Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Let's conquer the skies in Guns of Icarus! Join the Steam group! Blow things up!  (Read 33229 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Let's conquer the skies in Guns of Icarus! (Interest check)
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2013, 10:01:11 am »

Joined the group as "majikero". What time does it start usually?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2013, 11:40:34 am »

Didn't see the steam group yesterday, and thanks Neyvyn for the info, might try it out sometime. Harpoon on the Pyramidion just seemed to hamper our efforts in fighting people as it would make the ship controls unresponsive especially when the enemy ship got at weird angles.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2013, 11:55:47 am »

Played through the tutorials, is there any boarding in this or is it just ship to ship?

Also, can you mix sexes on your characters?  What if I want a lady pilot but man gunner and engineer?
Shoes...

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2013, 11:56:13 am »

Spent some extra time playing last night, practicing up the guns. On a side note, why are all the engineers so incompetent? >.>
I have learned to use  the mortar and the flamethrower. If you can get a good angle, those weapons are absolutely FANTASTIC!

One thing I have noticed experienced pilots doing is keeping an eye on their hull armor, and booking it (with moonshine?) very quickly when it breaks. It makes actually KILLING them extremely hard.

And yes. Stop by the group. I made a trial event for later today, mostly to see how the timing works for people.

This game is a lot of fun with a good crew. I look forward to more :D
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2013, 11:58:27 am »

No boarding, EVER. The devs are against boarding. It takes away from ship-to-ship battle.

You get one character per account and each class is not really a new character but the same one with different role.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2013, 12:03:22 pm »

You can change your character's gender in the character thingy, but it's annoying having to switch between them if you want one for specific classes. I just stick with the gents.

As for ship to ship, another similar game does it but I've never tried it... something buccaneers?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2013, 12:12:27 pm »

You can change your character's gender in the character thingy, but it's annoying having to switch between them if you want one for specific classes. I just stick with the gents.

As for ship to ship, another similar game does it but I've never tried it... something buccaneers?

http://www.ludocraft.com/games/airbuccaneers/

I don't know anything about that game.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2013, 12:35:18 pm »

Thanks, joined the group, will do the tutorial when I have time.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2013, 02:44:15 pm »

Group joined, waiting for orientation training (even though I've had a decent bit of practice at this game).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2013, 03:45:14 pm »

Much as I'd like to, there's no way I can show up to the orientation event at 11:00, sorry.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2013, 03:54:27 pm »

Much as I'd like to, there's no way I can show up to the orientation event at 11:00, sorry.

The event is in part for me to get a feel towards other peoples' schedules. Have a look in the group when you have time, you may well be able to find a crew of 4 to fly with.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2013, 04:14:59 pm »

I own the game and am interested in playing with bay12. Joined the group.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2013, 04:40:09 pm »

Event starts in 5 and a half hours. I should probably cram in some sleep so I can justify it as getting up early, rather than staying up late.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2013, 04:41:46 pm »

Do you guys use voice chat often when playing? Also, I've seem to have forgotten, but does the game have in-game VOIP?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27