Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678131 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #2640 on: May 26, 2016, 12:17:28 am »

Most of the time they just force you to vacate a couple colonies or humiliate you. I've barely seen anyone reporting them doing a total kill, and never experienced one myself.

That said, AI is kinda buggy, so they might get stuck and never end the war for whatever reason.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: May 26, 2016, 12:25:45 am »

I'm a little disappointed that wormhole FTL doesn't work by using stations to create persistent wormholes linking two different systems, with travel nearly instantaneous between the two. If you wanted additional wormholes, you would have to build additional stations. This could allow you to create hub systems linking your empire together, but travel outside of your network would require you to build new pathways or shut down existing pathways in order to redirect them to new locations, which would probably be a fairly time-consuming process. And of course, other empires could use your wormholes against you in warfare if you didn't shut down your wormhole stations in time.

Maybe a mod someday.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: May 26, 2016, 12:33:09 am »

AI doesn't understand white peace currently, but Clarke will fix it.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: May 26, 2016, 01:37:51 am »

AI doesn't understand white peace currently, but Clarke will fix it.
that sounds like it would actually make sense for fanatic militants and maybe militant empires. Those kinds of cultures who would see your 36 year war as a glourious contest against a worthy opponent instead of a damned slog.

In fact, I'd even give militant empires a positive relation bonus with empires they fought a long war against. Like, a worthy opponent bonus of maybe +10 relations or more depending on how long the war lasted versus how even the warscore was on average/at the end, divided by how far away the empire is from yours to prevent easy cheesing.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: May 26, 2016, 01:42:37 am »

Most of the time they just force you to vacate a couple colonies or humiliate you. I've barely seen anyone reporting them doing a total kill, and never experienced one myself.

That said, AI is kinda buggy, so they might get stuck and never end the war for whatever reason.

Well the colonies they wanted me to vacate was every single planet I had, so it would have been a loss even if I surrendered.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: May 26, 2016, 01:56:51 am »

Those kinds of cultures who would see your 36 year war as a glourious contest against a worthy opponent instead of a damned slog.

I don't know how it actually works, but militarism and pacifism already modify war exhaustion. Militarist populations actually get happier from being in a war.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: May 26, 2016, 02:39:35 am »

Well the colonies they wanted me to vacate was every single planet I had, so it would have been a loss even if I surrendered.
Obvious answer: Colonize a new planet they didn't want you to vacate. Though this would obviously have had to happen prior to the blockadening
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: May 26, 2016, 02:44:30 am »

I didn't have 350 days to get a colony ship built, I had like, 5 days tops between meeting them and them deciding I had to die, took less than a week for them to trash every single spaceport.

The part that's really bothering me is that they demanded I abandon worlds that were nowhere near them, like the two little colonies I had just put up at the tail end of my arm, those colonies were ridiculously distant from them.  It is as if the AI just went down the list of planets I controlled and printed it as the war demands.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:46:11 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: May 26, 2016, 03:00:44 am »

I didn't have 350 days to get a colony ship built, I had like, 5 days tops between meeting them and them deciding I had to die, took less than a week for them to trash every single spaceport.

The part that's really bothering me is that they demanded I abandon worlds that were nowhere near them, like the two little colonies I had just put up at the tail end of my arm, those colonies were ridiculously distant from them.  It is as if the AI just went down the list of planets I controlled and printed it as the war demands.

Sounds like a case of Disproportionate Retribution.
Fallen Empires just don't think the way you do.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:02:44 am by Ultimuh »

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: May 26, 2016, 04:17:57 am »

It might be better if you give a screenshot of the situation (assuming you still have a save of that time) so we can see just how close everything is to them.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: May 26, 2016, 04:37:25 am »

Not that it's difficult to believe the AI's tape measures are as bugged as everything else at the moment.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: May 26, 2016, 05:20:02 am »

also don't you always keep a spare colony ship around to race toward juicy planets?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: May 26, 2016, 05:56:59 am »

Or more likely they're the only ones who think the way you (the player) do. Even/especially your own empire doesn't think the way you do, seeing as you can't do what they did to an AI and take their whole empire all at once. Nope, player has to take 2/3 planets at a time, while apparently the AI can just take whatever the fuck they want from you.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: May 26, 2016, 06:20:49 am »

also don't you always keep a spare colony ship around to race toward juicy planets?

a colony ship has a very high upkeep cost. depending on the stage of the game, a spare colony ship can be quite costly.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: May 26, 2016, 06:48:59 am »

Or more likely they're the only ones who think the way you (the player) do. Even/especially your own empire doesn't think the way you do, seeing as you can't do what they did to an AI and take their whole empire all at once. Nope, player has to take 2/3 planets at a time, while apparently the AI can just take whatever the fuck they want from you.
Worth noting that until the cost is switched over to scaling in Clarke you can actually vassalize an empire, regardless of size, for less warscore than taking one of their major worlds. If you can keep the lid on discontent and rebellion you can wait 3600 days to integrate them... or if you have the right ethics just purge/enslave all of their pops so you don't have to deal with the happiness and faction micromanagement bullshit.

a colony ship has a very high upkeep cost. depending on the stage of the game, a spare colony ship can be quite costly.
EIGHT FUCKING ENERGY WHY

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 632