Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678130 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #4665 on: April 21, 2017, 11:44:20 am »

I'd suggest renaming the star system. If you wanna keep the RP element of it, then rename the system and planet "[OG Name] TC" and then rename them back afterwards.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: April 21, 2017, 12:11:34 pm »

I have every terraforming tech aside from gaia creation.

It's just not showing a button.
It should be right there when you click on the planet. Literally right in the middle of it next to its picture. It's the same terraforming button you see on every single planet, that you click to terraform them, including barren planets you can't even terraform to begin with.

Edit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: April 21, 2017, 02:56:01 pm »

Or maybe you have the wrong planet?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: April 21, 2017, 03:25:32 pm »

Speaking of which, how common are terraforming candidates supposed to be? I've mapped out at least a quarter of my medium galaxy and either never found any or never noticed them. They are a free feature, right?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4669 on: April 21, 2017, 04:11:48 pm »

Speaking of which, how common are terraforming candidates supposed to be? I've mapped out at least a quarter of my medium galaxy and either never found any or never noticed them. They are a free feature, right?
I've only found a handful of them so far, so they seem to be quite rare

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: April 21, 2017, 04:29:36 pm »

It's just an anomaly thing.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: April 21, 2017, 05:12:20 pm »

Today I ordered one of my science ships to analyse some debris and when I went to check how it was doing I found it walking around the center of the galaxy. Bug, secret anomaly or what? It just hung around there for a while and then went MIA.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, how do you manage ship design upgrades? I don't really like how the auto-upgrade checkbox works, but upgrading battleships and fortresses manually is just mind-melting, given the amount of components they have. Also, is there any way to upgrade military stations other than going through all my systems to find out where I have one or more of them, then entering each system, selecting them and clicking upgrade one by one?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: April 21, 2017, 06:17:20 pm »

I mean, it takes like 30d for me to upgrade a ship design, and I just upgrade en-masse by fleet.

Don't know about fortresses.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: April 21, 2017, 08:43:20 pm »

I just don't bother to iterate the designs unless there's war or it looks like there's going to be a war, since it only takes a short time to do the actual refit. The only real problem is minerals, but if I need a lot of them quickly it's usually possible to just buy them with energy credits.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: April 21, 2017, 09:10:53 pm »

The actual upgrade is simple enough; Auto-complete, unless it changed, will upgrade all your non-weapon systems to their best and what the game thinks is good vis a vis armour/shields/accessories/reactors, and you can then fiddle with the weapons. Really, it's the weapons that are the time-sink; Trying to figure out whether this +15% vs armour gun but less damage is better than just flat damage, missiles vs lasers, etc.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: April 22, 2017, 09:57:38 am »

> names an update after Douglas Adams
> makes it only bug fixes (and quality of life changes)
oh Paradox
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: April 22, 2017, 10:19:09 am »

I generally just choose a theme for my weapons for the game and roll with it.

I only switch it up if the unbidden show up or something like that.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4677 on: April 22, 2017, 11:14:09 am »

I always do a mixture of weapons on my fleets until I see what I am fighting, then I do a refit and tailor my ships to fight whatever I have observed on the enemy's ships.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: April 22, 2017, 11:42:00 am »

My general weapon choices are energy torpedoes against shielded ships, plasma against armoured ships, autocannons against evasive ships, and kinetic artillery against everything else.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: April 22, 2017, 02:04:43 pm »

Anyone here know how migration between empires actually works? I've had a migration treaty with this one nomadic race of desert moths for a long time in my game. Maybe a hundred years at this point? Anyway, very friendly and eventually joined my Federation.

But still...none of them have migrated to my worlds. That includes big desert worlds with Land Of Opportunity on.

My guess is distance. They're pretty far away, and there is a hostile empire in between us. I recently put up wormhole generators so I can reach their lands, but I don't know if that'll help any.

Does anyone know what the limiting factor is? Do their ships have to reach my worlds to migrate? Is there a simple distance limit on how far pops will migrate out of their own empire?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 632