Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: MTG Adventures RTD - End.  (Read 10320 times)

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - Signups
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 03:07:11 am »

Frelock's going to be clinging to Toaster's leg screaming "DON'T LEAAAAAAVE MEEEEEE" while Toaster frantically tries to dislodge him while screaming "WHY IS IT TOUCHING ME GET IT OFF". The kobold and the scribe are going to be doing nothing but squabbling with each other over loot, and Darvi's going to be sitting in the corner plotting to murder us all.

A highly efficient and functional team, I like it.
This describes, to a lesser or greater extent, every Pen and paper Tabletop RPG I've ever been a part of. And is hilarious.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 06:38:39 am »

I'm guessing that I'll never get a chance to play (Look at that waiting list) but I'm applying anyway. Also, I've never played MTG, please bear with my idiocies.

Name: Micelus
Race: Gessun/Lizardman
Favored Cards:
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=198162 ( For combat)

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=4350 (Bodyguard.)

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=213771 (Simply damages enemies with the equivalent of three damage. Does increased damaged to the sick and parasites)

Starting Land: Red
Useful skill/hobby: Studying other cultures; especially their languages (in other words; linguistics)
Profession: Shaman
Disadvantage: He WILL die in cold enough conditions. Or if the GM dosen't like that, he's near-sighted.
Backstory: Micelus was a shaman of one of the many lizardmen (or as they are called in their tongues/Gessun)  tribes. He interpreted dreams, conducted the tribal rituals, and acted as a regular diplomat to the other tribes; attacking those who commune with spirits or men of the cloth are taboo where Micelus is from. In his spare time, he would study the cultures beyond his home. Interesting things with their cities and great wars. Sometimes he wanted to just leave in the night and travel the world, but he always forced himself to stay for his tribe's sake. One day, while sacrificing some livestock to the spirits, his flames erupted in great fury. They surrounded Micelus, and gave him a new skin. With the colour of charcoal, he was either blessed or cursed; people would say. The pains of the flames, kept him in his tent for three weeks, by all means he should have died, but instead he struggled on. Eventually his skin healed and hardened. He tried to continue with his tribal duties, but the tribesmen, still not knowing if he was a curse or blessing, exiled him from his home. With nothing holding him back, he traveled to these lands he had heard of, so far away. On his way out of his lands, he came upon a dwarf. Strange thing to even see a non-gessuni, stranger yet to see a dwarf. Micelus approached, but the dwarf did not move. Micelus came closer, and eventually he saw that the dward was holding three cards in his hand. The dwarf pushed it forward to Micelus, gave it to him, and then proceeded to drink a mug of beer. Only after he had drunk it that Micelus realized the beer was deadly. With that, he had magic. He soon learned that these cards could bring to life creatures, and burn his foes and surroundings alike.

Requests:

Starting area: The land of the Gessuni; the lizardmen. It is a rugged land of deserts and plains and canyons. Trees are few and most vegetation is low-lying. The Gessuni themselves live on the high-rises of the plains; the mesas and plateaus that jut out every now and then. The plains and hills of Gessuni stretch for miles upon miles, but several roads and rivers help commerce and travel.

Local government: The land of Gessun is split into 100's of little territories each ruled by a different tribe. When invaders or foreigners come and try to exploit or conquer the land, the tribes will usually band together temporarily.

Foreigners: The lands of Gessun is a common trade route for several countries as it is pretty much a neutral zone for the surrounding nations, as long as you don't try establishing a settlement or mess with the tribes of course. Some of the places known to trade through here include Favai, Eklon, Drev, and the lands of the Avens

Goal: Right now, Micelus' goal is to find these cities he had heard and read about. Perhaps he would find some foreigners passing through?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:52:07 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 12:41:39 pm »

I say: starting place Kamigawa.
 :P
Also, Artifacts FTW
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 02:39:22 pm »

Since nobody posted a starting scenario that I wanted to use, you get feudal werewolves.

Spoiler: Brief Overview (click to show/hide)

Town of Göttingen (Names for the current area will be picked semi-randomly from Germanic names. Any relation to real-world counterparts is purely accidental.)

Darvi Derpson: He awakens in an inn, eats breakfast, pays for his lodgings, and watches the fireplace as he contemplates his next move. He had arrived late last night, and dreamed of successfully spreading his cult to Göttingen, eventually gaining enough followers to complete his dark goals. Four hand-picked underlings should be assessing for the suitability of, and hopefully spreading, his teachings to the outlying areas.

Dwareval'il'ik: The kobold arrived in town yesterday, her pockets fresh with the gold from recently-sold stock. She has another five gold pieces buried about half a day outside town as a security measure. She breathes the fresh dawn air, pleased with the knowledge that nobody nearby has dealt with her before - They'll be easy enough to part with their money, and nobody wants to kill her. Probably. She decides against leaving without paying, eats a simple breakfast, and leaves the inn, ignoring the dwarf staring at the empty fireplace.

Irosus: Having awoken before dawn, he manages to get some "food" from a river, and approaches the nearby city from the west as the sky begins to lighten. Life in the wilderness is distinctly unpleasant, and this town seems as good a place as any to begin his plans. After several minutes of being harassed by the guards, he is finally deemed boring and admitted inside.

Toaster: The elf approaches the city's eastern gate, wrinkling his nose at the stench of civilization. He would prefer not to be here, but had met a fortune teller last week who insisted that his goal lay nearby. As she knew of his name and quest, and he had no other leads, he decided to investigate the city. The guards ignored him as he entered, instead choosing to focus on verbally assaulting an old man with a pet wyrmling. He sneered invisibly - If all the guards were as undisciplined, he would be able to take the city in days with only a company.

