systems that didn't have any warp gens at all.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: May 10, 2016, 11:43:44 pm »

I think I'm gonna stop for a month or so. I'm running into way too many bugs. First it was that unfinishable quest. Now I've got ships literally flying off into the ether because the path they originally wanted to take got removed. Some of my systems are mysteriously losing survey data. All the primitive aliens somehow have control of alien monsters on the other side of the galaxy. Etc. Etc.

Also I don't get how the AI can outresearch me even though I have every single tech trait, tech government, and building there is. Not to mention I'm 5x the size of the next largest empire. Is it cheaper for smaller empires or something? I know for sure these aren't the superior empires as they actually came about later than me and practically all the existing superior empires are dust.

Edit: Turns out that that's the case. Your tech takes more to research the more pop you have.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: May 11, 2016, 12:09:14 am »

Yeah, it's really buggy. I finished off the Unbidden a year ago (destroyed their portal and around 75000 combat strength worth of ships) and they still haven't disappeared off the map, meaning I can't colonize any of the areas they expanded over. The early-mid game is pretty solid, but the late game is so buggy it's barely playable. It feels like they barely tested the late/endgame stuff.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 12:10:58 am by Glloyd »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: May 11, 2016, 12:16:30 am »

The early-mid game is pretty solid, but the late game is so buggy it's barely playable. It feels like they barely tested the late/endgame stuff.
That's what I'm thinking too. It's pretty shitty at this point in the game.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: May 11, 2016, 01:13:19 am »

Wormholes and hyperlines have issues, I think I read about it before even starting the game so I've been sticking to the warp. I've had no big issues so far in game, though I've restarted a few times. I suppose I'm in mid-game right now.

I think the early game exploration is the most fun I've had in 4X, but the mid/late game needs work. Basically politics and diplomacy need more content. Likewise, we should be able to do more with pre-FTL civilizations. As I see it, you can just study them or conquer them or advance them techologically. The last doesn't seem to have many benefits though, you just get another competitor on the stage and what is the point of that? Especially if it appears right on your territory.

So far, I've had bugs with some quests and the whole thing about space monsters/pirates getting strange tags. Which in turn can fuck up quests. No gamestoppers though, just the kind of stuff that is bound to go wrong with a big release. I'm sure they are fixed soon.

Mind you, I still think this is an awesome game, but I see a huge potential for more.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: May 11, 2016, 01:26:59 am »

Already made around 28 or so custom empires. With around half of them based of various video game races, such as Plump Helmet Men, Venerable Chozo space birds, and Star Foxes.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 02:10:00 am by Ultimuh »

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: May 11, 2016, 03:05:22 am »

Well, Illithid/Cthulhu-esque mishmash take 1 came to an end - the federation against me took in more members and I was overwhelmed.

For take 2 I've rejigged their traits/ethos a little, removing Decadent ( with the self-imposed restriction of only enslaving xenos it was too micromanagey) and swapping Collectivist for Fanatic Xenophobe.  Started at the start of a spiral arm in the core, with another xenophobe empire almost directly bordering me.  Fortunately wormhole tech makes skipping to the next arm fairly easy, where I found a lot of open space to explore and expand into.

Less fortunately, that open space is bordered by a Xenophobe fallen empire on one side, and a Xenophile fallen empire on the other.  I've already got some border friction with the former, while the latter will be an issue when we start enslaving people.

On the plus side, we just found an anomaly quest chain that is very appropriate for our theme:

(edit: and the end of the chain is bugged :( )
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 03:39:29 am by Biowraith »

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: May 11, 2016, 03:28:44 am »

So, on second attempt I managed to penetrate most of the most obtuse interface. However there are two things that upsets me - first - apparent lack of indication of which planets eligible for colonizing.

Second, frontier posts keep leeching my influence even as I colonize the system. As they seem to have no effect, I hope those things would be transformed into observation posts automatically.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 632