Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why do atrifact slabs get "relocated" in Adventurer mode?  (Read 2650 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Why do atrifact slabs get "relocated" in Adventurer mode?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2024, 05:13:52 am »

Oh my God I noticed how it was doing it or at least I know how it's doing doing some of it I have an embark with nothing at it and I built some shops I built a butcher shop it had nothing in it when I retired I come to it as an adventure and it's filled with elf body parts now I bet I go back to my fort and now the damn butcher shop's going to be filled with elf body parts I didn't put no body parts there but they're going to be there when I retire when I go back to the fort 😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yep I went back to the fort in fort mode and yep I'll be that butcher shop was still filled with all those those brand new elf parts that I didn't put there and that Fort that went crazy I must have did something something weird must have happened in between visits with the adventurer that it just added a ton of asinine items it's at least an interesting way to get weird and unique items at your fort now I can make a bunch of elf item things I guess is kind of cool
so one thing to keep one sane in all this is ... I guess leaving the fort out of your control will lead to the citizens to do what they want.
which with libraries they attract scholars and visitors around the world to visit and trade and add books to the place.
so it's not a different version of the save and load feature and more 'ok time to turn this site into something similar to the pre-gen sites in adv mode with all the pros and cons of doing that.'
that butcher stuff though is new I haven't heard of anything like that before.
Yeah I don't know I was playing vanilla goblins and necromancer elfs attacked so maybe maybe they did it for some reason I have no idea and they butchered them ?

Okay now I know there's something weird going on with going back and forth from retiring a fort and going into adventure mode this time I went in and I just went nuts and started smashing everybody in the face with a hammer I killed like three people and then got killed myself I quit and came back into that game as an adventure again and the bodies were still there after I quit the bodies were still there??? They shouldn't have been there right like that doesn't make sense.
ok I think I know what might have happen with more thought on it, your fort got invaded mid 2 week wait and defeated the invasion, and the result might have lead to a butchering or slaughtering of them which uhh leads to the result being visible if you visit. you probably want to check legends mode to see if there any event of something like that happening to the fort.

another factor I can see with this dead body thing is you died and quit the game I would have said the game saved and force you to make a new adventurer, but chances are this might be a quit without saving still storing the adv mode data from the last session and returning to the same spot led to the same bodies, this probably gets cleared if you close the process so the left over session data gets cleared.
this does lead to some interesting testing to see what you could do with doomed timelines leaking into the past.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
Re: Why do atrifact slabs get "relocated" in Adventurer mode?
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2024, 12:13:37 pm »

I didn't get a chance to do anything like immediately when I noticed that the bodies were there the game crashed immediately

And then I started at the adventure again and the bodies were gone
Pages: 1 [2]