Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678197 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #5520 on: November 24, 2017, 10:34:05 pm »

Because everyone wants to have to run a script every time they boot the game just to get some decent keybinds...
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: November 24, 2017, 10:34:58 pm »

I would literally refund the game right now if I hadn't already had a good long time with an earlier version from... a friend.  On my desktop.

You're probably just poking fun because I'm mad, which is cool... I do feel better now, honestly.  But I hope you actually realize that this is a really poor, completely unnecessary failure in UI.  I honestly expected it to be fixed by now, because I have a lot of faith in Paradox.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/281990/discussions/0/357285562492342873/#c357286663680612337
and then a couple useful instructions for autoHotKey etc.

Those people can go to hell, except for the last ones who are very kind but make me want to cry.
^
And that's a really quirky hack, hardly a fix.  Certainly not by Paradox.
Any game should have keybinds for zooming in or out. Provided that zooming in and out is a feature in said game.
standard is + and -, maybe try just hitting those and seeing if they do something?
Thanks, but + and - are the speed controls.  And the keypad ones don't work either.  Neither do pgup or pagedwn, which would be the painfully obvious choices IMHO

So you are blaming the developers, for your own hardware issues?
They recognized and addressed laptops in CK2, and here they simply didn't bother.  Hotkey nor buttons.  That's simply lazy/dismissive.

To be honest, I didn't figure out how to use the scroll-zone on my touchpad for a long time (it's unmarked).  It requires two fingers in specific spots- but whatever, I'm playing something else now.  Clausewitz makes my 2-year-old laptop get blazing hot anyway, so I'm playing a much older and arguably better game.  Which still works, AND has (gasp) bindable controls.

Edit:  The game was N++, for the record, I wasn't hinting at CK2 or something.  I'm pretty sure CK2 doesn't have binds either.  But at least it has the icons.
Also "E" (IIRC) does enter or leave a system, which is nice.  I meant to mention that earlier but there were new replies.  It's just not enough, though, especially since I started as the Commonwealth (who start on a moon).  Really needed to zoom a lot.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 11:13:20 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: November 24, 2017, 11:03:24 pm »

They have plenty of camera-oriented hotkeys, so it's actually more than a little odd that they have no zoom hotkey.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: November 25, 2017, 01:28:43 am »

Yeah, I can understand the problem as well.

If there as no zoom controls and I tried to play on a laptop, I'd be pissed too. Hell, I got pissed when Warhammer 2 released without zoom hotkeys either.

-----------

I just completed the most boring Stellaris campaign. It was the one before where I posted I was alone in the galaxy.

See, it turned out all the other species were spawned on the other half of the map. So I had one entire half to myself. The two FEs and three other factions were all cramped together on the other half.

So here I was, an overpowered robot race which could settle anywhere with no penalty, no need for food or happiness or anything fleshbags need. Perfect unity with every citizen in my ginormous empire. So I very quickly consumed the entire half I had. Making me ridiculously powerful with no comparison, while all the other factions fought with themselves.

Nothing happened the entire game. No crisis event spawned. The FEs never awakened or fought anyone. No disasters or major wars. Hell, I don't think anyone actually fought anyone else.

Here I was, twiddling my thumbs waiting for a crisis to take place. I defeated every single guardian. Made a Dyson Sphere. Turned all my core worlds into machine worlds.

Eventually I got so bored of waiting I just declared a war for the second largest AI. After winning easily, this gave me control of 75% of the galaxy and I won a supremacy victory.

Maybe I was the crisis all along...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: November 25, 2017, 08:32:48 pm »

And then umiman was the Contingency.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: November 25, 2017, 08:47:44 pm »

And then umiman was the Contingency.

When you accidentally get some Miroslav Butter on your AI Chocolate.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: November 25, 2017, 09:02:37 pm »

Here's a picture of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: November 25, 2017, 09:04:04 pm »

How badly did sone of those guys fail to expand?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: November 25, 2017, 09:19:24 pm »

So, some things on sale - is Utopia worth $13.39?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: November 25, 2017, 09:37:44 pm »

How badly did sone of those guys fail to expand?
Hmm...

I actually started my expansion by going down. So I think I kinda walled off the Faffosan Mandate really early on alongside the other bird empire that was there. It's the one I completely consumed in the picture.

Then because there was no more space in the bottom, I just went up. I just kept going up and up and up until I ran into the FE.

I think the reason I could expand so much faster than anyone else, alongside the fact that I had no enemies or rivals to speak of, was that robots can settle anywhere with virtually no penalty. So the only thing stopping me from just landgrabbing the entire galaxy was influence.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: November 26, 2017, 12:14:00 am »

Utopia adds some pretty solid features, I would say it is indeed worth it.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: November 26, 2017, 12:38:12 am »

Aye I'd call it worth.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: November 26, 2017, 01:59:29 am »

Yes, it is indeed worth it.
Especially if it's on sale.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: November 26, 2017, 08:25:37 pm »

So, some things on sale - is Utopia worth $13.39?

No. It adds very little to the game and will add less once the next patch comes out.

You can get virtually the same content by buying Synthetic Dawn, which is also cheaper.

Utopia is probably worth it at 50% off or more.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: November 26, 2017, 08:57:27 pm »

Synthetic Dawn only adds more if you need robits. Otherwise, it's a rather shallow pack. That said, I love it to the extreme, but Utopia adds more to the game overall.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 632