Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678241 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #4365 on: March 09, 2017, 11:48:50 pm »

Yep.  Basic terraforming is still practical even without special resources.  Gaia worlds are literally the only terraforming targets that exceed the energy cap and are thus actually impossible without resources, and given that Gaia worlds are rare and special snowflakes, it makes sense that it wouldn't be easy to mass-produce them.  Even terraforming tomb worlds, the most hostile worlds that can still technically be settled, seems to barely skim in at equal to the maximum possible energy cap (with research) of 10000 quid.  It's impractical, certainly, to terraform tomb worlds without resources, but even they are not actually impossible. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 11:50:47 pm by Culise »

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: March 23, 2017, 12:15:21 am »

I remember a couple games where I terraformed several worlds because I was playing as Xenophobes and purged all other races in my territory. Not only is terraforming possible, but if you are waiting for a peace treaty to end it can allow you to push your borders and build up new staging points where you couldn't otherwise.

Terraforming Resources are handy, but ultimately unnecessary.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: March 23, 2017, 07:58:03 am »

What's the actual benefit to eating sapients anyway, besides horrifying other civilizations?

Actually! Now that there's monthly food, it's even better.

The dev stream, star crossed starfish, showed that the Stellar Starfish Empire's food income went from +5(IIRC) to almost +40. I might be misremembering, but that jump up is pretty damn big.

i mean, he nearly had a food revolt but ya know. whatever.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: March 23, 2017, 02:30:52 pm »

i mean, he nearly had a food revolt but ya know. whatever.
That's how you know it's fresh!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: March 23, 2017, 04:02:14 pm »

"Your majesty! The food is revolting!"
"Now now Prime Minister, my chef is trying his best."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: March 30, 2017, 08:28:42 am »

Patch notes for Banks are now up in the latest dev diary:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: March 30, 2017, 10:15:12 am »

Overall this looks pretty good.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: March 30, 2017, 12:36:57 pm »

* Frontier Clinic now reduces growth time by -5% instead of increasing habitability by +5%
* Frontier Hospital now reduces growth time by -10% instead of increasing habitability by +10%

Huh

*Tosses them in the trash*

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: March 30, 2017, 01:16:16 pm »

* Frontier Clinic now reduces growth time by -5% instead of increasing habitability by +5%
* Frontier Hospital now reduces growth time by -10% instead of increasing habitability by +10%

Huh

Kind of makes more sense though.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #4374 on: March 30, 2017, 01:33:17 pm »

I haven't started a new Stellaris game in a while because I don't want to play without the new features. Feels like eternity waiting for this patch.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: March 30, 2017, 01:33:52 pm »

Just one more week and it'll be out. Not much more waiting to go. And hopefully it won't be super broken when it comes out but that's neither here nor there.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: March 30, 2017, 01:37:15 pm »

Huh

Kind of makes more sense though.
I could see it either way, with growth time being more of a general health thing and habitability being more of a "here's a treatment for the stuff that sucks on this particular rock."

This and making primitives less common are unfortunate, but the update as a whole looks really cool. They also appear to be trying to fix missiles, which is noble but I'm not sure can be done with numbers.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #4377 on: March 30, 2017, 01:58:29 pm »

The missile buff in this patch is just a quick fix, they are going to focus more on fixing missiles in the next patch.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4378 on: March 30, 2017, 02:12:51 pm »

Honestly I'm glad primitives are less common. In some games it's hard to find world's without primitives.

Also, growth time is and always will be useless.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: March 30, 2017, 02:16:36 pm »

They've made it so only one pop can migrate to a planet at a time though, so there's more reliance on natural growth rather than just letting one pop from each of the 30+ planets you control or have a migration treaty with fill the whole thing up in 2 years. Getting planets productive more quickly will be a very valuable thing, both for border extrusion reasons and for the resources.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 632