Frelock: Four days after leaving the mountains, Frelock had started to question if it was worth leaving The Hive, and had seriously considered going back several times, if only for a time. He then met one who identified as a human named Gus. Gus was a traveler, like Frelock, who studied exotic cultures. Though he said nothing, Gus was fascinated and wished them to travel together after learning about Frelock. The sliver decided that it would be able to continue its mission with a permanent 'other', even if it was far less then the Hive, and accepted.
A year later, they returned to The Hive - Frelock had learned two spells, but had great difficulty casting them alone. The Hive was pleased with all he had learned. At Frelock's request, they spent a few months creating a special limb, able to channel the magic for flight. It took several tries before the project was successful: The limb would normally be a part of The Hive, but Frelock could use his card to summon it to his location and it would immediately become part of FrelockHive. Gus had been quite discomforted by being attached to The Hive, however shortly and weakly, and left the valley after a few hours, telling Frelock where to find him. He was quite excited by the new creation and its implications.
Six months after that, they stood at the gates of Göttingen, the political structure of which was Gus' next study project. The guards were eventually convinced that Gus was indeed just a traveling monk with a strange yet harmless pet, and they were allowed in. Gus began moving onwards, looking for lodgings and a job - Routine allowed Frelock to follow and assist as he could, or explore as he wished.

Character sheets:
Spoiler: Darvi Derpson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwareval'il'ik (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irosus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:41:58 pm by Nirur Torir »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - Turn 1
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 03:03:42 pm »

Foolish humans.  How did they ever manage to come up with this joke of a "civilization?"  They can't be trusted with even simple guard duty.

Find a city official, prefereably elven, and ask him what is going on in the city.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 03:20:25 pm »

Foolish Humans! So easy to part with their money...

Begin collecting useless bricks around the city, which I then peddle as True Holy Artifacts from the Tomb of an Important Sounding Saint.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:45:11 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 03:36:59 pm »

Foolish humans. They too shall be purged.

Send out my minions to find some weak-willed people who seem desperate enough to join me.

In the meanwhile, walk around town as if I was a tourist of some sort, and try to gain any useful information about the place.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 03:41:32 pm »

Foolish humans. Wasting time here while true progress awaits!

Search for potential servants and opportunities.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 03:59:01 pm »

Wow humans are great!  And there's so many of them!  This is amazing.  How do they all manage to live together without any connection is astounding.  I wonder, do they all have a different purpose, a different goal?  I should ask other, no "Gus," later.

Follow and assist Gus however possible.  Possibly use telepathy on a few passers-by, just to listen and observe.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 04:02:57 pm »

Wow humans are great!  And there's so many of them!  This is amazing.  How do they all manage to live together without any connection is astounding.  I wonder, do they all have a different purpose, a different goal?  I should ask other, no "Gus," later.

Follow and assist Gus however possible.  Possibly use telepathy on a few passers-by, just to listen and observe.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER.

(couldn't resist.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 04:07:46 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 05:06:21 pm »

See? Amusing already. Have an early turn.

Blame all your upcoming problems on Toaster. They're his fault. All of them.

Toaster:
{5} - The elvish knight correctly guesses that the large and impressive building near the center of town is a government building. {1} It's apparently the governor's mansion, which doubles as the city center. A single (unfortunately human) clerk is on duty in the lobby, and answers Toaster's questions, apparently glad of the distraction. {1} {5} The city has become quite prosperous over the last few years, thanks to an earthquake that brought rich veins of gold and high-quality iron to the surface. The metalcrafting industry is booming, and the duke has made this the primary city for creating weapons and armor for his troops. The newfound wealth has encouraged the proliferation of bandits, thugs, and thieves. The governor has more important things to do then hire even more city watchmen; any merchant too poor to hire their own guards is probably a failure that deserved to be robbed. Additionally, the monarchy to the south seems to be gaining ground. At the current rate, they'll likely besiege the city in a month.

Dwareval'il'ik:
{2}{3} The populace appears to be agnostic, and nobody is willing to buy any artifacts of Saint Norton. The kobold now has more stolen bricks than she can easily move.

Darvi Derpson:
{1}{3} The dwarf begins asking random people about the local area. He learns that the city is built on an ancient faultline. As a riverside city, much of its commerce comes from a small port. The local industry relies on crafting precious metals and arms for the duke.
Darvi is pretty sure he told his underlings to try recruiting more cultists before they broke contact. He could likely find them again with little effort, but regular contact might look suspicious, and none were assigned to the city (To reduce the chances of detection).

Irosus:
{2} - The Irosus begins asking about anyone looking for work as discreetly as an insectoid without money can. He gets no offers, but a drunk hobo is loudly proclaiming them to be best friends.

Frelock:
{2}{5} Gus manages to find a bored young man who is too cowardly to be adventurous willing to trade a few days of lodgings in exchange for tales of foreign lands and some of Gus' more interesting findings on cultural differences. Frelock detects no deceit, and soundlessly relays this to Gus.
He learns what Darvi learned about the area (Not from Darvi. I just see no reason to repeat it again), and tells Gus. He also learns that the locals tend to be fairly violent, and several have weak desires to kill him.
Gus decides to rest for a few hours as he relays a few tales.

It is now three hours after dawn.

Character sheets:
Spoiler: Darvi Derpson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwareval'il'ik (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irosus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - Turn 2
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2011, 05:08:14 pm »

Why the rerolls?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2011, 05:10:14 pm »

This one seems high-maintenance. Perhaps later.

Find work. Or not-drunk comrades.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2011, 05:12:21 pm »

Aw c'mon, don't leave your best buddy alone!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11