Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 73

Author Topic: The Cataclysm games thread.  (Read 104385 times)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cataclysm games thread.
« Reply #540 on: February 10, 2022, 07:15:27 pm »

I consider this to be a better explanation, but it's a 2-hour long video essay rather than an article.

Working my way through it, but is really good!

Was having it on the side while doing more Cataclysm so not offtopic either :P

Speaking of Cataclysm-BN  though the NPC reading book activity doesn't seem to be working too great, the NPC only gets skill if you see them reading. Working my way to making a camp though which I think will make NPCs more useful by abstracting their work instead of the NPCs actually doing stuff directly.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 11, 2022, 04:01:59 am »

Talking to an NFTbro is like talking to a cult member. And now they're trying to ruin free open-source games with their bullshit. Christ.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 11, 2022, 10:23:11 am »

Some months ago the Stalker 2 devs mentionned that they were going to include nft, whatever it was.
They had to back-pedal after their community outrage.   

the game company ubi soft even launched their own nft-filled platform : https://quartz.ubisoft.com/welcome/

Looks like that nft thing is really trying to find its way everywhere in gaming.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 12, 2022, 06:30:51 pm »

Meanwhile in BN...well. See conversation in this PR for the full thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In short, an attempt to hassle a PR over attribution issues was made, quickly backpedaled from "do it one of these two specified ways or don't do it at all" into "the way you mentioned is fine too" after it was pointed out that pushing the original argument would've got both DDA and BN in legal trouble if there was a basis for the original argument. Because the exact thing had been done with multiple PRs porting from BN to DDA.

The initial PR didn't have links to every relevant DDA PR in its OP but that got fixed after the situation was properly clarified, but key point here is that just linking to the source PRs wasn't listed as an option at first, and the initial response to saying "we can't do it the way you just said to do it" was initially only answered with "do it right or not at all"
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 12, 2022, 06:51:28 pm »

The best part was Kevin's reaction with the Rocket emoji.  I'm going to assume it means something positive but chuckle at what it might also mean...

Overall, the conversation between people working on "opposing" projects was more civil than I might have expected, so good job to them both on that.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 12, 2022, 06:55:24 pm »

The best part was Kevin's reaction with the Rocket emoji.  I'm going to assume it means something positive but chuckle at what it might also mean...

Overall, the conversation between people working on "opposing" projects was more civil than I might have expected, so good job to them both on that.

I'm assuming it's positive too, this makes me do the happy.

And I guess yeah, we both kinda still did our usual thing of passive-aggressively shitting on each other, but still. Went better than it usually does whenever we're in the same thread.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 13, 2022, 08:56:04 am »

It's most likely positive TBH. And really as long as it makes people happy I'm fine with whatever BN does despite not playing it. That is the attitude everyone should have, and unfortunately some people don't. Imagine treating an obscure zombie game more seriously than many treat real life.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 09:01:47 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #547 on: February 15, 2022, 01:28:01 pm »

Has anyone ever thought of a "Backrooms" total conversion mod for Cataclysm DDA before?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 16, 2022, 01:38:09 am »

Has anyone ever thought of a "Backrooms" total conversion mod for Cataclysm DDA before?
What's backrooms?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 16, 2022, 02:25:41 pm »

The Backrooms is a place that exists in the space between different Realities. No one knows exactly what conjures up the prerequisite conditions for someone to end up in the Backrooms, but it all starts with being "No-Clipped" out of your local Reality and into the Backrooms.

The Backrooms is composed of many different "Levels" of varying composition and spatial parameters. One level could be a small cabin in a valley, while an entirely different room could just be clouds that span on infinitely.

All levels are filled with strange beings called "Entities" by the various survivors that find themselves in the Backrooms. Some are harmless, some are neutral but respond to hostilities, and most are outright hostile.

You can check up more about the Backrooms in here: http://backrooms-wiki.wikidot.com/

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 16, 2022, 10:11:06 pm »

The Backrooms is a place that exists in the space between different Realities. No one knows exactly what conjures up the prerequisite conditions for someone to end up in the Backrooms, but it all starts with being "No-Clipped" out of your local Reality and into the Backrooms.

The Backrooms is composed of many different "Levels" of varying composition and spatial parameters. One level could be a small cabin in a valley, while an entirely different room could just be clouds that span on infinitely.

All levels are filled with strange beings called "Entities" by the various survivors that find themselves in the Backrooms. Some are harmless, some are neutral but respond to hostilities, and most are outright hostile.

You can check up more about the Backrooms in here: http://backrooms-wiki.wikidot.com/
Amazing!

Anyways...
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 16, 2022, 10:13:09 pm »

I never dabbled with mutagens in cataclysm, but if I'm reading that right, that bottle contains a mixed slurry of 14 different types of mutagen.

What the hell is going to happen if you drink that?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 16, 2022, 10:17:23 pm »

!!FUN!!

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 16, 2022, 11:29:23 pm »

I never dabbled with mutagens in cataclysm, but if I'm reading that right, that bottle contains a mixed slurry of 14 different types of mutagen.

What the hell is going to happen if you drink that?

Is that why it costs 1.2M dollars?

Man, I wish I could snag that and just sell it myself. lol

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 17, 2022, 02:13:37 am »

Sounds kind of like you'd die if you drank it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 73