Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678245 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #6315 on: April 19, 2018, 09:37:29 pm »

Should be a few stars without any gates, and if you want to go there you need to send a giant wormgate-carrying ship on a very, very long sub-light journey. :P

I like sci-fi settings where traveling between stars the old-fashioned way is necessary sometimes.

Actually, that could be a way to achieve the scenario.  Make a mod to the game to replace the existing hyperdrives with stuff like ion thrusters akin to the Pre-FTL mods, but with the gateway generation really ramped up and the tech for their activation (not construction) arriving as a tier 1 or tier 2 common tech (with cost adjusted).  You have to go out and find the abandonned gateways with your STL survey ships, but once you find them, you have a spot you can FTL to.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: April 19, 2018, 10:01:31 pm »

Should be a few stars without any gates, and if you want to go there you need to send a giant wormgate-carrying ship on a very, very long sub-light journey. :P

I like sci-fi settings where traveling between stars the old-fashioned way is necessary sometimes.

Actually, that could be a way to achieve the scenario.  Make a mod to the game to replace the existing hyperdrives with stuff like ion thrusters akin to the Pre-FTL mods, but with the gateway generation really ramped up and the tech for their activation (not construction) arriving as a tier 1 or tier 2 common tech (with cost adjusted).  You have to go out and find the abandonned gateways with your STL survey ships, but once you find them, you have a spot you can FTL to.

Everyone is Hiver now.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: April 20, 2018, 12:49:48 am »

Okay, so now I'm fighting a zombie invasion. Not just me, but the entire Galaxy is.

This modder was certainly crafty. The chain of events certainly did not make me think zombie invasion. It was a really long and drawn out chain of events so when the zombies hit it came out of left field. Hell I certainly wasn't expecting it to take the role of the mid game crisis.

It's actually quite brutal. I'm losing pops every month or so and every time we do so we need to fight off a really powerful invasion force of zombies. I've already lost two core worlds to it.

I already have the cure, but I need to genemod my species to cure ourselves. It's taking a really, really long time. All the while my people are dying by the millions.

The worst part is it's almost time for the crisis to spawn.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6318 on: April 20, 2018, 02:07:34 am »

Iiinnteresting. Because you can't attack via gateways, civil wars that start in regions isolated from the rest of the jump network always succeed.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: April 20, 2018, 04:33:34 am »

Broken? In what ways? ( I haven't tried it yet)
All my weapons have no sounds or effects.

Edit: Also this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1140543652

2.0.3 is completely broken and this mod will not be updated for it
I will not be updating this mod for 2.0.3 as currently the AI will not build starbase modules, starbase buildings, and it will allocate funds for Starbases. As such, it's common to for the AI to have up to 10000 minerals devoted to starbases that it will never spend. Further, this prevents the AI from ever being a competitive threat to players.
No! Is realist because there is no sound in space and goverment bureaucracy is shit!
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: April 20, 2018, 01:17:59 pm »

Saw that there were some updates, did they fix the AI
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: April 20, 2018, 03:30:49 pm »

Saw that there were some updates, did they fix the AI

nope

maybe next patch

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: April 20, 2018, 03:50:49 pm »

This game is going backwards. It was more fun, playable, and seemed like someone had an idea of what the hell the game was supposed to be, even if it wasn't executed perfectly.

Now it's less fun, less playable, the mechanics just seem like they're randomly being changed around... it's like 2.0 wasn't the awesome fix for everything like they hoped, but they're not willing to give up on it, so they're just hoping to get really lucky and stumble into good gameplay.

Is it just me, or did 2.0 make every issue 2.0 was supposed to fix worse?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: April 20, 2018, 04:05:02 pm »

Great Khan crisis fired, and with my borders literally surrounding them, I decided to becoma Satrapy immediately.  Owned roughly half the (admitedly tiny-sized) galaxy through my vassals, and those immediately transferred to the Khan.  A bit annoying, but the Khanate directly bordered a Xenophobic fallen empire who immediately went to war with them as well.  The Fallen Empire then wound up destroying both chances the Khan had at a major fleet within a year, which meant the original, non-event spawned fleets were entirely intact.  The various warlords squabbled for a bit, then formed a federation that all the vassals and myself joined, creating a force in control of the northern galaxy roughly 12 times more powerful than before and basically instantly flipping which victory I'm going for.

I love this game.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: April 20, 2018, 11:48:55 pm »

This game is going backwards. It was more fun, playable, and seemed like someone had an idea of what the hell the game was supposed to be, even if it wasn't executed perfectly.
Handing the reins over to Wiz was a mistake.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6325 on: April 21, 2018, 05:18:50 pm »

I have to disagree. 2.0 was a big leap forward in making a game out of Stellaris while preserving the idea of it being a space opera. Above all, I appreciate that the changes haven't hurt its modability.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6326 on: April 21, 2018, 05:23:09 pm »

In fact next patch they're making custom galaxies really easy for mod makers, allowing precise star positioning and such so people will be able to recreate things without weird save hacking

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: April 23, 2018, 09:46:38 am »

A story-pack expansion has been announced

Detail on it seems scattered, but people on the Paradox Forums managed to dig this up:
MAIN FEATURES

Behind Closed Doors: Discover hidden traces of an ancient gateway network unlocking a sealed path to a constellation outside our own galaxy. But is this door holding something out, or keeping something in?

Sensors are Picking up… That Can’t be Right: Encounter dozens of new anomalies and events for your intrepid scientists to observe and analyze, and a galaxy of wonders for them to discover.

Brave New Worlds: Plot unexplored unique solar systems, each with their own story to tell. Gain technology, resources, and valuable worlds to colonize.

There’s Always a Bigger Fish: Come face to face with a number of unique gargantuan creatures that exist and thrive in the vacuum of space. But approach with caution, because whether gentle giants or something more sinister, these legendary behemoths have existed long before you and will do what it takes to survive long after.

I like the leviathans, so more is good. I wonder how this constellation will be represented on the map though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: April 23, 2018, 09:48:01 am »

wow. haven't even finished fixing the last dlc, announced the next one already

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: April 23, 2018, 09:52:29 am »

wow. haven't even finished fixing the last dlc, announced the next one already
They fixed the last dlc, it's just that they fucked things up in the more recent patches which is just plain embarassing at this point.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 632