Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 804404 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #5685 on: March 26, 2016, 11:29:46 pm »

The what?
Black lives matter.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: March 26, 2016, 11:37:28 pm »

I found out it happens in the Institute, as well. Nothing like talking to your son about blowing up pretty much everything he's ever cared about while a disembodied voice tells you to "punish the child."
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 11:48:37 pm by AlleeCat »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: March 28, 2016, 10:24:10 am »

So, I haven't seen anyone mention it, but you can in fact assign player-built robots to caravan duty, robobrains seem especially well-suited to this job, as they are extremely fast, have high hitpoints, and good accuracy and melee capability as well, their decent armor rating is a nice bonus.  I turned starlight drive-in into my primary trade hub, and I have to say that using robots this way works extremely well.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: March 28, 2016, 10:56:25 am »

So, I haven't seen anyone mention it, but you can in fact assign player-built robots to caravan duty, robobrains seem especially well-suited to this job, as they are extremely fast, have high hitpoints, and good accuracy and melee capability as well, their decent armor rating is a nice bonus.  I turned starlight drive-in into my primary trade hub, and I have to say that using robots this way works extremely well.

In theory you can replace all you settlers with robots of various kinds.

I favour Protectrons for menial tasks, frankenstein Assaultron/Handy hybrids for defence purposes in the settlements that I put sentry positions in and sentry bots for caravans, because who's gonna mess with a mini nuke toting tank that wants to deliver scrap metal?

I could just use an optimal robot design and base all my bots off it, but I like the mix of different designs.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: March 29, 2016, 01:46:10 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63mvtbORMe4

Sorta Skyrim-like. But it is realistic, since after 200 years things will have regrown again anyway. And grass grows everywhere it can to begin with. And makes it look awesome all the ruins with all the greenery around.

Also looks even better than modded Skyrim imo :P And this is still REALLY early in the modding scene, and mods are already making it better than Skyrim. I got all kinds of awesome gameplay mods and stuff. Compared to early Skyrim modding, Fallout 4 is WAY ahead at the same age Skyrim mods were.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4 It Just Works
« Reply #5690 on: March 29, 2016, 02:01:13 am »

I installed Fallout1 on my win7 64bit. I can not change views, just stuck in a zoomed out can not rotate 3rd person view.  Is there any fix, patch, etc for this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: March 29, 2016, 02:07:59 am »

I installed Fallout1 on my win7 64bit. I can not change views, just stuck in a zoomed out can not rotate 3rd person view.  Is there any fix, patch, etc for this?

___
SocPlugin: Best soft for SMM

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: March 29, 2016, 02:10:50 am »

___
SocPlugin: Best soft for SMM
Here you go: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/48095/?

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: March 29, 2016, 11:13:25 am »

Soooooo, any good hard-core/survival mods for F04 yet? Not that I'm feeling that enticed by the price yet but...
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: March 29, 2016, 12:17:40 pm »

Soooooo, any good hard-core/survival mods for F04 yet? Not that I'm feeling that enticed by the price yet but...
The mod kit is not out yet so no. It'll be out in April or so. So give it a few weeks after that for the first big mods to come out and a few months / years after that for them to be feature complete.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: March 29, 2016, 12:24:28 pm »

Sorta Skyrim-like. But it is realistic, since after 200 years things will have regrown again anyway. And grass grows everywhere it can to begin with. And makes it look awesome all the ruins with all the greenery around.

Also looks even better than modded Skyrim imo :P And this is still REALLY early in the modding scene, and mods are already making it better than Skyrim. I got all kinds of awesome gameplay mods and stuff. Compared to early Skyrim modding, Fallout 4 is WAY ahead at the same age Skyrim mods were.

Good god what a difference that makes.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: March 29, 2016, 12:38:55 pm »

Well, that looks immensely STALKER-ish. I approve.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: March 29, 2016, 12:48:05 pm »

Normal grass after 200 years? Where's the man-eating dandelions with lion faces?!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: March 29, 2016, 12:55:04 pm »

Normal grass after 200 years? Where's the man-eating dandelions with lion faces?!
They're off messing with the timeline and trying to manipulate little androgynous children.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: March 29, 2016, 02:58:18 pm »

Looks like the survival mode is available as a beta update in steam. Get ready to not save when you really need to.

EDIT: Their blog post about it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 03:00:55 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 462