Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678268 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #4770 on: May 09, 2017, 04:41:13 pm »

You can also choose several Ascension Perks with the DLC. What that means.. Might as well just google it.
I think the only exclusive ascension perks are the megastructure and the 3 actual ascensions (synth, bio, not!warp).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: May 09, 2017, 04:44:11 pm »

You can also choose several Ascension Perks with the DLC. What that means.. Might as well just google it.
I think the only exclusive ascension perks are the megastructure and the 3 actual ascensions (synth, bio, not!warp).

None of the Perks are exclusive to my knowledge.

TECHNICALLY not even Synth, Bio, and Psionic...

Just that... Level 2 Synth's ability contradicts Bio's and I THINK Psionic's (for obvious reasons). Mind you... Level 1 synth mixes well.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: May 09, 2017, 04:48:27 pm »

•Megastructures: Build wondrous structures in your systems including Dyson Spheres and ring worlds, bringing both prestige and major advantages to your race.
•Habitat Stations: Build “tall” and establish space stations that will house more population, serving the role of planets in a small and confined empire.

Disappointed that these end up being... Extremely pointless... In fact Habitat Stations end up detrimental due to how this game handles research and Unity.
If you didn't dedicate habitats then it was pointless.

If you did, they were powerful research/energy producers. Food and minerals are pretty eh though.

They count as their own planet. So their research essentially creates parity

Plus the whole Unity penalty occurs either way.

To admit it isn't the worst though.

The number of pops/colonies you have is irrelevant to research speed as long as you keep the same ratio of research producing structures/tiles. Since orbital habitats have superior research labs, dedicating the pop there solely to research is actually a net gain in research speed. A nice, practical option when you've run out of 20+ tile planets in your borders.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: May 09, 2017, 06:05:56 pm »

I'm almost 100% sure that biological, synth, and psionic ascension perks are completely mutual exclusive. If you pick the first psionic perk then you can't do any of the biological or synthetic ascension perks.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: May 09, 2017, 06:43:38 pm »

Okay, there's been some confusion. I mean exclusive as in: exclusive to owners of Utopia, with other perks being for everyone. But I forget if that is actually the case.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: May 09, 2017, 06:56:57 pm »

Okay, there's been some confusion. I mean exclusive as in: exclusive to owners of Utopia, with other perks being for everyone. But I forget if that is actually the case.
Yeah, I have Utopia and I may or may not be wrong about Ascension Perks?
I am not completely sure about all of what's exclusive to the Utopia DLC.
I just posted what I think I understood from Utoipia's Steam Store page.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: May 10, 2017, 01:47:28 am »

The Abrabs update (1.6) is released
Along with the "Creatures of the Void" portrait pack, for free!
(Plus 3 entirely new portraits, which are included in the DLC.)
So the portraits seem buggy.

I want to DL, but Steam instead launches the game when I try. Not unusual if the DLC's installed, except it's not (unless that's only CotV, and the other portraits are in the base game now)
I got both "Creatures of the Void" and the "Anniversary Portraits" on mine. :v

Try launching the game and see if you have the portraits when making an empire though, eh? Best way to check.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: May 10, 2017, 09:44:38 am »

I'm almost 100% sure that biological, synth, and psionic ascension perks are completely mutual exclusive. If you pick the first psionic perk then you can't do any of the biological or synthetic ascension perks.

That confusion is because the Dev's notes specifically state that they are mutually exclusive.

But the game doesn't lock you out of the paths so all that is left is which ones are compatible with which. The only one that is flat out incompatible is the second level of Synth (I mean... you could get both levels of all three... but it would be pointless to do Synth's level 2)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: May 10, 2017, 09:47:38 am »

I haven't bought Utopia yet, and I have no ascension perks of any kind.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: May 10, 2017, 12:30:39 pm »

You cannot get Mind over Matter and also pick the Biological or Synthetic perks. The requirements for bio/synths include "Must not have Mind over Matter".
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: May 10, 2017, 06:57:02 pm »

You cannot get Mind over Matter and also pick the Biological or Synthetic perks. The requirements for bio/synths include "Must not have Mind over Matter".

There are two levels of all of those, you need to be more specific.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: May 10, 2017, 10:30:51 pm »

There's an AWESOME mod that lets you pick the first tiers or all tiers (there are separate mods under the same author for both) that work in 1.6 despite being still in 1.5.1 :D
Although there may be some incompatibilities for Hiveminds and robots and such.

From my experience, I went Bio. I can't get any Synthetic or even touch the Psionic :O
Until this patch and now have to refresh all my info and knowledge once more. I do however believe that the requirements have been changed too, lately. It may be my fuzzy memory but it was mentioned in the changelogs.

...I thought carrier/fighters/bombers were edited this 1.6 though? I can't find any mention of them anywhere. :(

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: May 10, 2017, 10:32:08 pm »

Ahh so it was updated.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: May 10, 2017, 10:43:30 pm »

Ahh so it was updated.
And on the day and the next few hours, many, many mods were updated too!
...Because somehow even if the version # gives a red triangle, it doesn't necessarily mean that there's a conflict, somehow. o_O Which partly explained most of that quick updates--and the authors being active.

Like the patch notes didn't seem to touch combat at all, as my hazy memory says. It did touch the Enigmatic Fortress rewards though! (so anything with guardians) I've seen a mod that reverts the change but a strange comment hinted there were 'other ways that didn't include overriding the file' so...maybe people have to do some exploring to find out :P [the EF was changed to give 'one RANDOM reward' instead of the full set...as far as was written]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: May 10, 2017, 10:58:42 pm »

Ahh so it was updated.
And on the day and the next few hours, many, many mods were updated too!
...Because somehow even if the version # gives a red triangle, it doesn't necessarily mean that there's a conflict, somehow. o_O

It's much, much simpler and computationally less expensive to just have modders set the minimum and maximum working versions of their mods and show a warning if the current version of the game does not fit within this range. It's how paradox games do it, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 632