Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678153 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #3360 on: October 20, 2016, 07:37:05 pm »

Still waiting on that Dick update though.

TBH I just want a Culture ship name theme.
MODS

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: October 20, 2016, 07:41:11 pm »

Yeah, other than coming up with the lists in the first place, I imagine that namelist mods would be the easiest things to make.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

clone95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: October 20, 2016, 10:29:20 pm »

TBH I just want a Culture ship name theme.

There's already one on the workshop.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: October 21, 2016, 09:11:50 am »

Oh goodie, wasn't last time I checked. I suppose I need to go back and un-fuck my files before I try to play on the new update.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: October 21, 2016, 09:19:44 am »

Anyone played it yet? Is it worthwhile?
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: October 21, 2016, 10:28:08 am »

Anyone played it yet? Is it worthwhile?
I played it for a good six hours, I say it's worthwhile, it actually feels like a complete game once you get passed the early game.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: October 21, 2016, 10:57:12 am »

I started a game but got boxed in by a neighbor that apparently had a bigger army, faster expansion and more technology than me... Not sure what happened either he had a leg up at the start or some king of lucky break on his home system allowing for that. I'll start a new game soon and hopefully get to midgame.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: October 21, 2016, 10:59:41 am »

Good to hear - how is the combat revamp/artisan thing looking? I'm mostly wondering if it's worth waiting for the next patch or if this one is enough of a change from the one before to bother downloading it all and reinstalling now.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: October 21, 2016, 02:30:48 pm »

I started a game but got boxed in by a neighbor that apparently had a bigger army, faster expansion and more technology than me... Not sure what happened either he had a leg up at the start or some king of lucky break on his home system allowing for that. I'll start a new game soon and hopefully get to midgame.
This happened to me as well. I wonder, did the AI get better or did I get worse?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: October 21, 2016, 02:39:10 pm »

Or maybe they got more cheats. #rigged :P

Firaxis has always loved giving the computer players cheats, to try to cover for their really shitty AI. In Civ IV, it was so bad that they didn't ever consider the budget or treasury when recruiting units, generally didn't build monetary improvements, and instead relied on their cheats to lower their costs so they could remain competitive. I cite IV because I never tried to see what horrifying things they were doing in Civ V.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: October 21, 2016, 03:14:39 pm »

This happened to me as well. I wonder, did the AI get better or did I get worse?

it's the "a leg up at the start" one: http://www.stellariswiki.com/Settings#AI_empires

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: October 21, 2016, 03:31:56 pm »

I cite IV because I never tried to see what horrifying things they were doing in Civ V.

In V they don't even build units they buy them :P

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: October 21, 2016, 06:04:38 pm »

it's the "a leg up at the start" one: http://www.stellariswiki.com/Settings#AI_empires

Oh, the advanced AI thing would explain that, I'll leave them out in my new game.
At the very least they should try to make them spawn far from players, it makes for a very poor start, he literally had his border touching my homeworld before my first colony ship and I was kinda rushing it.

Edit: It's actually an option at game creation to allow advanced AI to spawn near player, missed that the first time around. Should be off by default imo.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 06:10:26 pm by Drakale »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: October 21, 2016, 06:09:39 pm »

PLaytesting the mods for my 1.2.5 aar because I am horrible at having things ready to start before big updates roll by :P

This is pretty good feeling with the Pre-FTL players mod.

Which, as its name suggests, leaves you without FTL for a bit. Until you research them. This colony ship took about three years to actually get here. Long jump wind up and wind down means it's a bit hard to snipe things. On the upside, multiple science vessels now makes sense in my opinion :P

I've only ever used one for the most part. Two if I have a free scientist :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: October 21, 2016, 06:40:08 pm »

You don't get enough leaders for more than one science vessel in most cases. It sucks. You'd think that regular science vessels would be capable of scanning for resources on their own, while scientists would be needed for anomalies and contributing to research.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 632