Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678307 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #5010 on: July 04, 2017, 05:51:07 pm »

Happily retires to a life of luxury after leading their species into the stars?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: July 04, 2017, 05:52:52 pm »

Screw that! You've built up tons of experience, you jerk, now get back here and serve your civilization!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: July 04, 2017, 06:09:48 pm »

i thought they became a governer leader if they aren't re-elected...?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: July 04, 2017, 06:15:20 pm »

Maybe it was patched at some point, but I very clearly remember starting leaders just plain vanishing if they ever lost an election. Pissed me off to no end.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: July 04, 2017, 06:15:38 pm »

i thought they became a governer leader if they aren't re-elected...?
Nope.  As far as I've ever seen, they simply disappear into the Shroud aether.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: July 04, 2017, 10:55:46 pm »

I can understand the guy saying ''Screw this I'm outta here''. He leads his nation in one of the most important part of its history and ends up losing his reelection. Not everybody want or can pull a Churchill.

It happened once to me long ago when the leader of my Canadian Space Confederation ran on a platform of bringing back slavery during his reelection. I ruled it as a fall of grace in this case and he lost to someone with a title of sir.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: July 04, 2017, 11:01:43 pm »

I believe I've seen the starting leader come back and run for election after losing earlier. They don't join your stable of experts, but if I remember right they do have a chance of attempting to run again for office.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: July 05, 2017, 12:19:01 am »

I wish I knew why your first leader just disappears into the ether if he or she doesn't get re-elected.
Real life presidents don't generally go back into congress.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: July 05, 2017, 03:52:17 am »

I wish I knew why your first leader just disappears into the ether if he or she doesn't get re-elected.
Real life presidents don't generally go back into congress.
I was under the impression that presidents of all races, creeds, and species get into congress all the time. Hell, some of them REALLY love congress. Like, with as many constituents as they can get away with.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: July 05, 2017, 06:53:52 am »

Hmmm... There does not seem to be enough instability in my current game.  There are like 3 federation blocks, but I think 2 of em are pacifist hippy types. 
Plus the crazy countries make it really easy for everyone else to be buddies.  That +30 or +50 same rival bonus.  Heck, even made it too easy for me to make non-aggression pacts and close all the borders.

Though, early-mid game balance wise, it is really damned hard to take down outposts and space stations cause of these mods I got, seems they were designed for end-game usefulness.

As for the FTL/Warp stuff... Way too easy to expand all over the freaking place if you are not Hyperlaning.
While if you Hyperlane and let AI use the fancy ones, they weirdly expand all over the places you leave open if you don't splurge your outposts everywhere.  And any asshole 'friends' you have open borders with will go past your front lines and plop down an outpost. That annoyed the heck out of me.
Also, first contact stage, it really means nothing.  The AI will always spend the time to make contact.  And it gets done in 2-3 months at most.  Not enough time for a first strike against the filthy interlopers encroaching upon my borders.

Edit: I'm gonna have to find mods that heavily nerf the range on the fancy ones if I still want to have them in the game.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 07:09:23 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: July 05, 2017, 10:44:42 pm »

Hmmm... There does not seem to be enough instability in my current game.  There are like 3 federation blocks, but I think 2 of em are pacifist hippy types. 
Plus the crazy countries make it really easy for everyone else to be buddies.  That +30 or +50 same rival bonus.  Heck, even made it too easy for me to make non-aggression pacts and close all the borders.
On the normal aggression mapgen settings, yeah. Haven't tried the higher ones, but the setting does exist and may be worth tinkering with, considering that's been my past 2 games as well.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: July 06, 2017, 01:24:38 am »

On the normal aggression mapgen settings, yeah. Haven't tried the higher ones, but the setting does exist and may be worth tinkering with, considering that's been my past 2 games as well.

I only play on high aggression setting now, because otherwise the galaxy tends to become a bit stale.
Of course, Stellaris gameplay follows a pretty predictable path in terms of military buildup, so even with high aggression there's a fair bit of nothing going on, so long as you keep up with the AI military capacity. In my opinion the game could use some events to shake up the AI war declaration decisions.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: July 06, 2017, 01:29:10 am »

Not sure if this is actually a defeat, or an advantage, but its screwed up my game plan.
A fallen empire, the taknu, decided to become relevant again. Since theyre fanatical xenophiles and pacifists, this means enforcing peace in the galaxy. So their first act, not a month later? To demand i sign their pact and become a vassal. Or die, presumbly, but i didnt want to risk finding out what the punishment for refusing would be. This kicked me from my federation with another state, which has gone on to form a new federation with another nation that refused to join ours because they didnt like me, even though we were great pals and they had maxed out trust and +120 opinion. I dont really understand diplomacy.

Then i saw the taknu fleet. They went out to a system with some pirates in it and obliterated them. The total fleet power estimate was over 200k for their fleet. The next worst ive seen is the space cthulu fallen empire, a fanatical xenophobic authoritarian state, and their "2nd Murder" fleet of 80k that wrecked all my shit when i colonized a planet too close to them. i honestly save scummed when that happened because there was simply nothing i could do, game over try again you know

Maybe i can piss off the other three fallen empires, and since im a protectorate/vassal of the taknu they will defend me? If they take the brunt of the fleet warfare, maybe i can get away with abandoning their treaty or something? In the meantime, im left to colonize everything everywhere, build ships and economy, and develop new technologies.

How reliable are npc allies in coming to your aid? Will they just faff about while youre being wasted?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: July 06, 2017, 02:48:17 am »

That's what happened in my game, and my (eventual) solution was to cheat invincibility for the fleet battle. It's not my favorite, but I think they wildly overbuffed fallen empires fleet strength, since even with a large fleet with a lot of late game technology, I have trouble breaking 50-60k, and their fleet strength in my game was something like 300k.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: July 06, 2017, 06:46:28 am »

I only play on high aggression setting now, because otherwise the galaxy tends to become a bit stale.
Of course, Stellaris gameplay follows a pretty predictable path in terms of military buildup, so even with high aggression there's a fair bit of nothing going on, so long as you keep up with the AI military capacity. In my opinion the game could use some events to shake up the AI war declaration decisions.
Aye, I'm actually on high aggression.  I also have mods that add in opinion modifiers due to... Policy settings and Civic differences/sameness.

... Joining a federation then colonizing a few holy Gaia would drag em into that war wouldn't it?  What about as an associate?
I've really only been playing as an isolationist type.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 632