Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1426 1427 [1428] 1429 1430 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3642354 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #21405 on: July 02, 2018, 07:41:51 pm »

Whatever you do, just make sure you agree with Shazbot's political views. Nevermind we're living in an era where the president will straight up invent facts, but how DARE you malign Infowars.

Hey, someone needs to care about the frogs.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21406 on: July 02, 2018, 07:52:09 pm »

Why do I bother. You want to believe the worst, you have a lie that supports the worst, you will believe the worst.

Wouldn't the worst, in this case, be that Alex Jones is candidly reporting on an actual global deep state conspiracy? Surely that's worse than him being a nutcase.

In that case, the people who want to believe the worst and have lies that support the worst would presumably be Infowars fans.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21407 on: July 02, 2018, 08:11:34 pm »

Whatever you do, just make sure you agree with Shazbot's political views. Nevermind we're living in an era where the president will straight up invent facts, but how DARE you malign Infowars.

Hey, someone needs to care about the frogs.

The frogs are gay, they're cheering in the streets!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #21408 on: July 02, 2018, 08:16:06 pm »

A global deep state conspiracy would actually imply cooperative global leadership and a form of political unity. Impersonally, such an organization may be bad for a given group, but after a while the leadership -- whatever form it takes -- presumably will solidify its control and produce a stable and peaceful political climate.

The real worst-case scenario would be if the world, on the largest scale, was controlled by inhuman forces with no conscious direction, and that only fear and avarice control the interaction of nations, with no great destiny planned and total annihilation of all known sentient life remained a reasonable possibility for the next century or more.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21409 on: July 02, 2018, 08:30:38 pm »

The real worst-case scenario would be if the world, on the largest scale, was controlled by inhuman forces with no conscious direction, and that only fear and avarice control the interaction of nations, with no great destiny planned and total annihilation of all known sentient life remained a reasonable possibility for the next century or more.

God or gods maybe?

the athiest in me couldn't resist the joke, sorry, lol

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21410 on: July 02, 2018, 08:51:15 pm »

God or gods maybe?

In the old testament god saw there was too much evil, so he did the deific version of flipping the table by flooding the world.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21411 on: July 02, 2018, 09:43:18 pm »

God or gods maybe?

In the old testament god saw there was too much evil, so he did the deific version of flipping the table by flooding the world.

He also swore to never do that again, so I think we can count that out as a solution unless someone somehow does it themselves.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21412 on: July 02, 2018, 09:48:33 pm »

He also swore to never do that again, so I think we can count that out as a solution unless someone somehow does it themselves.

God said to Noah and his sons:

I am giving you my blessing. Have a lot of children and grandchildren, so people will live everywhere on this earth. 2 All animals, birds, reptiles, and fish will be afraid of you. I have placed them under your control, and I have given them to you for food. From now on, you may eat them, as well as the green plants that you have always eaten.

I'm seeing a Bible Plot Hole here with The Lord telling Noah he can now eat animals. This doesn't really equate with the Cain and Abel story (plant grower scorned in favor of animal herder). Also seems a weird way to celebrate wiping out the world's sin by enacting a new age of murder-feasting.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 09:52:31 pm by Reelya »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21413 on: July 02, 2018, 10:06:21 pm »

Interesting note here as this seems to have turned into the impromptu religion discussion thread. the flood story is one of the bible stories that is actually written twice slightly differently in the bible. The reason is one was the common version and the other was the priestly version. They compromised when compiling the old testament by putting them both in. Quite interesting.

Flood Version 1:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flood Version 2:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21414 on: July 02, 2018, 10:18:31 pm »

impromptu

Maybe "default" is a better term there. :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21415 on: July 02, 2018, 10:20:34 pm »

And all flesh that is on the earth and covenants and all flesh that is covenant of flesh that is on the earth of floods and flesh and covenants on the earth.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21416 on: July 02, 2018, 10:28:07 pm »

The first version makes it sound like it took 600 years for habitable land to show up. I guess it taking about a year to dry out strained disbelief less than 600 years. Still have to suspend disbelief about how the hell to feed all of those animals.

Someone petition Imic to reopen the religion thread, lol.

Noah’s Ark still makes for a great metaphor for Ark Terra.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21417 on: July 02, 2018, 10:31:34 pm »

I think the "in the 600th year" is meant to be a date, not an elapsed time. 600 years since creation.

BTW some Young Earth Creationists get around the animal numbers problem by postulating that there was only one pair of each "kind" which they've raised to the level of genus or order instead of species, then the postulate that "hyper evolution" occured afterwards, something like 10000 times faster than scientists claim it does, to create e.g. everything from tigers to lions to housecats from one pair of "cat-kind" on the ark. so, normal evolution? Not enough time. But God can do anything, so magical hyper evolution is completely sensible.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 10:37:57 pm by Reelya »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21418 on: July 02, 2018, 10:48:23 pm »

I think the "in the 600th year" is meant to be a date, not an elapsed time. 600 years since creation.

BTW some Young Earth Creationists get around the animal numbers problem by postulating that there was only one pair of each "kind" which they've raised to the level of genus or order instead of species, then the postulate that "hyper evolution" occured afterwards, something like 10000 times faster than scientists claim it does, to create e.g. everything from tigers to lions to housecats from one pair of "cat-kind" on the ark. so, normal evolution? Not enough time. But God can do anything, so magical hyper evolution is completely sensible.

Maybe the dinosaurs getting asteroid'd was another flood level table flipping from god.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21419 on: July 03, 2018, 12:46:25 am »

Maybe the dinosaurs getting asteroid'd was another flood level table flipping from god.

Serves 'em right, honestly, the sluts.
Pages: 1 ... 1426 1427 [1428] 1429 1430 ... 3515